Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Aegaleo

Olympiakosthyra7

Niko, I almost agree 100% with what you said, except that I think my explanation for our horrific european performance is quite applicable. Of course, I don't mean that, had we played a more defensive style, we would achieve anything more than a half-decent performance.

However, don't forget that you were amongst those who jumped on the conspiracy theory wagon in the previous weekend.

Anyway, any Osfp supporter is happy with our pathetic football performance this year (let's forget the past if we want to build a future), he must be an idiot. This holds true even if we win the league.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if the Greek league isnt corrupt like some here want to think. Then Oly must be. In 2005 Panionios gave Newcastle a hard time. Newcastle then handed our asses to us the same exact year. So if games arent fixed in the Superleague then they are in Europe with Kokkalis taking a handful to have his team throw the game. Somethings very wrong here boys.

I am not one for conspiracy theories, but this isn't so ridiculous and I have often wondered the same.

We keep saying that the club has a negative psychology in Europe, but the asnwer maybe a lot more sinister.

That 7 nil loss to Juventus in 2003/2004 was very very suspicious. Juventus have since been exposed for their corruption/match fixing etc and I for one, to this day remain deeply suspicious of us tanking in Europe and especially THAT game.

Juventus wasn't 7 goals better than Olympiakos. They aren't even 7 goals better than Ionikos.

It's all partisan between Oly's opponents about how we suck and we're on the kanape in Europe, but this particular result still sticks out like a trago's nuts!

So guys. What is answer. We have a team that dominates Greek football but cannot even buy a win in Europe. Sorry no pun intended.

What I am trying to get across and trying to explain that if no corruption exists in Greek football, then what needs to be done.

The epitomy was the Greek NT being crowned Euro champs but since then instead of building and Greek club football flourishing it has gone backwards.

If you look to the French League before Lyon became champs, there was a different champion over the previous 10 years.

Current Greek players abroad like Gekas, Kirgiakos, Katsouranis, Karagounis are playing well so it can only be down to the league structure if people think corruption is not an issue. I believe it is but I rest my case and have some suggestions

Here are my suggestions:

1. The Greek League to have 10 teams like Switzerland and Austria. A Super League. The teams would be Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, AEK Athens, PAOK Salonika, Aris Salonika, Heraklis Salonika, OFI Heraklion, Xanthi and one other.

2. Below is the Greek Championship with the likes of Kerkira, Panionios, Egaleo to compete (10 teams).

3. Teams to play each other 4 times i.e 36 matches.

4. Top Greek Championship team to play off against last team for right to take their place.

There are other things such as officiating that needs to be improved. The talent pool will not be spread too thin and games will be far more competitive

I also agree Panathinaikos must have played very poorly against Kerkira. Reminds me of 1986-1988 season when they lost to teams like Diagoras Rodos, Kalamaria and Ioannina.

dipapa, i think u have me confused with someone else. the second aegaleo scored the 2nd goal i posted and said " 0-2 aegaleo. unbelievable. final score 3-2''

i never said it was a conspiracy. i said they were adding drama to a boring ''super' league.

Your right about the boring super league part

But how can they add drama? What did they do? Pay off refs? Etc Etc whats your explanation? I know that people always second guess thrylos and other Greek Giants of fixing games but there is no proof? Olympiakos would of been punished by now for "fixing" 7 Championships in a row? We had a drought from 1987 to 1997 without a championship. We improved under Kokkalis because his money and fame brought in new players. ;)

Archived