• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just in from Superspor-fm  I'm all for it  :tup:

Keeping the faith

Posted Image

Did anyone notice the Fake Macedonian Flag amongst the Turkish supporters:

Click the video highlights of the game

Nikopolidis allowed a bad goal recently against AEK and this shows he cant see anymore:

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?Ln=En&ID=1160

Another example of the blind man between the posts:

http://www.goal4replay.gr/GoalWatch.asp?Ln=En&ID=1404

i live in a small city in australia called adelaide.. it has a strong greek population..

i was at a pub/bar to watch Greece vs Turkey.. the pub holds about 500 ppl.. 470 were greek and there were about 30 turks..

i left the pub feeling very ashamed to be a greek. say what u will i dont care...

when i saw 30 turks laughing and cheering.. i felt like s%$#!...

our team is a joke..

nikopolidis on the other hand must of

a) been paid by the turks..

B) put a massive bet on turkey 4-1 scoreline..

c) got drunk or stoned prior to the game..

i also see people saying bring back eleftheropoulos and chalkias...NO!!! they are old too.. we need a team for future.. and we need it now..

SIFAKIS

SEITARIDIS KYRGIAKOS DARLAS

BASINAS

KARAGOUNIS KATSOURANIS TZIOLIS STELIOS

SAMARAS GEKAS/NINIS

still a few old players in my line up.. but atleast i got rid of the dinosaurs... i might not have made good changes but if u dont agree with building on the future instead of living in the past glory.. well we might as well bring back tsartas and vryzas

God I'm sick of this 4-3-3, even if Otto chose the correct players for this formation it's still not a system I like. 442 or maybe a system similar to portugals 4-1-3-1

My preferred line-ups with eveyone healthy

4-4-2....

Seitaridis--Kyrgiakos--Papadopoulos/Dellas*--Lagos/spyropoulos/darlas

Toro/Ninis------Kara----Katsouranis------Lagos/Gianna*

Samaras/Lybe----Gekas

*Dellas, though shakey lately is world class on his day, if he can regain his form he's a lock.....Giannakopoulos is also capable of helping over the next matches but Lagos should take his spot.

4-1-3-1

Seitaridis---Kyrgiakos-Dellas/Papa---Lagos

Katsouranis

Ninis/Stelios----Lyberopoulos----Karagounis

Samaras/Gekas

i live in a small city in australia called adelaide.. it has a strong greek population..

i was at a pub/bar to watch Greece vs Turkey.. the pub holds about 500 ppl.. 470 were greek and there were about 30 turks..

i left the pub feeling very ashamed to be a greek. say what u will i dont care...

when i saw 30 turks laughing and cheering.. i felt like s%$#!...

our team is a joke..

nikopolidis on the other hand must of

a) been paid by the turks..

B) put a massive bet on turkey 4-1 scoreline..

c) got drunk or stoned prior to the game..

i also see people saying bring back eleftheropoulos and chalkias...NO!!! they are old too.. we need a team for future.. and we need it now..

SIFAKIS

SEITARIDIS KYRGIAKOS DARLAS

BASINAS

KARAGOUNIS KATSOURANIS TZIOLIS STELIOS

SAMARAS GEKAS/NINIS

still a few old players in my line up.. but atleast i got rid of the dinosaurs... i might not have made good changes but if u dont agree with building on the future instead of living in the past glory.. well we might as well bring back tsartas and vryzas

I wouldn't call Adelaide small. If it was in Greece it would be 2nd to Athens.

I live in Canberra which is about the size of Patra, with 1/2 the excitement.

But your experience watching the game was repeated here as well.

Much like the rubbish football we played against Kazakhstan where we scored 2 goals in the last few minutes, I don't care how we play. I just want to see a result against Malta. I won't be watching the match so I don't care what they dish up. I just want to logon to UEFA.com and see a victory for us.

