Kyriakos

Fyssas

Katsouranis

Tsiolis

Karagounis

Salpigidis

Samaras

Gekas

The Giourkas injury is devastating,considering all other defenders minus Kyriakos STINK right now including bench Goumas Anatolakis Vyntra...how could Tavlaridis be left off. Stelios does not make my lineup because he is in awful form for the Ethniki and Bolton. If Tsiolis is a holding mid now is the time for him to play and push Katsouranis up as a more offensive threat, he pushed up once on Sat. and fed Stelios a beauty. He was held back to cover Dellas slow A$$. I believe Salpi has more to offer than Stelios right now NO DOUBT.

After this game I would love to see a friendly and see what Otto or the New manager puts out there.

Sifakis,Giourkas,Tavlaridis,Kyriakos,Darlas/Any other LB DUDE pleez list,Torosidis ,Patsa/Tsiolis (playing in front of the 2 Cent Def.),Katsouranis,Salpigidis,Gekas,Samaras

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STOP trying to fix holes.

Instead play your best players at their best positions. Torosidis has legs, lungs and a good knack for the game. Put him in Midfield.

Fyssas is done more than Nikopolidis is done. He cannot keep up anymore.

Seitaridis is still the man.

Bring in 2 fast young backs and let them play.

STOP trying to fix holes.

Instead play your best players at their best positions. Torosidis has legs, lungs and a good knack for the game. Put him in Midfield.

Fyssas is done more than Nikopolidis is done. He cannot keep up anymore.

Seitaridis is still the man.

Bring in 2 fast young backs and let them play.

I agree with you on Fyssas.

The reason he is done has more to do with him not playing regularly and not being in match condition than his age, but yes his age is a strong reason for him to be forcefully removed from the side unless he is dignified enough to retire NOW.

I disagree with you about Nikpolidis. His display was abysmal. I honestly believe that an investigation could be made if he really did throw the game. Every goal was his fault.

For those of you who think I am being harsh on him re the 4th goal, aside from some basic truths and rules to keeping (one of which Drakos mentioned re not punching the ball out to the top pf the square) another one is never getting beat on your near post.

Yes, he was sold out by the half interested defending of Giourka and Dellas, but he did nothing too pressue Karadeniz.

I disagree with you about Nikpolidis. His display was abysmal. I honestly believe that an investigation could be made if he really did throw the game. Every goal was his fault.

I too think something is fishy about his performance. What was the spread if Turkey wins by 3 goals?

Also He looked very shaky when the ball got passed back. He looked scared and lostthe whole game

I really want to see a front 3 of Salpi, Samaras, and Gekas for this game.

-----------------------------------------Halkias----------------------------------------------

Seitaridis------------------Goumas----------------------Kyriakos------------------Fyssas

-----------------------Torosidis---------Katsouranis--------Stelios------------------------

Salpingidis-------------------------------Samaras-----------------------------------Gekas

No need to explain the back 4, Fyssas needs to rebuild his confidence a.s.a.p. and should be given a chance now. The midfield is very attacking for a 3, but Torosidis can defend as can Katsouranis so hopefully Stelio can join the attack and cause problems. Katsouranis will have to be completely defensive throughout so we don't hit on the counter but the 3 could work. We know Salpi will harry and cause problems on the right and Gekas deserves a start. Samaras has earned his place with his performance against the Turks. If we see that we are getting exposed on the counter I'd bring on Basinas for Fyssas or Torosidis with Basinas going in to midfield.

Dude, you are turning romantic now :P

There is no way we can win with such thin midfield and with Salpi and Gekas on the wings.

There is no player that is eligible for the NT that can play wide full time. Also, with Stelios approaching 34 there is no one that can stretch the field right now.

These are positions for extreme skills and our league just doesn't produce such players. Our style of football (whether or not we have *a style* is another painful story) does not produce "skilled" players.

A 4-3-3 formation is suicidal for our NT with the current players (even counting those who are not called). Not only we don't have the wingers or midfielders, our fullbacks are not cutout for the extra demands such system puts on them.

This is what I think Otto is going to line up for the Malta game:

-----------------Nikopolidis------------------

Vintra-----Delas----Kyriakos----Fyssas

Torosidis---Basinas--Katsouranis--Karagounis

----------Samaras----Gekas----------------

And we are going to win by two :tup:

PS. Man, it's so much fun prediction Otto's lineup

These are the results of Malta's recent WC qualifiers:

September 4, 2004, Ta' Qali, Malta - Malta 0 - 7 Sweden

October 9, 2004, Ta' Qali, Malta - Malta 0 - 0 Iceland

October 13, 2004, Sofia, Bulgaria - Bulgaria 4 - 1 Malta

November 17, 2004, Ta' Qali, Malta - Malta 0 - 2 Hungary

March 30, 2005, Zagreb, Croatia - Croatia 3 - 0 Malta

June 4, 2005, Gothenburg, Sweden - Sweden 6 - 0 Malta

June 8, 2005, Reykjavík, Iceland - Iceland 4 - 1 Malta

September 3, 2005, Budapest, Hungary - Hungary 4 - 0 Malta

September 7, 2005, Ta' Qali, Malta - Malta 1 - 1 Croatia

October 12, 2005, Ta' Qali, Malta - Malta 1 - 1 Bulgaria

They finished bottom of their group with 3 home draws against (Croatia, Bulgaria, Iceland) they conceded 32 and scored 4.

