Phantis Forums

Alpha Sat is up on DirecTV

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the news DKSat, good to see you back again :tup:

As Gyros said though, this channel is going downhill fast, the appeal is not their anymore at least IMO. Most of the talent that left is now at Alter (Triantafilopoulos, Vefa and now Xatzinikolaou) and ANT1 (Anastasiadis and soon Menegaki) so basically who cares about this channel?!

I think it would be better for DirecTV to add Alter Globe (which is coming soon supposedly) and ERT World. That would definitely boost subscribers way more than Alpha Sat will. Its a has-been channel and I know things change frequently in Greece but alot of these people left Alpha on bad terms so I can't see them going back anytime soon unless there is new ownership. Also, the programming has been cheapened, just filler stuff from what I see like gameshows and reality crap. :tdown:

:gr:

Also, the programming has been cheapened, just filler stuff from what I see like gameshows and reality crap.

Don't know how you came to that conclusion ??

I got Alpha Sat here and I havent seen any of these games shows or reality crap u mention?? you must be mistaken it with Ant1 LOL :P

Alpha Sat stil is a decent channel and programming is pretty good IMO one of my favourite programs on Alpha is Al Satiri News with Lakis Lazoupoulos ( think thats how u spell it LOL )

Meganaki isent going anywere for the time being saw an interview with her on Star last week about this very issue and said she isent going anywere for the time being and she'll see how things are when her contract is up for renewal so another 1-2 years of her on Alpha atleast... and thats if she leaves as we all know things in Greece go up and down all the time so she could just renew her contract and stay were she is when the time comes...

Thanks for the news DKSat, good to see you back again  :tup:

As Gyros said though, this channel is going downhill fast, the appeal is not their anymore at least IMO.  Most of the talent that left is now at Alter (Triantafilopoulos, Vefa and now Xatzinikolaou) and ANT1 (Anastasiadis and soon Menegaki) so basically who cares about this channel?!

I think it would be better for DirecTV to add Alter Globe (which is coming soon supposedly) and ERT World.  That would definitely boost subscribers way more than Alpha Sat will.  Its a has-been channel and I know things change frequently in Greece but alot of these people left Alpha on bad terms so I can't see them going back anytime soon unless there is new ownership.  Also, the programming has been cheapened, just filler stuff from what I see like gameshows and reality crap.  :tdown:

:gr:

I cant help but think that this is just a temp. down turn for them. As others have said, all the Greek channels experience this through the years.

I'm sure that one of the main driving forces for people to buy it will be Menegaki. Now is it enough? :blink:

Soon Direct should have Alter Globe too. So the line up will be:

Mega

Alpha

There has been mention of Star before coming by the end of the year. I'm hoping (I like their news).

You also mention ERT. Maybe they could be on both Dish and Direct. I dont think that they are exclusive to anyone.

So this is what it might look like by year end if all the information is right.

Direct:

Mega

Alpha

Star

ERT

Dish:

Ant1

Ant1 Gold

ERT

Blue Music Channel

Rythmos Radio

Ant1 Radio

Supersport FM

I also remember reading about some sort of Music Video channel from Globestar.

Now if that all happens, Direct better do something about the pricing. <_<

After years of waiting Alpha tv will star broadcasting on the International DTH patform

on DirecTV on Galaxy 3C @ 95.0 W along side with Mega Cosmos very very soon.

DKSat

news that we can trust :tup:

what about ERT???

Good move by DirecTV. What they need to do is convence Alpha to show the soccer games they have rights to.

It seems that Alpha will try to get the rights to the Greek Cup in the next two years as well:

"

Also, the programming has been cheapened, just filler stuff from what I see like gameshows and reality crap.

I got Alpha Sat here and I havent seen any of these games shows or reality crap u mention?? you must be mistaken it with Ant1 LOL :P

Alpha Sat stil is a decent channel and programming is pretty good IMO one of my favourite programs on Alpha is Al Satiri News with Lakis Lazoupoulos ( think thats how u spell it LOL )

Meganaki isent going anywere for the time being saw an interview with her on Star last week about this very issue and said she isent going anywere for the time being and she'll see how things are when her contract is up for renewal so another 1-2 years of her on Alpha atleast... and thats if she leaves as we all know things in Greece go up and down all the time so she could just renew her contract and stay were she is when the time comes...

Looks like their programming has recently changed, I got the info straight from the source- www.alphatv.gr (ALPHA!)

My mistake, it looks now like the programming is mainly from the 'entertainment' genre, which in Greece means gossip shows, talk shows focusing on showbiz, variety shows and oh did I mention gossip shows ;) Take a look at their website- the Entertainment programing is 3 pages long!! They only have 4 'information-type' programs and that includes the news. The focus has shifted and as I said before to cheap, filler type programming. Not that there is anything wrong with that, to each his own, I guess that is what people watch in Greece nowdays- Crap! I guess the reality crap is cyclical, meaning only on now and then (like American Idol, Big Brother here in North America), so maybe those shows have ended for now, that is why you don't see them.

