Phantis Forums

summer transfers

8ypa7

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://sports.phantis.com/soccer/news/read...D=2007062490243

he Nunoz kid u got is very promising his like another castillo...

also ur linked with geletti and coloccini which i dnt think u can get either of em...

Nunez is a done deal according to all accounts, but someone must think that the Galletti transfer is a cetainty as they have already updated (prematurely?) the wikipedia link with Olympiakos as his new club :tup:

Galletti profile on wikipedia.org

Hopefully this is definite and not someone's wishful thinking or else it will be hard to take losing another potential target of this calbire.

Anyway, Nunez looks very promising.

Now let's get some decent midfielders and a defender. Coloccini perhaps?

according to the greek newspapers the galetti deal is done. like the rommedahl deal, vieri, ronaldo, roberto carlos and all the others. i will believe it when it is officially announced.

so our transfers look like this so far:

nunez

wow! and as it seems antzas and mitroglou (mr-i-am-better-than-podolski :LOL: ) will come too.

ivic will bring in some more foreign players, ok nice, but i don't know what our team will look like with all these foreign players. i'd rather see us get some greek players too. i don't want our team to become another chelsea, having more foreigners than local players...

according to the greek newspapers the galetti deal is done. like the rommedahl deal, vieri, ronaldo, roberto carlos and all the others. i will believe it when it is officially announced.

so our transfers look like this so far:

nunez

wow! and as it seems antzas and mitroglou (mr-i-am-better-than-podolski :LOL: ) will come too.

ivic will bring in some more foreign players, ok nice, but i don't know what our team will look like with all these foreign players. i'd rather see us get some greek players too. i don't want our team to become another chelsea, having more foreigners than local players...

I agree with your sentiment that Greek players should comprise the majority of the team. As an AEK fan I'm excited about the players and the new season but I'm not happy at all with the fact that we have more foreign players than before. It makes it difficult to communicate and gel as a team. Time will tell....

I agree with both of you guys about our teams not having many greek players on the roster but you can not blame management only.When the big clubs are trying to get a talent from any middle or small greek team the amount asked to pay is some times ridicilus.Example Panionios and Spyropoulos asking 2.5mil plus 2 players or something like it.He is a good player and all but he is not Roberto Carlos or Maldini.I know that many teams dont have the budgets that OSFP-AEK-PAO have but trying to cover your whole year expences from one transfer is kind of crazy.

On another note i am suprised that Ivic in 2 weeks managed to make a transfer and working on 2 more while before for almost 2 months nothing had happen. :huh:

I think I disagree with you.

Priority one is to build a team that plays good football and is worth watching.

Obviously getting players that fit a club's mentality is important as well but you can achieve that with greek or foreign players.

The only advantage of greeks is that they know already what a club like Olympiakos or AEK is about; foreign players may need a bit of time to adapt.

Galletti is awsome player.. good choice! its one of my fav players in spain.. cant believe he went to olympiako..

Ok I just want to throw this out to everyone...

Sorentino for AEK is wanting to leave them for a while now...

Wouldn't he be a great pickup for Olympiacos? Nikopolidis doesn't have that many more years in front of him and Sorentino did a good jiob for them last year...

What do you all think???

I noticed CH-Thrylos sarcastically quote him as saying he is better than Podolski. Did he really go on the record with that quote? Or did the Greek media make this claim?

as far as i know he once said that to the german media. a year or two ago.

i read a bit about him in some forums of borussia mönchengladbach. some of their members say they don't want him to leave because he is a very talented player, others say that he is good against players in his age, but hasn't achieved much against older players... so honestly i don't really care if we get him or not...i'd rather see us spending some money to get spyropoulos and christodoulopoulos...

Ok I just want to throw this out to everyone...

Sorentino for AEK is wanting to leave them for a while now...

Wouldn't he be a great pickup for Olympiacos? Nikopolidis doesn't have that many more years in front of him and Sorentino did a good jiob for them last year...

What do you all think???

Sorentino wants to leave AEK because he wants to go back to Italy for family problems not because he don't want to play for AEK. So no he will not play for Oly Evalagoal. You have Nikopolidis!! :D

as far as i know he once said that to the german media. a year or two ago.

i read a bit about him in some forums of borussia mönchengladbach. some of their members say they don't want him to leave because he is a very talented player, others say that he is good against players in his age, but hasn't achieved much against older players... so honestly i don't really care if we get him or not...i'd rather see us spending some money to get spyropoulos and christodoulopoulos...

Ok thanks phile.

He may turn out a talent or another could-have-been-star, like Lambros Choutos.

As long as he is given a chance to show what he is capable of and he doesn't turn into another Harry Pappas and suffer the same fate of having 2 managers not think much of him.

Archived