Phantis Forums

summer transfers

8ypa7

The team still needs another very fast and skillful attacker (preferably left footed).

A left mid fielder is not needed as much as I believe that Jorjevic can still do it there for a couple more years.

A central defender is sorely needed, but the position that olympiakos will suffer the most is at center mid where there is no one that can organize the play.

None.

Watching the friendly games you had to shake your head at the site of OSFP having the ball in midfield and all 4 mid fielders congregating around each other within 20 feet of each other, like little kids.This is where the big money (6-9 mil) needs to be spend.

There is a player that might bring some additional money to the team if sold,and that is Stoltidis.Maybe we can find someone stupid enough in Greece to take him now before he retires.

He can defend well but as soon as he gets the ball (which he can not do against good champions league teams) ,both teams need to stop for 5-10 seconds until he xeberdevi ta mpoutia tou and gets the ball where he can handle it to pass.Then he has to lift his freaking head and figure out where everybody is.Pathetic!

There is a reason king Otto never wanted him;he sucks.He is only good against colopetinitsa and thats about it.

Maybe we can find someone stupid enough in Greece to take him now before he retires.

Lendesma and Toro can handle the middle(Torosidis I believe will get alot better there, plus he has the wheels), but they need someone organize the play.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1)The team still needs another very fast and skillful attacker (preferably left footed).

A left mid fielder is not needed as much as I believe that Djole can still do it there for a couple more years.

2) There is a player that might bring some additional money to the team if sold,and that is Stoltidis.Maybe we can find someone stupid enough in Greece to take him now before he retires.

There is a reason king Otto never wanted him;he sucks.He is only good against colopetinitsa and thats about it.

1)Djole is 35 years old and even if he still wants and can do most of the work in our left side you will need someone to help when injuries or fatigue comes.Also Lemonis was thinking of using him more as a center midfield and organize the game with Galetti.

2)Stoltidis was,is and will be one of the most valuable players on our team.For most of his years with Osfp he has been a defensive center block that covers most of our holes from other players marking the opponent with there eyes.If he was getting payed by miles runned on the field he would be a billionaire.The only reason Otto has not and propably never will call him is because he is stuck and in love with some players and teams when it comes to NT invitations but thats another story.

1)The team  still needs another very fast and skillful attacker (preferably left footed).

A left mid fielder is not needed as much as I believe that Djole can still do it there for a couple more years.

2) There is a player that might bring some additional money to the team if sold,and that is Stoltidis.Maybe we can find someone stupid enough in Greece to take him now before he retires.

1)Djole is 35 years old and even if he still wants and can do most of the work in our left side you will need someone to help when injuries or fatigue comes.Also Lemonis was thinking of using him more as a center midfield and organize the game with Galetti.

2)Stoltidis was,is and will be one of the most valuable players on our team.For most of his years with Osfp he has been a defensive center block that covers most of our holes from other players marking the opponent with there eyes.If he was getting payed by miles runned on the field he would be a billionaire.The only reason Otto has not and propably never will call him is because he is stuck and in love with some players and teams when it comes to NT invitations but thats another story.

If Djole is used in Centre-mid we have to play 5 midfielders otherwise we'll get arse-raped!

I have to say that the signing of Lua Lua is impressive. I am looking forward to Olympiakos doing a lot better in Europe for once because the team now has a "Champions League" look: Bravo, Galleti, Kovacevic, Lua Lua etc. Even without Rivaldo and Castillo, there can be no excuses this time if Olympiakos cannot acquit itself well in the Champion League this year!

galetti? Kovacevic? Bravo? what do they have to do with a Cahmpions League look.They have Zero experience when it comes to the Champions league. the way i see it, u take away the two best players on the team and u replace them with potential talent. This year might be long and hard in europe in my opinion.

They have better experience than Tavlaridis,Pappas,Bulut,Babagida and the rest.They have been playing in a lot better championships and against better teams all year long.