This channel goes in the same category as ANT1 for me, so I will just stick with ERT World for now, since Mega Cosmos is nowhere to be seen here in Canada and I doubt it will be any time soon. :tdown:

As for Menegaki, I got the info from a magazine, must have been a gossip mag, so I guess that tells you all you need to know about piece of news. I could care less, don't really watch her show (when it was on ANT1) but I believe it is quite popular so I was just letting people who watch it, know that she might be going back to ANT1, which doesn't appear to be true?!

Looks like their programming has recently changed, I got the info straight from the source- www.alphatv.gr (ALPHA!)

My mistake, it looks now like the programming is mainly from the 'entertainment' genre, which in Greece means gossip shows, talk shows focusing on showbiz, variety shows and oh did I mention gossip shows ;) Take a look at their website- the Entertainment programing is 3 pages long!! They only have 4 'information-type' programs and that includes the news. The focus has shifted and as I said before to cheap, filler type programming. Not that there is anything wrong with that, to each his own, I guess that is what people watch in Greece nowdays- Crap! I guess the reality crap is cyclical, meaning only on now and then (like American Idol, Big Brother here in North America), so maybe those shows have ended for now, that is why you don't see them.

This channel goes in the same category as ANT1 for me, so I will just stick with ERT World for now, since Mega Cosmos is nowhere to be seen here in Canada and I doubt it will be any time soon. :tdown:

As for Menegaki, I got the info from a magazine, must have been a gossip mag, so I guess that tells you all you need to know about piece of news. I could care less, don't really watch her show (when it was on ANT1) but I believe it is quite popular so I was just letting people who watch it, know that she might be going back to ANT1, which doesn't appear to be true?!

I wonder if Alpha will play any concerts on Sat. Anyone in Australia know if they do? I know they got alot of exclusives for Greek concerts.

Anyway, you mentioned that Mega is not in Canada. It's funny because I was watching it last night and their logo-commercial came up (like it always does) before the show came back from commercial. And it shows like a satalite and in the background it says "United States, Australia, Canada". :blink:

Haven't seen any concerts on Alpha ? neither does there site mention any concerts

Seen concerts on Mega, Star, Sigma and Mad Word etc

Thats strange....I know that they do have some exclusives. I have downloaded them via torrent before.

They might show some but I haven't seen them

Next time one is on I'll see if its on Sat version

Actually thinking about it they do show concerts I remember seeing a few last christmas and the one before

Heres an easy one. i know last year they broadcasted "Mad Music Video Awards 2006" in Greece. Do you remember if they did on Sat.? :D

They might show some but I haven't seen them

Next time one is on I'll see if its on Sat version

Actually thinking about it they do show concerts I remember seeing a few last christmas and the one before

Heres an easy one. i know last year they broadcasted "Mad Music Video Awards 2006" in Greece. Do you remember if they did on Sat.? :D
I can't really recall seeing the MAD Awards on ALPHA but I'm 100% sure I saw them on MAD World :)

How about the soccer games? They showed 13 games on Alpha TV in Greece this season. Have any of those games been shown on the Sat channel?

Nope haven't seen any well I'm not up that early to catch them even if they are on when is the next game going to be shown on Alpha I'll make sure to check and see if there showing it...?

But to my understanding of how this works is if ERT World doesn't have the rights to the team Alpha would show it..

What teams does ALPHA have rights to anyway it seems ERT has eaten all the teams up ?

Kolossos, Alpha does not really have rights to any teams. What they have is an agreement with Supersport this season to show 13 games involving teams that have rights with Superport. I am not 100% sure about this, but I think that they allready showed all 13 games. I'll let you know if they are scheduled to show any more.

Did anyone receive a phone call from dishnetwork or directv today? My grandpa told me some lady called and spoke to him in Greek about channels leaving but he's over 80 years old and barely knows how to use the remote lol. Anyone else get it?

edit: I just checked the caller id and it said dishnetwork. My grandpa told me that someone said that their will be changes to the Greek package on April 9th. Does dksat have any info on this??

Did anyone receive a phone call from dishnetwork or directv today? My grandpa told me some lady called and spoke to him in Greek about channels leaving but he's over 80 years old and barely knows how to use the remote lol. Anyone else get it?

edit: I just checked the caller id and it said dishnetwork. My grandpa told me that someone said that their will be changes to the Greek package on April 9th. Does dksat have any info on this??

If that is the case, I guess they dont want to repeat what happened with Mega.

Didnt get a call yet.

Archived