• sergio markarian=would get us far in uefa
    • juan ramon rocha=also 1 of the best at pao
    • itzhak shoum=the double speaks for it self

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bajevic would be nice at this juncture.

He has several advantages.

1) he knows the Greek leage 2) he is the most successful coach in league history in terms of production everywhere he went - even paok won a cup under him 3) he only accepts a job if he has final say on all football matters so, no inteference from other "e3wgeneis paragontes" 4) He knows talent and eveywhere he worked he left teams that lasted. 5) he doesn't kiss anyone's behind (players, owners, or fans).

He only has a bad wrap because he chose to go to Olympiakos for way more money than he made at AEK where he was treated very badly by fans and owners at the time. Truth is, he is mostly hated because he turned the Olympiakos team from a joke to consistent champions.

He does have some dark spots in his record (the 7 goals against in CL being one of them), but he also has more bright spots than anyone else who would know the "Greek reality".

I understand that emotionally some fans might be turned off to him, but in the past we accepted Sarganis, Apostolakis, Vamvakoulas, Vlahos, and we even adored them after they became productive members of our club.

For the younger ones out there, Bajevic the player was a class act playing next to Mavros (his nickname "Prince" was coined because of his "arxontiko" style on the pitch).

From all the names that parade on the papers, he would be my first choice and I would give him a closed 3 year contract.

Bajevic would be nice at this juncture.

He has several advantages.

1) he knows the Greek leage 2) he is the most successful coach in league history in terms of production everywhere he went - even paok won a cup under him 3) he only accepts a job if he has final say on all football matters so, no inteference from other "e3wgeneis paragontes" 4) He knows talent and eveywhere he worked he left teams that lasted. 5) he doesn't kiss anyone's behind (players, owners, or fans).

He only has a bad wrap because he chose to go to Olympiakos for way more money than he made at AEK where he was treated very badly by fans and owners at the time. Truth is, he is mostly hated because he turned the Olympiakos team from a joke to consistent champions.

He does have some dark spots in his record (the 7 goals against in CL being one of them), but he also has more bright spots than anyone else who would know the "Greek reality".

I understand that emotionally some fans might be turned off to him, but in the past we accepted Sarganis, Apostolakis, Vamvakoulas, Vlahos, and we even adored them after they became productive members of our club.

For the younger ones out there, Bajevic the player was a class act playing next to Mavros (his nickname "Prince" was coined because of his "arxontiko" style on the pitch).

From all the names that parade on the papers, he would be my first choice and I would give him a closed 3 year contract.

I agree Cyberfish... and something else to point out also is that the only 2 years Olympiakos did well in Europe (1/8 and group stage but had 10 points) Bajevic was maanger. He'll make PAO solid!!! How about Anastasiadis as an option also?

to be honest, i really hope pao will get a good coach. if we want the greek football to be strong pao, aek and osfp have to be competitive on international level and, due to the budget, dominate the leage. paok has to finally find someone who will solve the financial problems and make the team stronger again.plus teams like xanthi, panionios, aris etc have to get some bigger pieces of the money-cake too so that they have the chance to built teams that will also grab points against the bigger teams.

if the new league will bring greek football forward will be seen in the future...

Grace,

I understand why AEK fans might be upset with Bajevic, but why do so many of our fans hate him? Can you, or someone explain it to me?

No one said he is swthras, nor that there is chaos after him, nor that he is the best coach in the world. I would simply argue that there are some compelling arguments why he could be a good fit, and no one has produced any logical explanation why he should not be considered.

Bajevic will NOT come to PAO. Not only because of his contract, but for a couple more reasons: Doesn't have the confidence of the fans and Tzigger would not risk another confrotation... so Tzigger will bring someone to at least make the fans excited again. I don't believe B. wants to come to PAO. He's using this as a ploy, to win his struggle with the owners of Red Star, to gain points for a possible position with the Greek nat'l team (post-Otto), and to boost his ego...

Fyllakouris will NOT come to PAO. Panachaiki won't let him, and why should this guy want (he may in his heart) to come back? He should have stayed till the end of the season. I trully believe with him PAO would have won the championship.