In the current Euro 2008 campaign they have the following results:

Malta 2 - 5 Bosnia-Herzegovina

Turkey 2 - 0 Malta

Malta 2 - 1 Hungary

Moldova 1 - 1 Malta

Group C

Teams Pld W D L GF GA Pts

Turkey 4 4 0 0 12 1 12

Greece 4 3 0 1 7 4 9

Bosnia-Herzegovina 5 2 1 2 10 12 7

Norway 4 2 0 2 7 4 6

Malta 4 1 1 2 5 9 4

Hungary 4 1 0 3 5 8 3

Moldova 5 0 2 3 3 11 2

With the above results and taking into consideration we are horrible, I think if we escape from Valetta with a draw we would be lucky.

I agree that we have some serious issues on the wings. The only way we could play 4-3-3 succesfully, as things currently stand, would have to be with a fast paced striker in the center midfield, and a good striker up front in the center flanked by two good offensive midfielders; here is what I propose:

Patzatzoglou----Kyrgiakos----Dellas----Vyntra----

-------Torosidis-------Gekas-----Karagounis-------

Giannakopoulos------Samaras---------Katsouranis

I know this seems rather unorthodox, but in theory, we could use Gekas' speed and dribble ability up and down the center, and Katsouranis and Giann. on the wings up front who are good as offensive players and can control the ball enough to set up Samaras. In all I think this would make our left and right wings all across the wings solid, the only weakness would be the center...hey I tried! :)

Keeping the faith

Posted Image

Did anyone notice the Fake Macedonian Flag amongst the Turkish supporters:

Click the video highlights of the game

Nikopolidis allowed a bad goal recently against AEK and this shows he cant see anymore:

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?Ln=En&ID=1160

Did anyone notice the Fake Macedonian Flag amongst the Turkish supporters:

Yeah but did you see the Turkish fans??? :LOL: They'd just equalised and didnt even celebrate! After all the threats via Youtube like "we'll cut you dog throats" they sat there like arnia! Instead they came on here to run their mouths! :LOL: Don't worry the boys will be up for it and we'll get our revenge in Constantinoupoli :gr:

If we were to have a fresh, new looking 11ada in the ideal world I would have

-----------------------------Abaris? Chalikas? Kotsolis? Sifakis?--------------------------

Giourkas 25------------Kyriakos27---------------Tavlaridis 26--------Lagos 22----------

--------------------------------------Katsouranis 27---------------------------------------

Salpigidis 25-----------------------Karagounis-31--------------------------Torosidis 22

-----------------------------Samaras 22-----------------Gekkas 26------------------------

In a few years I would like to see Ninis,Iliadis and Pappas added into the mix they are great players. Soccer today is very physical and fast we cant afford to have a backline of guys who are plus 30 and slow as s%$#!.

Out

Dellas

Fyassas

Nikopolidis

Goumas

Anatolakis

Benched

Charisteas

Basinas

Stelios

------------------------------------Eleutheropoulos/Halkias--------------------------------

----------------------Seitaridis---------Kyriakos------------Tavlaridis---------------------

Torosidis------------Patsa-----------Basinas-----------Katsouranis-------Lagos/Castillo

---------------------------Salpi/Gekas----------------Samaras----------------------------

We could really do with Castillo, Epo the door has opened for you again, MAKE YOUR MOVE!![/color][/b]

That potential line-up you came up with (with the exception of Hakias) is for me about as good as we can expect with the players we have.

Dare I say it, that if we put this team out on the pitch we might actually start reversing our regressive style of football.

Otto has the players at his disposal but his complete stubborness means we will get the tried and failed formula that failed miserably at the Confed cup and finished 4th in a relatively weak group for the '06 WC.

On the bench I'd have the likes of:

Dim. Papadopoulos

karagounis

Dellas

Sifakis

Tziolis

Mantzios

I also agree that Castillo should be persuaded to become Greek.

Guys, we can dream all we like, the truth is that Otto will stick to his guns and his player selections. the same old chain gang will be dragged out with the possible exception of 1-2 players just to barely placate EPO.

I see a 0-0 game.

Dude I like Castillo on the left side, but what move should we make. The EPO made a play for him and he waivers thru 3 countries.He earns his keep and feeds his family in Greece, that should be more than enough to come and play for the Ethniki. If Castillo is given preferential treatment this will cause more chaos on a squad that is already falling apart at the seams.

I like your lineup does Tavlaridis have the speed to cover the left side , I believe he is a classico Central Defender ala Kyriakos.

My Future lineup:

Sifakis

Giourkas.........................Tavlaridis.............Kyraikos.......................Darlas

Tziolis

Torosidis..................................................Lagos

Katsouranis

Gekas ..........................................Samaras

Why not play a 4-4-2, play the Mids in the Diamond that way you always have one Holding, one Offensive, and 2 young BULLS charging up and down the sideline who can also defend when our 2 FULLBACKS overlap. Imagine that playing the game of Soccer with SPEED. I am not well schooled with the Youth at Leftback can Darlas be this player?????? who arer the other options

My mistake, must've misread it then :). Anyway it's "fun" to look at but doesn't tell us anything for the upcoming game. My bet is Greece wins this one by a small margin (but it's the result that counts at the end of the day). 1-0 would be my guess.

My mistake, must've misread it then :). Anyway it's "fun" to look at but doesn't tell us anything for the upcoming game. My bet is Greece wins this one by a small margin (but it's the result that counts at the end of the day). 1-0 would be my guess.

Yep! At these stages it's all about the overall points...

"Can we get the 3 or even the 1?"

The same as the Turkey Norway game.... They are both going to be going for the point(s)

King Otto had a chance v. Malta to try a shape for the future. Sifakis in goal and Gekas as the hitman could have been his choices but apparently that will not be. At least 45 minutes of football for Tavlaridis - in place of Seitaridis - was also an option.

This was the game we could have made changes without risking our qualification... :(

Archived