Otto has them playing the worst style of football on the planet. I saw a girls match on the weekend and they played a much more fluid style of play than the rubbish that Otto has drilled into them.

He is solely responsible for the crap that we've seen post Euro 04 and I'd be very curious to see what we do Wednesday.

The analogy that comes to mind when I think about the last 5 years with Otto is its like we were driving a mid 80s Yugo or Pinto and then he bought us a latest version Mercedes and for 2 years we went on drives with him and we were able to cruise through towns and have fun and the Mercedes was always envied and respected and handled and performed as a Merc should. It even won European Car of The Year for 2004.

But then Otto started making us change the front wheels with the back and only driving under 80 kms/h and insisting that the oil we have in the car was good enough before, so it shouldn't be changed even though our Mercedes was driving really bad and rough and 20 year old volvos would start overtaking us and giving us the bird when they drove past us.

My point is that the Mercedes is fine. But it just needs a full service and a change of driver.

You all know what I mean. I'm on my last warning anyway. I'm even trying to make some sense here. At least my spelling should be correct.

Btw DUDE (nee Ethnikistis) I'm coming to the shores of Grand Brittania at the end of the year kai tha se perimenw na me ekseperitisis! :tup:

I hate to admit this but after enduring heartbreak after heartbreak during the past 3 years I hope our NT looses today, and gets knocked out of the Euro 2008. That's the only way I can see for implementing the rizikes alages which are badly needed, starting from the coach and his helpers.

I am very appreciative of what they achieved in 2004 but life goes on. Professionals must stay in constant forma or else be tossed out to make room for the ones that do! That

I believe we will win this game 3-0 OR 4-1 only because we are playing Malta:gr:

The biggest problem i see with our National team is that the average age has approached the 30 mark and Rehagal is as blind as a bat :blink:

He refuses to bring young players like Tziolhs,Spiropoulos,Pappadopoulos(APHS)

etc etc..Instead exei kollhsei with Fyssas :tdown: Basinas :tdown: Ahristeas :tdown: and even Nikopolhdhs :tdown:

The truth is that Turkey outplayed us BUT we were playing with only 5 players on the park :o

Also I cannot understand why he keeps picking Anatolakhs/Goumas/Kapsis in the ssquad....all 3 players are finished :o

Rehagal wipe the tsibles from your face :LOL: :LOL:

C'mon let's not go to that extreme. We need to win to stay in the running and see what happens through the long haul.

The important thing is to learn from mistakes and for EPO to grow some big ones to force Otto to not only rejuventate the squad but also its tactics.

Turkey kept pushing us from deep inside our defense while we would only pick them up after they crossed the half-way line. We need to make Malta work harder to bring the ball up and force the mistake.

A quick goal is what we need and for Nikopolodis to be surehanded.

Hi Folks,

this game is a joke. It is not redemption. Greece should win it easily, otherwise qualification is forgotten, since I don't think that either Turkey or Norway will have any problem gaining the 3 points in Malta. Greece must win, only because everybody else who seriously contents for qualification will also win in Malta; simple as that.

Redemtion can only be through winning in turkey even with 0-1, I don't care how: with a fake penalty at the 95', or even with an offside goal; and I would happily settle with a victory with a handball if necessary!

And by the way, Otto handled/managed the defeat from Turkey very well so far; in that respect only I must admit his wisdom and fantastic response in criticism and in a very difficult time for our team and for him. Lets see if his wisdom of handling such defeats will prevail over his stuborness of using the same players again and again, although many have already failed him more than in several occasions.

The true game of interest is that between Turkey and Norway today, this should have been the topic of this thread. The best result for Greece would be a victory for Turkey, surely; but a defeat of Turkey will perplex things awfully in this group and we will then need to play real football to qualify. In that respect, I would welcome a victory for Norway today which would make things interesting. Any other result would still place Greece with a big advantage against Norway for second place (although I can also see a momentum of Bosnia here!) and a sure qualification as group winners for Turkey.

Cheers,

geok

Archived