Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS - OLYMPIAKOS

MadBoy13

Congratulations for the Win.

We in Europe could only see the 1st half on ERT Sat.

Was it the same Overseas ?

I was watching it in Canada on my satalite for the whole game just the audio started to switch to a talk show in the 70 min till about the 80th min then it was fine.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not expect this at all.

Being a PAO fan i was expecting a much tougher opposition. What i saw was a very low pressure, extremely slow OLYMPIAKOS.

It seems to me that Munoz has taking these players and give them the one thing lacking in recent years. CONFIDENCE.

Now you see them make cross field passes. You see them try for through balls that are truly rare in Greece.

And what can you say about Viktor. #23 by the way. His class is clearly evident even though he doesnt seem to be 100% fit yet. He controlled the whole left side of the field and made a tremendous effort in keeping possesion.

ALSO>> NOTE!!!!!.... Did anyone see Nilsson play after Vyntra's injury? Did u see the way he kept the ball down the line and made an attempt on goal by passin to Mantzios? How many times has that happened with Vyntra? Usually with him it's bad crosses that end up a few rows up in the stands.

AGAIN..I stress.. a player like nilsson who is good enough to play in the starting 11 on Swedens National Team, CAN AND SHOULD play for PAO on a regular basis.

Now hopefully he can stay off the injured list, somethign i hope Vyntra cant.

KUDOS ALL AROUND!

Later skaters

I'll be the 1st Gavro to say congrads on your victory. Well deserved, thanks to our vlamene Kostoulas :P . Your "European" form showed it today, you guys fought it to the end. Victor IMO is the man of the match, he played well.

Now you have 1 game to worry about, that is in Karaiskaki. :P :LOL: :LOL: :P

i forget..... everybody saw how good our fans was.....

otan omos emeis pame sto karaiskaki... einai san na pigenoume se polemo...

I didnt say he isnt good, i asked who and where he was on the field today.

He played right? :whistle:

I know he is a great player BUT we have to give credit where credit is due. As good as he is... What does it tell u about the way PAO played him?

Thats all..

And yes dark_horse.. i believe that WILL be the most important match of the year..

a tie would be great for us... that way if we end up tied at the end of the year, we will win the championship and itll hurt even more.

We in Europe could only see the 1st half on ERT Sat.

Was it the same Overseas ?

im in nz and the sound swapped with some random bullshit round the 65' so i muted it and then put the internet radio on, i turned it back round the 80' and it crapped out again for a minute or so otherwise fine aye. ALTHOUGH I WAS PISSED OFF IMMENSELY THAT IT HAPPED

i forget..... everybody saw how good our fans was.....

otan omos emeis pame sto karaiskaki... einai san na pigenoume se polemo...

man i very rarely get to watch pao games cause im in nz and i hate to say that i thought the fans were average, certanly not the best performance i have ever seen at a PAO game.

The best for me was when we beat dutch team PSV 4-1.The fans we fukn load aye.This could be because of the 2 different stadiums though.......none the less its always good to see a sea of green with flares all over the show and occasionaly 1 flying towards OSFP fans or players.BUT it was still a great win win.... worth my lack of sleep before the game.....if we lost i would have blown something up with fireworks.

:box: :ph34r: PAO G**** KAI THN KOUPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: :box:

whens the next game...its a cup one right???

A great day for the trifile

TA LEME RE MANGES

This was a good display by our team, especially considering how we played a month ago.

Munoz has made all the difference. He organized the team, established a consistent line-up, he studies the opponents, and he is very good at making tactical moves during the game.

Victor is another reason the team is doing well. He is a winner, and you can see from his moves on the pitch that he does not like to loose. Having a skillful player like him helps to lift the whole team.

The game was won on the midfield. No Olympiakos midfielder went unmolested when he touched the ball on our side of the field. No matter how much Olympiakos tried, our defensive behavior was excellent and never once did opponents found an easy lane towards out goal. We have gone back to basics: you win with your defense. Pao always had 7 or 8 players behind the ball, and when we won the ball we were able to move it forward with more ease than I have seen in the last couple of years.

What was also impressive, was how the team reacted after we scored. Not once did our players showed any weakness, and looked like the best team on the field. Better yet, the last ten minutes we did an excellent job managing the game by holding and passing the ball around on offense.

On an individual level, Romero and Victor had an excellent game. Romero moved up and down the right side at will, and helped defensively as well. Victor bestowed on the team the quality, confidence, and winning attitude that seems to permeate our play lately.

Beyond these two players, Tziolis, had an excellent game. He did not allow Olympiakos any easy plays in midfield, and moved the ball around with confidence. He is the younger player of our team, and personally I have high hopes for him.

