Phantis Forums

summer transfers

8ypa7

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why has he left germany to play in greece ? most leave greece to play in germany. i hope he plays regularly its a great signing for oly he's scored loads for the u19s

He'll get more noticed playing for Olympiakos(like Toure) than playing for a 2nd division team in Germany.

why has he left germany to play in greece ? most leave greece to play in germany. i hope he plays regularly its a great signing for oly he's scored loads for the u19s

Mate the Greek league isnt as bad as you seem to think! Gekas has taken the Bundesliga by storm, Aloneftis has been receiving rave reviews in pre-season, etc. I remember you were saying that you thought Wolves were better than PAOK not long ago, that really isnt the case. You should watch the Greek league a bit more you'd realise that its better than you think. Mitroglou is one for the future, he couldnt dream of getting into the team ahead of Castillo & Konstantinou now.

I dont believe that would happen because Castillo would not like playing for a "small" club as Manchester City.If it was the other team then different story....

OK I know that this sounds crazy but the MLS are talking w/ Jay Jay Okocha... He would be a great add-on for our team.

Believe it or not (MLS and the other clubs outside of LA GALAXY) don't have the gigantic budgets... Okocha would be such a damn good aquisition.

OK I know that this sounds crazy but the MLS are talking w/ Jay Jay Okocha... He would be a great add-on for our team.

Believe it or not (MLS and the other clubs outside of LA GALAXY) don't have the gigantic budgets... Okocha would be such a damn good aquisition.

He's not good enough anymore! He wouldnt offer anything! I do agree however that the MLS has some talent which can be tapped into. I was watching Houston the other day against Chicago Fire, and Houston's Jaqua and Ngwenya looked brilliant. Jaqua is a big target man with excellent feet (kind of like a stronger Peter Crouch) and Ngwenya looked very tricky. De Rosario also seemed creative, although I'm not sure he could offer much more than what we already have, but he'd be worth a trial. There's cheap talent all over the world, we just need some decent scouts.

http://sports.phantis.com/soccer/news/read...=20070718153956

Liverpool & Australia Star Harry Kewell Linked To Transfer To Greek Champions Olympiakos

Is Kokkali intent on sending this team 50 steps backwards or what?? KEWELL IS s%$#!!!!!
olympiakos will not sign kewell. kewell is quality and far too good for the greek league and he will not be leaving liverpool this summer this is a non story. its ashame we can't attract these sort of players to greece

Liverpool & Australia Star Harry Kewell Linked To Transfer To Greek Champions Olympiakos

Is Kokkali intent on sending this team 50 steps backwards or what?? KEWELL IS s%$#!!!!!
olympiakos will not sign kewell. kewell is quality and far too good for the greek league and he will not be leaving liverpool this summer this is a non story. its ashame we can't attract these sort of players to greece
:blink: If everybody is fully fit Harry Kewell would not get into Olympiakos' starting 11!

Olympiakos' latest signing Cristian Raul Ledesma.

Cristian Raul Ledesma is a defensive midfeilder who played for San Lorenzo who are the Argentinian Champions.

Here's his profile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristian_Ra%C...%C3%BAl_Ledesma

Here's 2 videos of Ledesma, 1 of them he is doing brilliant defending and stoping

other players scoring, the seconed video is a clip of him doing a remarkable goal.

I personally think that Ivic has brang you another great player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM2hh9ibzNM...%2E188344%2Easp

:blink: If everybody is fully fit Harry Kewell would not get into Olympiakos' starting 11!
no you're quite right dude a european cup winner whose played in the premiership for 10 years and is still only 28 and a full international would not get in the olympiakos starting line up.

