Phantis Forums

Greece vs. North Korea

Lazarus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to take any of this seriously since we have a bunch of useless clowns (EPO) running the circus. We have a grand total of 3 friendlies before the WC; how anyone expects anything more than mediocrity as a result is beyond me. Are these guys aware that the World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the world next to the Olympics? Do they know what preparation means? Apparently not. Naturally Ninis doesn't get 1 damn minute of playing time when he should be starting as a #10. There's no excuse for this s%$#! and these assholes should be held accountable.

I still predict we'll scrape by to the next round; beyond that who knows.

Well most of us have called for Otto's head. Unfortunately it will come with our not so good performance in South Africa.

Doesn't Takis Fyssas have a say in the selections....Socrates and Ninis must be featured as starters. Not including Mitro is insane...I am fine with Kapetanos...but Salpi and Charisteas AGAIN. How does Patsa get called over Fotakis.

If Toro is not fit do we not have a better option than Vyntra???

Someone was making fun of Canada...we trot out the same guys here in the GREAT WHITE NORTH and Greece is doing the samething no turn over of talent. Is there a problem in the youth development programs.

Doesn't Takis Fyssas have a say in the selections....Socrates and Ninis must be featured as starters. Not including Mitro is insane...I am fine with Kapetanos...but Salpi and Charisteas AGAIN. How does Patsa get called over Fotakis.

Papasthatopoulos, Ninis, Mitroglou, should definitely start.

People like Manolas should be subbed on, also great player.

Not going to happen I'm afraid. I don't see how the first three aren't at the start of our games...

KATSOURANIS IS DONKEY - Over n' out!

He really is the most declined Greek player of the season ...Been crap for PAO 2nd half of the season too. :tdown:

We really have no creative midfielders aside from Karagkounis and Ninis. Ninis probably won't even play to make matters worse. Even our DM's are quite weak in Katsouranis, Tziolis, Patsa......

I really want to see Torosidis in the midfield, Spyropoulos and even Tzavelas can handle the LB, Toro is much needed talent in a lacking pool of midfielders.

Avraam is one of the biggest flopped talents ever....burned out before he even got going at the national level, and at Aris was such a promising player. I don't understand why on earth he would play over or even with players like Papastathopoulos, Kyrgiakos and Moras, Vyntra.....

hopefully Mitroglou makes the team. Honestly, its so ridiculous Kapetanos is making it over him.....

Mitro is better in literally every aspect of the game even physical condition + more experienced internationally + better form + played at a higher level this season.

The fact that Kapetanos and Charisteas are on the squad over him....Its ridiculous.

It won't happen, but here is the team with the most potential to go through IMO:

--------------------------Tzorvas--------------------------

Vyntra----------Kyrgiakos----Papastathopoulos-----Spyropoulos

----------------Katsouranis--------Torosidis------------------

-------------------------Karagkounis---------------------------

Salpiggidis/Ninis---------------------------------------Samaras

--------------------------Gkekas-----------------------------

Subs:

Sifakis

Tzavelas

Marinos

Moras

Mitroglou

Prittas

Tziolis

What Otto I predict will probably play:

Vyntra--------Kyrgiakos------Papastathopoulos/Avraam------Torosidis

----------------------Tziolis---------Katsouranis-----------

--------------------------Karagkounis----------------------

Charisteas-----------------------------------------Samaras

--------------------------Gkekas---------------------------

Subs:

Sifakis

Moras

Avraam

Seitaridis

Patsatzoglou

Salpiggidis

Kapetanos

Ninis

And with the inclusion of Xaristeas, our right flank will evaporate into thin air, and with Tziolis or Papadopoulos in the back, our team will collapse and struggle to build possesions. Otto just HAS to include the shitty players that don't perform.

when were tied game or losing hell make the following subs:

Avraam------> Karagkounis

Gkekas/Samaras------> Kapetanos

Charisteas worst CF on the field yet again--------> keep him on for 90 mins

Ninis-----> Wait till the 88th minute to bring on

Sifakis

Giourkas,Socrates,Soto,Tzavelas/Spyropoulos

Ninis,Katsouranis,Toro

...........Karagounis...............

..........Gekas,Samaras..........