Ebede once again was unbeatable. He dominated his area with quick decisions, and added another fantastic save to his resume.

Seric had a quiet game with no moves forward. I was surprised that they did not test him more (being susceptible to loosing good dribbling players), but he seemed confident and collected.

Morris had a great game along with Goumas (even though he lost just about every header against Konstantinou). Goumas had also an excellent move forward and a fantastic assist pass to Salpigidis.

Vintra had the best game I have seen in the last year or so. He did have a few "stravoklwtsies" but overall he did not let Domi, Tzortzevits, Kastigio, or Rivaldo (yes, Solid tried everyone on Vintra) become dangerous. I was worried when he was injured, but Nilsson did a good job covering for him, and his move down the right when he outran everyone and cut the ball back towards Salpigidis was classic. Is this the same player as last year?

Salpigidis was a constant nightmare for the Olympiakos defenders. Papadopoulos looked out of sorts again and I thought his reactions were a bit too slow for the most part. He fought hard though and contributed both offensively and defensively.

Victor was ejected in the 93 minute, and rightly so. He showed his class by shaking the ref's hand. Both his cards came when he fouled opponents who had went past him. He knows about football and would not allow anyone catch our defense open. Also, he shows winning attitude by contesting every ball on offense and defense.

Victor Munoz has made a huge difference so far. I say extend his contract and double his earnings. He has a plan, he fields a good team every game, and during the game he is very sharp. He makes the right moves on and off the field.

Ps. someone stop Aslanidis from spitting aerologies on tv. Eleos pia me tis kouventes tou kafeneiou.

I am watching Athlitiki Kyriaki and he is beaching and moaning about everything. He has turned red and does not let anyone speak. Eleos...

yes he said that we did not make 1 good pass forward and created 0 chances :LOL: :tup: :tup: :LOL: :LOL:

what a shiity loser :box: :box:

great win for the team and the fans..our players did very sell today and worked as a teasm..we had passion and drive and the players looked like they were hungry for the win..the team looks to be taking shape with munoz...too bad for victors red even though he was by far the man o the match..no rivaldo, no castillo, no konstantinou and no djordvic..we defended as a team and attacked as a team..PAO OLE!!

Aslanidis is comparing soccer to soccer 30 years ago where the players werent as big and strong as they r today. Also speed has picked up from back in the day. im not sayin that the soccer was better then or now. im just sayin that its a different game. With all the training and workin out, the players these days are in more game shape then ever.

Its natural that some players dont look as fast they did back in the day where a little class went a long way.

what bothers me is that the guy was sayin that olympiakos was playin their game and pao was defending. What did osfp do?

They went into OAKA with a 5 point lead, no pressure and with apparently EXPERIENCED players.

The bottom line is this. Last year REAL vs BARCELONA was a crappy game with Ronaldhino scoring two BEAUTIFUL HIGHLIGHT REEL goals. Otherwise the game was complete crap. And we r talkin about TWO teams that have multi million dollar payrolls. Not TWO teams from the GREEK LEAGUE with strict budgets etc..

Greek soccer is this. But with coaches that are worried about losing 3 games in a row and gettin fired, HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO PLAY OPEN FREESTYLE SOCCER if they r worried about losing the game.

START WITH SOME STABILITY IN THE COACHING RANKS and you will see the teams open up a bit more.

Panathinaikos did not play defensive football today. Those who say that don't know much about the game.

Panathinaikos was quick at organizing a double-line defense every time Olympiakos had the ball. This forced Olympiakos to pass the ball backwards the entire game. When we won the ball, we moved forward in numbers, with quick combination plays. Very few times we saw long balls from defense.

This is the difference of today's Pao and last month's Pao. The team recoils quickly and organizes its defense much faster than before, so our defenders are not exposed constantly.

osfpp seemed really slow. we were much more dangerous even in the 1st half where nothing much happened, you could tell that our speed would make a difference. thankfully we got the first goal & the pace of the game became very good, up until the end.. The Ebede save on okkas was sick!!!

are the police on strike??? how did the fans end up on the pitch...??? :blink:

that has the potential of getting ugly... luckily we had brains & class...

GOOD WIN :tup: :tup: :tup:

THIS WIN FEELS REALLY GOOD

Finally a derby win...

All I can say as a proud Panathinaikos supporter, not only was this great seeing the true legends of Greek football beating Olympiakos, but this was great for Greek football.

The championship has been given new life and Greek football will benefit. I believe the reign of Olympiakos is coming to end. To say they have won 9/10 championships is a great achievement but they matched this with one, yes one quarter final appearance in the Champions League.

