Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Ellada2004

Members
  • Posts

    3,488
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    82

Everything posted by Ellada2004

  1. Fortounis is back in the starting 11 I hope he has a big game and Greece dominate these guys. Go ELLAS!!
  2. Greece were missing Fortounis in this match more than anything else he has that quality to have opened up Slovenia. Also our free kicks lacked delivery another area were he would have made a difference. As I said I just hope we can beat Kosovo in convincing fashion.
  3. Yes that pretty much sums it. We were controlling the game for large stretches. The commentator said Slovenia didn’t get out of there own half with the ball for almost 15 minutes to start the second half. Greece had a few chances to win the match Pavlidis stubbed at his shot. We are missing a dominant centre forward like a Mitroglou was in his prime and I hope Fountas can be that guy. I’m not so sure if Pavlidis will get there and Koulouris doesn’t have it in him from what I’ve seen so far.
  4. Pretty good lineup. I just want Fortounis starting definitely our most skilled player. Also Tsimikas should be in the starting 11.
  5. What? 4-0!
  6. I agree the lineup could be better we will see. Stafy at CB is a bit perplexing and personally I want to see Fortounis starting. I just hope the team can pick up where they left off last November. Go ELLAS!
  7. Greece have to go to Slovenia and get a win it won’t be easy but they don’t have there star striker Ilicic who abruptly retired from football. I hope we can go to Kosovo and take those guys apart especially after some Albanian thugs burned our flag after the Apoel win in the Europa qualifier match vs Gijliani. I watched them in Euro qualifiers and were not bad in attack but in the back they look vulnerable.
  8. Exactly. Our play under JVS has improved with faster ball movement leading to great attacking play and pressing high to win the ball back. With Sokratis and Manolas the team looked sluggish and the poor attitude they brought during the Italy match then turned into a complete debacle in the loss at home to Armenia. I don’t think JVS will bring back Sokratis, as for Manolas maybe he takes a chance on him he’s still young and is a world class defender as long as he just shows up and plays the game he can definitely help us. We shall see. overall I see the team is moving forward with a great vision and energy that JVS has brought in.
  9. Greece definitely need to top this group as I said just to have a playoff option in our pocket should we need it. Also Slovenia, Moldova and Kosovo are nothing compared to the countries that we could possibly face in World Cup qualification. Let’s hope we top the group with ease and play well as was the case in the final euro qualifiers.
  10. For the last campaign I said we should have him but now I don’t think he fits in especially with JVS shift to playing more of the younger guys.
  11. I believe it gets us into a playoff bracket where 3 teams will qualify for the World Cup along with the 10 group winners. Greece needs to top this group and have that playoff option and we need to start moving up the FIFA rankings.
  12. Wow just read it Tsimikas to Liverpool. He will fit in well in Klopps system.
  13. Olympiakos got robbed by the polish ref on a number of key decisions. That said they had good opportunities to score one goal but Patricio made some nice saves. Wolves were very poor in both legs but are going through were I expect Sevilla to man handle them.
  14. According to Galanolefko.gr Greece are to play two friendly matches October 7 in Austria and November 11 vs Cyprus in Greece with the venue to be determined. I can’t wait to see the NT again and I hope they keep up the good run of results.
  15. Fountas scored again for Rapid Wien in a 3-1 over Lask today. Hopefully JVS includes him in the NT squad for the upcoming Nations league.
  16. So far JVS has done a good job even though it’s a small sample size. He has the NT playing attractive attacking football and getting results in the process. Even in Italy the team played well and defensively held Italy to no shots on target for the 1st half and we were not lucky to go ahead after Koulouris missed a sitter. I am eager to see how he does vs a top quality side in World Cup qualifying. I think he will recall Manolas out of necessity to help the backline.
  17. Nice to hear some Ethniki talk during this frustrating time. I was really looking forward to the friendly game vs Holland that would have been a tough test. I agree with the points regarding Staf, I appreciate his service but we have better options available. I am curious to see if JVS will bring Sokratis and Manolas back. I think he leaves Sokratis out but Manolas could get back in especially if we have to go up a top class side like Belgium in World Cup qualifying. Anyone know when they will conduct the World Cup qualification draw since the Euros are next year.
  18. I think Greece will top the group and should easily. Slovenia are on a downward spiral, Kosovo will be up for us but they are beatable especially at the back. Moldova are a horrible side but these are the type of teams that we struggle to put away. I think JVS will have the team focused and hopefully the Ethniki good run of results continues.
  19. Hopefully it’s GREECE Skops Luxembourg Moldova Greece definitely need to win any group we are drawn into as this tournament gives a chance for 2022 World Cup playoff.
  20. OLY gets Wolverhampton and a chance to boot out another English team. Rangers would have been the easiest draw. I am happy they avoided Inter and Sevilla. Go Olympiakos!
  21. Typical English running there mouths! How long since England won at the international level lol. Anyways so happy Olympiacos are progressing and that Arsenal are EXO!
  22. Been awhile since I posted but I think Manolas is still useful for the NT as his speed and challenges makes him difficult to play against. As for Sokratis his last game ironically vs Olympiakos was the best I have seen him play in quite sometime. He was asked by Greek reporters after the match if he would want back in to the NT. He didn’t rule out a return and said the NT needs calm now and acknowledge JVS has done a great job since he has taken over. I love what Sokratis has given to the NT over the years from watching him frustrate Messi in the 2010 World Cup and then fast forward to the 2014 World Cup when he scored the dramatic equalizer vs CR. I just have a hard time getting over how he went after the last coach and how his actions basically costed Greece a vital three points vs Armenia and thus ruined our euro qualification.
  23. Bring on the Mexicans!
  24. Right on about the level competition for the friendly games, the EPO should have scheduled matches vs countries of higher pedigree. As for the tournament it's good to get games in but it's going to suck watching Euro's and Greece are not there..
  25. I hope OLY destroy arsenal I hate that club more than all the teams in the Egleso league. Arsenal are garbage ATM. Let's see how Sokratis performs, for me he should have gone to LA LIGA or Serie A as his play has gone downhill since signing at Arsenal.
×
×
  • Create New...