Cristian Raul Ledesma is a joke. I mean jus look at his profile he's played on 10 teams in 10 years.hes never played on the same team for more than a season.So hell just suck at olympiakos and go somewhere else next year and suck and he will keep his streak alive and never play 2 seasons on the same team.great signing :tup: :tup:

:LOL:

Cristian Raul Ledesma is a joke. I mean jus look at his profile he's played on 10 teams in 10 years.hes never played on the same team for more than a season.So hell just suck at olympiakos and go somewhere else next year and suck and he will keep his streak alive and never play 2 seasons on the same team.great signing :tup: :tup:

:LOL:

Ti 11ada ine afti re file pou exis apo kato....

YIKES! Me tetia onomata tipota den tha kanete

no you're quite right dude a european cup winner whose played in the premiership for 10 years and is still only 28 and a full international would not get in the olympiakos starting line up.
You either overrate the English league or underrate the Greek league. Kewell has had numerous BIG injuries over the years and isnt half the player he was when at Leeds. Remember his performance for Liverpool against Olympiakos at the Karaiskak? Pantos was marking him out of the game and Okkas was terrorising him every time he got the ball. And that was 3 years ago!!! Now he's even worse! He plays left-wing/forward and would not get in ahead of Djole, Castillo, or Nunez.

The latest name linked with us is Juan Pablo Sorin, who is a MILLION times better than Kewell.

You either overrate the English league or underrate the Greek league. Kewell has had numerous BIG injuries over the years and isnt half the player he was when at Leeds. Remember his performance for Liverpool against Olympiakos at the Karaiskak? Pantos was marking him out of the game and Okkas was terrorising him every time he got the ball. And that was 3 years ago!!! Now he's even worse! He plays left-wing/forward and would not get in ahead of Djole, Castillo, or Nunez.

The latest name linked with us is Juan Pablo Sorin, who is a MILLION times better than Kewell.

you base your judgement on 1 game ? if kewell stays fit this season he'll be an important player for liverpool. olympiakos could not get such a player. the best players in the world play in england and spain those leagues are miles ahead of our league. hopefully football improves in greece but when an average premiership team like man city are able to persuade castillo to leave the greek champions for them it does say something for the greek league.

I HOPE I'M WRONG AND CASTILLO STAYS

you base your judgement on 1 game ? if kewell stays fit this season he'll be an important player for liverpool. olympiakos could not get such a player. the best players in the world play in england and spain those leagues are miles ahead of our league. hopefully football improves in greece but when an average premiership team like man city are able to persuade castillo to leave the greek champions for them it does say something for the greek league.

I HOPE I'M WRONG AND CASTILLO STAYS

Actually Castillo has made a statement that he's staying, because he hasnt been seduced by Man City. He'll probably leave but for other reasons. The Prem is obviously a more prestigious league and with that comes more money! Much like players leaving huge clubs like Boca Juniors to go to average Spanish teams like Villareal ;)

I'm not basing my judgement on one game, Kewell has been poor for some time now, at least 3 years! He's always injured, and when he does play he offers nothing! You make out as if the Greek league hasnt attracted players of Kewell's calibre! Rivaldo, Zahovic, Giovanni, Ze Elias, & Zetterberg have all played for Olympiakos in recent years, and Kewell isnt worthy of shining their boots.

The Greek league is stronger than you think. Giannakopoulos took the Premiership by storm, and Dabizas was considered one of the best defenders in the Prem in his first 2 seasons in England. Gekas finished top scorer in the Bundesliga last year and Kyriakos is widely regarded as being one of the best defenders in Germany (a recent poll in Germany suggested he's one of the top defenders in Europe at the moment!). Seitaridis is at a v. good spanish club and Basinas was hailed in his first season at Mallorca. Now lets look at the antithesis...

Biscan was also a Champions League winner and fringe player at Liverpool, JUST LIKE KEWELL, and what a flop he's been at PAO. Flavio Conceicao didnt last a 6 months and Dani offered nothing at Oly. Just beacuse you come from a more prestigious league doesnt mean anything. Kewell would not get into Olympiakos' starting 11, I guarantee that!

You should watch football outside England mate & dont believe the BS the British commentators try to sell you.

Archived