Phantis Forums

Lazaros Christodoulopoulos

js1000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

js1000 I hope you don't believe what you write. At this point Christodoulopoulos is not even good enough to play at PAOK a team struggling to get into UEFA Cup, let alone Liverpool or even Olympiakos or Panathinaikos or AEK for that matter.

The kid has talent, but there is so much he has to learn before he can become a starter in Greek league first. Hopefully with good coaching and clear mind he can become a starter for PAOK next season.

As for his last game, he was ok. He did make few mistakes and had a one good run where he dribled around 3 players, which resulted in the fan applause.

he would have had good coaching at liverpool better than he's getting at paok. he's wasted a year staying there. he would have improved alot had he moved there. its not often a player gets an opportunity like he got last summer from liverpool an opportunity that should never have been denied

if he had went he would have been in the liverpool second team never even seeing rafa benitez or even gerrard. lazaros is at an age where he has to play. paok is a topclub in greece.

tavlaridis went to arsenal at a young age, didnt see any playing time. had he better stayed at iraklis, no one knows.

just because liverpool ask for a promising player doesnt automatically mean paok have to spread their legs immediately. what liverpool offered was ridiculous and in essence they tried to snatch him illegally and tzampa, so paok was right. if liverpool had high plans for him why didnt they want to pay some real money for him.

he would have had good coaching at liverpool better than he's getting at paok. he's wasted a year staying there. he would have improved alot had he moved there. its not often a player gets an opportunity like he got last summer from liverpool an opportunity that should never have been denied

I agree with you, he would have been vastly superior to the player he is now but he still wouldnt have been in the class of players like Bellamy, Crouch, Kuyt, and Fowler. And if they aren't considered to be doing the business for Liverpool then I dont think Christodoulopoulos would have been playing much. Still though, he could have always moved on after that when he was a better player. From his perspective I understand him wanting to leave. The fans dont respect the players in Greece, he probably wasnt getting paid, and Liverpool is a player's dream. However football is a business and if Liverpool werent prepared to meet PAOK's price (esp during a financial crisis) did you expect PAOK to let him leave just like that?

liverpool offered what they thought the clause in his contract was. paok then started delaying things until the transfer window closed. paok didn't even pick him for most of this season.

if i was in his shoes playing for a mediocre club like paok and was denied such an opportunity i'd be fuming. its not like he was leaving to join aris. i just hope he gets another opportunity to join a big club in the future

Liverpool never made an offer for him. Their hope was that the player would win his prosfygi, but he had no chance, since he was paid in full. Once they learned that he had a valid contract with PAOK and that wanted a lot of money, they dropped him like a hot potato. There are also rumors that it was another Greek team behind this whole move, and they used the Liverpool name as a cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you provide a link to that story?

From what I know, when Liverpool supposedly stopped their interest in the player, and shortly before the athletic court decision on the validity of his contract with PAOK, the player through his agent came to PAOK and offered PAOK 600,000 Euro for a release from his contract. Rumors were going around that another Greek team (Panathinaikos) was behind this move taking advantage of this whole Liverpool fiasco.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So now the rumour is that hes close to OLY. I dont know much about this player since it seems like he never plays for you guys. Is he a dekari or a striker? What is it about him that makes him such a huge talent? Is he fast? Good dribbler of the ball? Good vision? Or just killer goal scoring instinct ?

Lazaros is considered one of the most talented young players in Greece by many. He seems to have a good scoring instinct. He is a striker and a good dribler, in the few games I have seen him.

Having said that I believe he needs to be given more playing time and somebodey (coach) who can steer him in the right direction. His problem was listening to his agent who promised him instand gold without thinking about the consequences, since he had a contract with another team. That's why he pretty lost most of the season.

We'll see what happens. PAOK is claiming that none of the young players will be sold and teh team president Vezyrtzis said today that the figures of 1 to 1.5 million Euro for the player are way too low.

• 3 weeks later...

he lost most of the season through paoks stubborness. he does need a coach to bring on his game and he'll get that overseas if he's lucky enough to escape. however i suspect paok will price him out of a move.

he lost most of the season through paoks stubborness. he does need a coach to bring on his game and he'll get that overseas if he's lucky enough to escape. however i suspect paok will price him out of a move.

what you are saying is utter stupidity, and is something someone who knows nothing about the situation would say. Go read up on the story and then come and post your opinion clown.

as a paok fan you will always justify the actions of your club making you unable to talk objectively. if you want me to read up about this then post some links rather than use words like "utter stupidity".

the lad is wasted at you're club

Archived