Phantis Forums

Helsingborg vs Panionios

ukchris

So, we kick off our UEFA Cup Group Stage games tomorrow in Sweden. The bookmakers don't really fancy our chances, with the following odds...

Helsingborg win 5/6

Draw 23/10

Paninios win 13/5

Howeverm Helsinborgs are considered to be the weakest team in the group (with Panionios the 4th best), so I'm really hoping for a point.

Oh, and for the record, we're 200-1 outsiders to win the trophy!

The first half have been slow paced. Both teams try to get the feel for the other it seems. A few ok chances for Panionios but Helsingborg had the closest few to open the score. Panionios have a bit of problem with Helsingborgs set pieces. They had a dangerous corner kick + two free kicks that ended up on goal. All and all 50 - 50 so far. A draw would be a good result for Panionios i think.

On my TV - Eurosport Nordic - Panionios started to make more errors now before the end of first half. A lot of missed chance passes.

Big chance for Henke Larsson to score!

Sorry that i asked u before but the game was sopposed to be on ET1 at 7.00 PM in greece,12pm here in the states but they had some music videoclips when i checked.Propably some minutes later they switched to the game.

GEIA SOU RE PANIONARA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sportime is saying that Panionio is in complete control of the game so it's interesting to hear from Sharpos that they are not. :unsure:

FOR THE MOMENT GAMEI OMOS!!! PANI-ONARA-OE-OE-OE!!! :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

GEIA SOU RE PANIONARA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sportime is saying that Panionio is in complete control of the game so it's interesting to hear from Sharpos that they are not. :unsure:

FOR THE MOMENT GAMEI OMOS!!! PANI-ONARA-OE-OE-OE!!! :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Not quite man! Helsingborg could've been leading 1-0 cos they had 2 good chances minutes before the goal. Thats just not true from sportime. Helsingborg is gonna do everything now to equalize. Panionios should focus on counter attacks i believe.

Congrats on Panionio for getting a point from an away game.If u guys were a little bit lucky you could have escaped with 3 points but this is soccer.Good performance. :tup: :gr:

I'm so gutted. Panionios should have held on. This draw has all but ended hopes of qualification imo. A team needs 6 points minimum to have a chance of qualifying and this game was vital! I'm so gutted. Larissa have to cheer me up now. :(

I just got back from the match, it was a lot of fun. I'm glad it ended in a draw, both sides played very well. I had a Greek Flag with me and waved it with pride, I know some of you wanted Panionios to win, but this is football. The crowd was very loud after Larsson scored the equaliser, almost like panamonia. :LOL:

Dude, it's only 1 match, nothing is lost, Panionios can qualify to the knockout round.

Archived