If giourkas cant go play toro RB and push Spyropoulos LOM

there it is folks,off to the K.O stage...Youth, some pace on flanks...wow 2 left footers(04 we had venetidis,fyssas and left georgatos home WOW) imagine that!

the only hope for a decent showing in SA is that the team:

1 - cruises during friendlies

2 - turns it on during games that count

i think its clear in watching this team that they play much harder when it counts and if u look back at history you will see that the only consistent element of their game is that they are inconsistent.

saying that i still dont think they have the talent to pass through the qualifiers. we talked about this two years ago. There is no reason why ninis/kouts/mitro/fot should not be ready to contribute now. otto can yell all he wants about his preference for experience over youth. But had he done a better job of getting theses younger guys playing time (especially during friendlies) they could see some meaningful and productive time now.

and - midfield - we are sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssoooo

horrible - even with deniro we are average at best....but once he was taken out, man we were absolutely clueless.....how well do u think a 33 years old or whatever is going to hold up in the SA heat game after game?

and the fact that avraaaaaaaaam is even on the team tells u all you need to know....this selection boggles my mind to no end.....he is out of position and one step behind E V E R Y F R E A K I N T I M E ..................

i really don't think it will be a humiliation.... i just don't think well go through.....

I see us ending the tournament with 2 points....0-0 draw against Korea, and a 1-1 with an already qualified argentina....nigeria well lose against probably 2-0

KATSOURANIS IS DONKEY - Over n' out!

He really is the most declined Greek player of the season ...Been crap for PAO 2nd half of the season too. :tdown:

We really have no creative midfielders aside from Karagkounis and Ninis. Ninis probably won't even play to make matters worse. Even our DM's are quite weak in Katsouranis, Tziolis, Patsa......

I really want to see Torosidis in the midfield, Spyropoulos and even Tzavelas can handle the LB, Toro is much needed talent in a lacking pool of midfielders.

Avraam is one of the biggest flopped talents ever....burned out before he even got going at the national level, and at Aris was such a promising player. I don't understand why on earth he would play over or even with players like Papastathopoulos, Kyrgiakos and Moras, Vyntra.....

hopefully Mitroglou makes the team. Honestly, its so ridiculous Kapetanos is making it over him.....

Mitro is better in literally every aspect of the game even physical condition + more experienced internationally + better form + played at a higher level this season.

The fact that Kapetanos and Charisteas are on the squad over him....Its ridiculous.

It won't happen, but here is the team with the most potential to go through IMO:

--------------------------Tzorvas--------------------------

Vyntra----------Kyrgiakos----Papastathopoulos-----Spyropoulos

----------------Katsouranis--------Torosidis------------------

-------------------------Karagkounis---------------------------

Salpiggidis/Ninis---------------------------------------Samaras

--------------------------Gkekas-----------------------------

Subs:

Sifakis

Tzavelas

Marinos

Moras

Mitroglou

Prittas

Tziolis

What Otto I predict will probably play:

Vyntra--------Kyrgiakos------Papastathopoulos/Avraam------Torosidis

----------------------Tziolis---------Katsouranis-----------

--------------------------Karagkounis----------------------

Charisteas-----------------------------------------Samaras

--------------------------Gkekas---------------------------

Subs:

Sifakis

Moras

Avraam

Seitaridis

Patsatzoglou

Salpiggidis

Kapetanos

Ninis

And with the inclusion of Xaristeas, our right flank will evaporate into thin air, and with Tziolis or Papadopoulos in the back, our team will collapse and struggle to build possesions. Otto just HAS to include the shitty players that don't perform.

when were tied game or losing hell make the following subs:

Avraam------> Karagkounis

Gkekas/Samaras------> Kapetanos

Charisteas worst CF on the field yet again--------> keep him on for 90 mins

Ninis-----> Wait till the 88th minute to bring on

Yeah, thats the line up I would use and I think we could actually be pretty good...but unfortunately Doppo will probably go with the team you listed there...the thing is, you never know. There could be an injury at some point and he would be forced to go with a more sensible line up.

I think he would start Haristeas even if he played a total of 2 minutes this past season. Thats how much he loves him.

My car is deckerd out with greece parafanelia but im afraid tha fame the biggest po$?ta the line ups put up by otto is humiliating that we go year after year with the same old dogs take them out to the pasteurs and shoot them.

The u 19 21 17 has good future possibilities some one needs to grab it by the balls and make it right were a one trick pony.

Archived