Antonios Nikopolidis

Tomislav Butina

Leonidas Panagopoulos

Michalis Sifakis

Christos Patsatzoglou

Didier Domi

Michal Zewlakow

Raúl Bravo

Anastasios Pantos

Vassilios Torosidis

Júlio César

Paraskevas Antzas

Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Ieroklis Stoltidis

Cristian Raúl Ledesma

Luciano Martín Galletti

Predrag Djordjevic

Marco Né

Konstantinos Mendrinos

Giannoulis Fakinos

Lefteris Matsoukas

Darko Kovacevic

Leonel Jorge Nuñez

Konstantinos Mitroglou

Michalis Konstantinou

Lomana Tresor Lualua

i just wonder how we will play. there are a lot of players i don't see getting any time at all, like papadopoulos, matsoukas, panagopoulos, mendrinos, ne and mitroglou.

if we play the 4-4-2 it will most likely look like this:

------------------------------------------nikopolidis------------------------------------------

zewlakow-----------------antzas-------------------------cesar-----------------------bravo

galletti-------------------ledesma-----------------------stoltidis-----------------------djole

-------------------------konstantinou--------------------lua lua-----------------------------

to the positions:

gk: nikopolidis will surely start, but according to sifakis developement i could imagine, that there will be a tough fight for that position

rb: zewlakow seems to be number one on that position, but i would also like to see toro taking that spot.

cb: atm antzas and cesar have grabbed that spot. if we get another cb there will be a fight for that position too, with papadopoulos and patsa being able to cover the position too.

lb: no way that domi is going to start over bravo. if he stays healthy i think we finally got quite a good player for that position.

rm: galletti for sure. maybe toro as a sub.

cm: ledesma is starting for sure most probably together with stoltidis. patsa and toro have a chance to play there too. ne won't get any time to show his "talent" this season.

lm: djole is still the favourite to grab that spot, since he is the only one we have there. but with getting a player for that position he might have to fight for it too.

at: konstantinou, nunez, lua lua and kovacevic will have a huge fight for that position. if nunez continues his performances and if lua lua is really that goo, i could imagine that konstantinou and kova will warm the bench and mitroglou will supply them with towels and water...

conclusion: in general i think we have made some good additions to the team. what is missing is a player who is able to organise our game in midfield, allthough djole and galletti are ablo to come in from the flanks to help out. our defense and offense look better and deeper than in past years, but our midfield is missing some players.

if lemonis will manage to form a team out of them, i think we are ready to make some surprises...

Latest transfer rumour is Lille's defender Mario Yepes. ABOUT ###### TIME!!! Very good defender, GET HIM!!!

Also, Sportime is reporting that Lua Lua who we were interested in is going to Celtic, real shame, he'd have been a fantastic signing!

got your wish mate, it looks like lua lua is coming to play for you

According to Sportaction, Bolton is willing to release Stelara and Diouf since they are not in the teams plans for this year with out any compensation:

http://www.sportaction.gr/document.php?cat...cument_id=76502

Bring him back,please bring him back, even as a backup bring him back. :rolleyes:

neither player will leave bolton this summer. pure speculation. there's no way bolton will let them go without a transfer fee

Rodriguez transfer will not happen today as was expected since there seems to a problem with PSG and his 2 managers:

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=56707

More valuable time is being wasted and we are not going to have a complete roster fot the beggining of the season. :tdown:

Will the signing still definitely go ahead though?
My friend with Offp this summer nothing is definitely.From reading between the lines, PSG has missed some payments for the transfer of the player from Peniarol to there club but it might be another story so the player can get another offer from another club since he is afraid that coming to greece will make him lose his place in his NT.Translation Axtarma

Ledesma came to olympiakos and got picked to play for Argentina. Rodrigez if he comes and plays well for us will get picked for his national side. So what he is saying he doesnt wanna come due to him losing his place in the national side is i think its crap. I think he wants to play in a better league.

Archived