Phantis Forums

SL-R27: PAOK - AEL Kalloni (20-Mar-16, 17:15 GR)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpgvsKalloni.jpg

MATCHUP:           P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - A.E.L. Kallonis

COMPETITION:    Superleague - Round 27

DATE:                   20-March-2016

TIME:                    17:15 GR  (15:15 GMT, 10:15 CDT, 02:15 AEDT)

CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)

REFEREES:          Dimitris Karantonis (Imathia) - Nikolaos Karaisaridis (Pieria), Antonis Diplaras (Karditsa)

TELEVISION:        Nova Sports (Greece, Cyprus, Albania, Bulgaria), Laola1.TV (Worldwide except Greece, Cyprus, Albania, Bulgaria)

P.A.O.K.  - Kalloni history: 

Superleague

2014-2015:  1:1 (Pereyra) - Attendance:  no fans

2013-2014:  2:1 (Vukic, Koulouris) - Attendance:  8,458

GAMES:  2

WINS:      1

TIES:       1

LOSSES: 0

PAOK won the appeal against the 1-game ban for the throwing incident in the Atromitos game and the Kalloni game will be played with fans present. Probably the last chance for PAOK fans to see their team this season at Toumba.

Kace has been rather poor today. I'd take him out and put in Rodrigues...move Charisis back into DM, Pelkas back to center, and Rodrigues on the wing. Tziolis has been passing pretty well.

Who would have thought that playing 4 in the back to compensate for lack of star quality, putting Kace in the lineup and playing everyone else in their ACTUAL position would lead to 2 consecutive wins....Crazy, crazy stuff this Ivic character is doing here...and that's with 3 starters STILL on the bench.....

• Like it 1

Here's the press conference. Ivic starts about 30 minutes in. I'm just starting it now, but can note that the second question posed to Ivic was about whether or not he knows why the team can't go more than a few days without injuries. He says he thinks he knows the reason... Doesn't seem to imply that it's the pitch at the training center (else he would have just said it).

-edit- ends pretty quickly too, not much of interest

• Like it 1

But, you don't need much quality to beat Kalloni.

Yeah, I thought the same before we lost twice against Panthrax with our proponitara...

Anyways, our team is gaining momentum. If this holds on I see us taking all 9 points right before the play offs.

• Like it 1