Phantis Forums
george21

AEK Transfer Talk

We are close to signing Diaz and also Federico Bravo from Boca Juniors. Both would raise the team up a level. Our depth in midfield would become our strength rather than our weakness with Bravo. Diaz is a natural goal scorer that can play up top and on the wing, instant upgrade over Pekhart and Almeida. Get these two, and a left back and we are golden.

You really think Bravo is that good?  He played in MLS last year and was expected to have the starting job but ended up in more of a rotation. I haven't seen him enough, just wondering. 

Well he's gonna be the 4th or 5th string behind the two starters in midfield. He's at a good age and depth is huge, no depth in midfield is why we didn't get second place last season. 

I hope this doesnt mean Galanopoulos will see his game time reduced. I've been very impressed with the kid.

Diaz will be a huge plus for us if he comes and reports say he will be in Athens this week sometime, if he brings that scoring record along with him then hopefully most of our worries up top will end. Almeida has been a flop, but Pekhart on the other hand has shown he can step up when needed.

We have done some decent business this window I feel, now to get a LB.

Majstorovic seems to be getting things done well for us.

But we can bring in as many players as we want, the one thing we need to do is start winning matches week in week out.

The Platella release is just  another insanely moronic move by a PAE who seems to have moronic moves indented into their DNA regardless of who is in charge. 

We just thinned out 2 major positions with that move. You now have only Patito to play on both wings for as long as Lazaro is injured. Platella had a contract until 2018, why the F*** would you break contract when there hasn't been any indication of getting another winger, and you didn't make a cent off of it? Not to mention you just strengthened Atromito for free, a team that is 3 points behind us.  

Vargas is out as he and his manager are waiting out his contract, so that he can leave for free in the summer. 

I doubt they have the brains to bring back Barbosa for cheaper, if not for free as Al Wasl has a limit on the amount of foreign players they can have on the roster. Watch someone else from the Greek league snatch up one of our best players of the last few seasons. Then I'll really lose my s%$#!. 

Lets just home Diaz closes soon and Ajdarevic & Vranjes turn out to be somewhat decent, absolutely sick of free transfers.

Few reports saying Tzavellas is Athens with AEK in pursuit, thoughts?

Personally I would take him as it makes us stronger, we have terrible LBs currently.

1 hour ago, Original Sydney said:

Few reports saying Tzavellas is Athens with AEK in pursuit, thoughts?

Personally I would take him as it makes us stronger, we have terrible LBs currently.

I think you guys should take him and it would be a good move.  End of the day he's a solid player, the "MVP" for PAOK last season.  He had a great season.

There is too much bad blood now with him at PAOK not just with Ivic but with previous managers as well, but at AEK he may realize it's time to start fresh and stop the crap.

Besides, Meli is a lot scarier than Ivan and I can picture Meli stubbing out that cigar of his right into Tzavellas cute little head, so there is that as well to keep him in line.

• Like it 1

Hahahahaha loved the loved sentence bananas!!!!

But I agree he will help us and can get the job done for us, Didac is terrible.

@Amorgos I agree mate he showed good glimpses when given a chance but again it wasn't to be for him also.

It'd be good for the NT as well as he needs to be playing.  I know of lot of people don't want him in the NT but he's definitely worthy of being in the squad.  Maybe not a starter but he's good to have for depth.

He's got that tsabouka as we all know and I'm sure if he signs for you guys he'll have a blinder against PAOK.  I actually wish the trouble between him and Ivic hadn't happened as he was good for depth/rotation but it is what it is now.

I can't see him signing for PAO either as they are having trouble paying their players and there was talk of Alafouzos decreasing the budget.  That's now, what about in the near future ?  If Tzavellas has to choose between the two I can't see how he'd prefer PAO.

The only issue of course will be his wages ...

That's my only concern will Meli pay the transfer fee (if there is one) and also will he pay the wages. On the plus side we all know he loves his Greek players so this works in favour of it happening and he is a Greek International so for me it would be crazy to not get him. PAO just bought Koubelis also and not sure what their finances are like now and Alafouzos has put himself in s%$#! so hopefully he comes to us.

Time will tell, the quicker we get it done though the better it is as we are very thin at the back now with injuries.

AEK has signed on loan the serbian striker from lokomotiv moscow skelutic. 

Edited by PAOKSYD

Transfermarket usual lists transfer as per uefa transfer forms. Its always spot on. 

Check out transfers in GSL and hes in AEK's squad. 

He is coming next season Amo, done deal I have read.

This guy seems to have a good scoring record last couple seasons, hope he brings it with him if he does come.

Do agree with you on Pekhart he has lifted lately

Same thing happened on transfermsrket eith pirjovic of paok. He was listed then removed until announcement by pae. 

You see the anouncement made in coming days. 

• Like it 1

Well the whole Diaz fiasco was a waste as he ended up joining some Mexican club....

Our attention has turned to Sergio Araujo, currently plays for La Liga side Las Palmas.

He had a good record in the 2nd division scoring 25 goals in 43 games, in La Liga its not as good with 7 goals in 34 appearances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Araujo

He has stated he wants to join us, but the club president has stated there could be some difficulties. 

Gremio of Brazil are also interested.

He's exactly the kind of striker we need. Unlike Pekhart and Almeida, he doesn't need the midfield to create chances for him, and he is useful outside of the box as well. He can create chances on his own; he has good speed, good technical ability, and most importantly, he is only 24 years old. We offered to take him on loan for 18 months and a buyout option at the end of it, he wants to come, and according to all reports, all that is left is for Las Palmas to finalize the signing of his replacement. Hopefully that aren't wrong, and Melissanidis actually gives some money. 

He had fallen out with Las Palmas a few days ago after he was seen drinking. He also had a DUI in Septemeber, so this would be his last chance to save his career. That also means that he's in shape to play since he hasn't been off for a long time. Hopefully he comes determined to prove himself because he can potentially be the best player in the Super League, assuming he stays away from alcohol. 

We have one week to complete the Araujo signing, but we also need at least one more signing. This team really needs a left back that has similar skills as Galo. Didac last year was a good defender, but this year his defensive performances have dipped. At the same time, he is horrible in attack and is a waste of space. He can stay on as a backup, but if we replace him with someone like Galo then we become instantly better as a team, plus Almeida and Pekhart will become more significant because we would have another player that can play a good cross into them, and exploit their skill set.

We also need another winger for depth, but with re-emergence of Vargas and the improvement of Lazaros, it's not a huge priority, it would just be nice to have. Ideally, we bring back Barbosa, he would actually be perfect for this team off of the bench to provide a spark with his speed, plus, he knows the team and can score. 

Edited by Original 21