However the worse thing that could happen is draw or lose their next game to Ergotelis that will undo all the good work. I am sure given the ethic and style given to the team that Munoz has inserted this will not happen.

Still a long way go and 21 games left, but beating Olympiakos is simply the best.

Egw auto pou blepw ton teleutaio kairo einai oti eixame omada kai den to kserame(oute emeis oute oi paiktes)!

Apla brethike autos o xristianos (Munoz) gia na bgalei ton kalytero eauto apo ton kathe paikth..giati kathenas pleon deixnei na gnwrizei ti prepei na kanei sto ghpedo kai oxi tourlouboukia!H amyna mpeton kai oxi trikymia!

Apo to prwto kiolas paixnidi (Hapoel) eidame estw ena 20lepto pou den to xame ksanadei! To 20lepto egine 45lepto me thn AEK, 65lepto me Hra kai 80lepto me Mlada.Wspou xtes kaname ton olympiako na deixnei akindynos!Ti na pw...pote den pisteva oti tha mporouse na ginei tetoia metamorfwsh mesa se toso ligo xroniko diasthma!

Den thymamai ton Tzioli kai ton Romero na exoun paiksei kalytera apo xthes! Kai genikws den yphrxe kanenas pou ysterhse! (Isws ligo o pap alla dikaiologimenos logw traumatismou).

Yparxoun sigoura perithwria beltiwshs, panta yparxoun, opws omws yparxei kai aisiodoksia oti tha erthei!

P.S. Polles mazemenes xares skasane teleutaia kai eixame ksesynithisei!

My view of lastnight:

PAO is playing football finally but were still not turned around yet. We have much more to come and a lot to improve on on the pitch. We have the effort and the passion back it seems which is great...Victor is also making a huge difference for us. However first half was too many forced passes and uneccesary passes in the air that cost us a lot of possesion. Good thing it changed second half, Munoz talked sense into them.

Also PAO did great work to hold on to the lead, solid defense, and keeping possesion they did very very well not to be tempted into sending passes into the area, they were calm and played the game out confidently....again about time to see this.

Biscans injury in warmups was a blessing for us, I beleive wholeheartedly that we would have not won that game in with him. Tziolis came on and did fantastic defensive work - better than Biscan could have even dreamed of, and having Biscans slow pace would have not helped PAO at all. Thats my one criticsm for Munoz was Biscan being picked in the 11ada, thankfully it didnt hurt us.

PAO played a good second half, deserved a second goal and the win, great to see this again.

and atmosphere needless to say.....amazing B)

As for Olympiakos....age catches up. Thrinos has the fire and momentum in the begining of the season but it seems these guys just cant keep it going....theyre burning out and its only november.

overall PAO is improving, and lets hope for it to continue and take the title.

I'm not really sure where you PAO fans saw good football being played last night. Neither Olympiakos or Panathinaikos played well at all last night. Both teams were playing not to lose and used tactics that only youth teams use. Olympiakos would just hold the ball, passing it along in midfield without ever thinking about taking on PAO's defense (this was of course in great part to the one aspect of the game that PAO was amazing in, defensive organization with men always pressuring the ball and staying in their positions). Panathinaikos strategy appeared to be send the ball long to Salpi or Papadopoulos and pray that they can outrun the defense. Only when Victor started attacking more down the wings (Romero did this a little too) did they finally have a little success.

It is sad to see the two "class" teams of Greece playing a game like this. Yes it is a derby. Yes the stakes are high. Regardless, this display was pathetic. PAO created 3 to 4 somewhat chances. Olympiakos created 2 which only happened in the same fasi. All of this, not in one half, but over the whole game. PAO, in the end, slightly deserved their victory because of their bare minimum performance. Victor played pretty well, though not godlike as some fans of the prasini would have you believe. I wouldn't say this was his fault since he tried very hard to get his team to play in a proper fashion, actual passing. Unfortunately, his teammates could not help him, constantly blasting it forward.

As far as Sollied goes, if he wants to save his job, its time Okkas took Djole's place in the endekada. He could still use him to help steady the ship as a second half sub when his lack of pace wouldn't be as big of a problem. Also, the substitutions happened way too late to have any sort of effect on the game. One final note: I hate Kostoulas. He is an awful player who isn't good enough for mid-level teams in the Greek League. He works hard and has some decent games, but he is too limited to be effective. I am just praying Patsa comes back and takes over that spot because right now he is our only viable option (unless Oaddou wakes up).

Anyway, congrats PAO fans, you gave the Greek League new meaning. Lets see how it plays out.

Archived