Jump to content
Phantis Forums

paokarag4

Members
  • Posts

    2,410
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    126

Everything posted by paokarag4

  1. it was kourmbeli just ran into a wall of 3 Finnish players. He hasn't looked confident on the ball in the first 10mins
  2. That chance is a good example of what can be provided when Mantalos, Pelkas and fortounis are in the same XI they can all play with the ball at their feet and are clever in the final 3rd. Obviously not being natural wide players is the downside. Mitro maybe should've done better with the early chance but on his opposite foot was always going to be difficult
  3. The tie-breaking criteria for all Uefa competitions the Nations league included is the head to head record. So us beating Finland 3-0 would give us a better head to head record and if we were to draw level with them on points on the last match day we would come first based on that record. If we were to beat them 2-0 it would get a little complicated. Basically it would come down to goal difference because we would be tied in all other tiebreaking criteria's. Which are Superior goal difference in matches played among the teams in question; Higher number of goals scored in the matches played among the teams in question; Higher number of goals scored away from home in the matches played among the teams in question;
  4. For anyone interested Novasports are going stream Anastasiadis first press conference. It starts in about 25 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MTt8bX8izc
  5. Given as an own goal, it did look like one not that it matters
  6. Atromitos with 2 goals in the 88th min and right on the 90 (Kolouris) have beaten AEK 0-2. A Draw would have been a great result for us but if we can take care of business tonight we'll be 9 points clear of AEK. Is Atromitos the real deal? Are they a serious contender? I think we all kind of expect them to drop off at some point like they did last season but they are a very well run club with a very good manager. After the international break they host Olympiakos, will be a huge game.
  7. Starting XI -------------Pasxalakis Kitsiou-----Varela---Crespo---Tosca --------------Canas--------Shkahov Limnios------Pelkas--------------Biseswar ---------------Prijo Bench: Rey, Khacheridi, Wernbloom, Maurico, Jaba, El Kaddouri and Akpom Not thrilled with Shakhov getting the start but I guess Maurico coming back from his injury was never going to start. That bench is on some good $$$
  8. Looks like Kitsiou will get his shot at redemption as he's been included in the squad. Karelis, Warda and Malezas left out. Ρέι , Πασχαλάκη , Τόσκα , Κίτσιου , Βαρέλα , Κρέσπο , Χατσερίδη ,Μαουρίσιο , Σάκχοφ , Βέρνμπλουμ , Κάνιας , Μπίσεσβαρ , Πέλκα , ΕλΚαντουρί , Ζαμπά , Λημνιό , Πρίγιοβιτς και Ακπόμ .
  9. Interested to see how the senior players in the squad respond to Angelos as manager. He is a very polarising person, I feel they'll either love him or hate him no in between. Hopefully it's the former and we can end the nations league on a high and go into Euro 2020 qualifying with a full head of steam.
  10. I was thinking the same about Lucescu's lack of European experience. But as you say we played well in the CL qualifiers but playing these sort of teams is different all together compared with your Basel's, Spartak's etc. Teams you can sit back and counter against, Vidi we had to go and break down and for whatever reason we couldn't do it over 2 games. Hell we didn't create a clear cut chance over 180 minutes.
  11. Big blow with no Vieirinha, we saw in the home game against Vidi Tosca just doesn't cut it as an attacking full back. If we get the first goal i think we'll be okay. If we concede first it'll be another tough night of trying to break down a stubborn defence. Might be worth considering starting Warda down the left to compensate for Tosca's lack of attacking ability, although I doubt that'll happen
  12. I'd say Lucescu will go with Crespo as a full back. I'll be shocked if after not even including Kitsiou in squads he gives him a start. Crespo and Tosca at full back for this game yiankos said
  13. Looks like Paschalakis picked up a knock vs Atromitos and he is 50-50 at this early stage to be fit for Thursday. Could be Rey's time to come in and do a job for us in a very important game.
  14. Bit harsh on Mitro I feel re banana. He had a great 2 seasons at Benfica where he was scoring for fun. I know a few of their fans were scratching their head when he was sold to Marseille at the start of last season. Hasn't had the best time at Marseille though for the last 18 months. It's one of those things he isn't in great form but due to a lack of good players around him who else would start. Kolouris is the top scorer in the league but you and I both know he probably isn't at the level for PAOK let alone the NT. Maybe it's worth rewarding the good form though?
  15. Holy s%$#! crazy last few mins. nice to see both teams open and going for the win, it was end to end stuff in stoppage time. A draw is a fair result, disappointing we couldn't get the win. We weren't at our best. Onto the big game with Vidi
  16. Akpom must've teased Lucescu about his scarf, poor guy can't buy any minuets even when we're chasing a goal
  17. We are lacking in the final 3rd. Biseswar isn't having his best game so far, Jaba is getting into good spots and beating his defender but just hasn't been able to put in a killer ball yet. Combine that with a lot of fouls being given it's breaking up our rhythm and not allowing any flow. Still managed to get the goal we needed, hopefully a few more gaps will appear in Atromitos defence now that they'll have to chase an equaliser
  18. GOAL!! 1-0 CRESPO! Varela rolls two players and sets up the goal, it seems keeping clean sheets isn't enough for these 2
  19. LOL 2 and a half minutes in and El Kaddouri is wrongfully given offside. I love Greek officials
  20. Right on the money @pash as always with the team news ------Pasxalakis Matos----Varela----Crespo----Vieirinha ------------Canas---------Wernbloom Jaba--------El Kaddouri----------Biseswar ----------------Prijovic Just realised ert will be streaming the game online, had a quick look and it seems to working fine. So I'm assuming they don't have it geo locked and it should be fine for us aussies to use it
  21. I agree greeksoccer.com was awesome. Lots of fans of all the big teams. Good knowledgable posters on the NT boards. I personally don't recall it getting to toxic, I may have been oblivious. I just remember going to log on one day and it was gone. I was in the wilderness for a while until I stumbled upon phantis, thank god I found it!
  22. @Athens4 The ones that Pao the great, bananas and pash were talking about on the previous page
  23. Had no idea that these other forums existed. I guess I'm just so content in my little PAOK bubble I had no reason to stray onto google and search beyond these forums.
  24. Looks like Basinas is coming on as an assistant https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/mpasinas-epistrefei-sthn-ethnikh-ws-vohthos-toy-aggeloy.5350891.html?fbclid=IwAR04bMDNfUgQe48A0Cqf6aCKVD56lLUU49SUk4rKaXtfsoXcqnErqpLsHtM
×
×
  • Create New...