Phantis Forums

Georgia - Greece

Irlandos

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia 1-2 Greece FT

YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE GROUP F CHAMPIONS! THE ETHNIKI IS GOING TO EUFA EURO 2012 IN POLAND AND UKRAINE!

And from the looks of it, Karagounis and Charisteas will still be with them - 8 years after Portugal!

no problem..

yes it was one hell of a strike......the second goal was experience doing the talking, although katsourani has #17 to his right with nobody between him and the goalie but chose his "04 buddy" haristea on the wing with a more difficult angle. nice one touch by axristea......

fotakis - i like that guy...seems like he has a good feel for the game and a thunder shot...kara looked slow today....and several times u could see tsiolis getting out paced by several georgia players....

more goal are scored by mix ups in defense, deflections / opportunistic rebounds than pretty end to end rushes....i like to see a left footed guy on the left for a change although he is not the most accurate of passers....seems the mids pushed up a bit as evidence by spiropoulos cutting back some passes to the top of the box where the mids are left wide open with lots of space to maneuver and shoot....

a win is a win i guess as we have been bitten by other teams "lucky" goals as well...

thats soccer i guess....

we needed a bit of luck today but that should not bring down this achievement. we dominated the group, sure it was rather weak, but we took it over undefeated, which is something only the likes of germany, italy, england and spain have done this qualifying round. i also believe spain and england played 2 less matches then the other groups.

today luck was on our side but we deserved it, undefeated in 16 with some solid performances in there, especially when tested vs croatia, who are always a force...

i hope we prepare accordingly for what will be a good tournament...i will be interested to see who santos selects in the friendlies coming up to the finals and the actual squad...

we need to get out of the habit of playing to our opponents level and always play with a good pace, like we did vs the croats...

Archived