Jump to content
Phantis Forums

PaokCT

Members
  • Posts

    2,523
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    61

Everything posted by PaokCT

  1. The Homegrown Player Rule is a rule for UEFAcompetitions that was first introduced in 2006–07 season and fully enforced beginning in the 2008–09 season. On top of a maximum 25 players for List A, clubs had to designate a minimum 8 players that were trained by clubs from the same national league, with 4 of them being from the club's own youth system.[1] The rule in turn capped a maximum of 17 foreigners for the club in UEFA competitions.
  2. We need certain # of Greek homegrown players for Champions League registration. I think that's why we are in talks with these players. I wouldn't mind having backups who are Greek, but I don't see us buying any starter quality Greeks besides Pelkas. I would take Tzolis back, as his team did not qualify for Bundesliga. Even someone like Giannoulis to split time w/ Baba
  3. Konstantelias is out of the friendlies as he sustained an injury vs Aris
  4. We are automatically the top ranked team during the 2nd & 3rd Qualifying Round should we qualify. We would be the third highest seeded team for the Playoff rounds. The only team that I think we won't be favorites against will be Galatasaray
  5. This summer can turn our team into one to contend for Champions League and Superleague titles for years to come. I think one reason why a lot of us were upset during the past few summer windows is there was no clear path. We were frugal when it came to transfers. With our young talent, the $ we will get by offloading players, and the $ from UCL there is NO reason why we can't bring in 4-5 players who will immediately be top 10% in the league. If we do that, we can have a run like Olympiakos did where the league is ours for the foreseeable future. I think we need a top level international CB. Look at years past, we have had Varela, Ingasson, Vitor (Israel), Malezas, Ricardo Costa, etc... who have all played international tournaments. I assume we will lose Koulierakis. And Michailidis didn't look solid enough for a UCL starter yesterday. I would try and keep Kedziora, but if he goes we will need 2. For CM, looks like Misic is coming. I think if we have a group of Misic, Meite, Ozdoev, Tsiggaras, Schwab that is enough. Obviously we need a proper striker. A true CF who can score anytime they touch the ball. Brandon will be a good backup. Loan out or release Samatta and have Tzimas as the 3rd option. Lastly, I would get one more winger. A true speed merchant who can dominate lesser opponents in the SL. I would even take a flier and sign someone 18-20 who will be cheaper but perhaps we can mold him into a Konstantelias type player.
  6. We will be seeded probably throughout the qualifying rounds
  7. And who here wanted Lucescu gone!?
  8. Aris getting some good chances now. Gotta weather this storm
  9. Beautiful move by Konstantelias to get open
  10. Aris came out on fire this half. Completely dominating play
  11. Beautiful goal by Aris 1-1
  12. Gotta take out Michalidis this half. Aris will start diving around him
  13. Need one more. My heart can’t take a 90th min flurry by Aris
  14. IF we go up 2-0 I can see Aris resting players preparing for the cup final
  15. 27 min in ; no real chances so far. AEK is winning
  16. Lotta nerves still. 15 min 0-0
  17. How the hell is that a yellow card
  18. Let’s goooo! Kickoff in 5 min
  19. Hey @pash @paokarag4 I’m already a few whiskeys in! PAOK gonna roll 4-0. Hat trick Samatta and a PK by Kotarski in 92nd
  20. 14 mil for Koulierakis < 15 mil for Konstantelias 5-7 mil for Kotarski Plus the $ from UCL if we qualify, and we should have easily 30 mil to spend on players. We could completely retool not only our senior team, but bring in some young players who can make an impact in 2-3 seasons
  21. More questions are who leaves? Baba Konstantelias Zivkovic Koulierakis Kotarski If we win the league and make the qualifying rounds, I can see us keeping some of them until the end of the window
  22. I was thinking about this today. For the fans and management, yes. But the rental players, for the non Greeks or players who aren’t familiar too much with the rivalry, I guarantee you they’d rather be cup champions. It’s another thing to put on their resume for when they leave
  23. Wow it’s gonna come down to the last game
×
×
  • Create New...