Anyway, I voted for Rotsa. This guy has great character, has been an outstanding player, loves PAO, has done this before, knows the Greek psycho, and I think he can elevate the team. As a coach, he selected the best players available. But, I don't know if he's interested right now.

POTE o bajevic ston PANATHINAIKO!!!!!!!!!!

De dexomai oti einai swtiras kai oti meta ap'ayton to xaos!!

This is the exact mentality which holds Greek football back! Not just at PAO but everywhere. Thyra 7 blocked the move for Basinas and Kyriakos, they would have been amazing signings for Olympiakos, but no! And now the team is suffering for it. And here we see PAO fans taking a dislike to a man that would help them... tut tut.

Filakouris would bring instant results and qualification to group stages of UEFA, but in the longer term (after week 10) the team's performance will start to drop again..

Markarian.. I hope he comes back but I have no hope..

Shum.. the luckiest ever coach at PAO who did nothing to win but came away with a double.. I have my doubts but if he still has his luck, why not?

I would tell something here that I already said around April/May.. Malesani should have remained in charge for this season.. <_<

Filakouris would bring instant results and qualification to group stages of UEFA, but in the longer term (after week 10) the team's performance will start to drop again..

Shum.. the luckiest ever coach at PAO who did nothing to win but came away with a double.. I have my doubts but if he still has his luck, why not?

I would tell something here that I already said around April/May.. Malesani should have remained in charge for this season.. <_<

right now i am also thinking something like this!

with malezani we would after tomorow have 12 points and have won atleast 3-0 or even higher in the uefa cup!

with malezani we would after tomorow have 12 points and have won atleast 3-0 or even higher in the uefa cup!

You PAO fans really make me laugh! I'm not sure whether you wanted Melasani head at the time but I know other PAO fans that did and now they wish he was still at the helm! Unbeleivable! Learn to give a manager a chance gamo to.

You PAO fans really make me laugh! I'm not sure whether you wanted Melasani head at the time but I know other PAO fans that did and now they wish he was still at the helm! Unbeleivable! Learn to give a manager a chance gamo to.
chance?

he got 1 year and nearly 3 months!

i did not ask u to reply my post and second i said i know that he would have had won all theese games but that dont mean i want him back!

third in 1 year solied will not be coach of youre club he will be long gone before that ;)

chance?

he got 1 year and nearly 3 months!

i did not ask u to reply my post and second i said i know that he would have had won all theese games but that dont mean i want him back!

well actually you said agreed with the dude that said

Malesani should have remained in charge for this season.. 

;) Anyway dont get hostile, if you read my posts regularly you'll know that I want the best for PAO.

I would tell something here that I already said around April/May.. Malesani should have remained in charge for this season..  <_<

this was my post!

not this

Malesani should have remained in charge for this season..

and please stop! cause the BEST for pao right now is something of a spark to start the engine! no one with love for pao would like us to be 12 points adrift of the top in 2 months from now yet again! that is why this was the best at this point ton try and stop that fool backe from ruining the players talent the clubs reputation and finally in case u did not know where are playing paok-iraklis(in thessaloniki)-aek-oly and ofcourse we will have a hard trip to ukraine B) .

POTE o bajevic ston PAO.........  :box:

no REAL pao fan wants him!

he has always been slepping with the enemy when he was in greece!(aek-frinos-paok)

we either need a TOP manager like cuper or someone with that kind of reputation(inside info say tsigger is going for someone huge) or a trusted former player-manager from our own club!

slick, ethnicisti really wants the best for Greek soccer and he puts forth his ideas, even if they are correct or wrong.. and believe me it's something very little number of fans here do.. they JUST complain.. "Tzigger is s%$#!.. Malesani was crap.. Shum was an idiot.. Markarian whines.." these complaints, at least some of them, are correct but new opinions or logical demands are not brought forward by many here.. so he may be a gauro but in terms of greek sccer, I respect his opinions even if they are most of the time opposite to mine..

this post will probably surprise many, I know.. :not:

by the way, I never stated Bajevic among candidates because Tzigger as someone earlier said, will never want further confrontation with the fans.. I don't want to dream too much but maybe Tzigger will get the crap out of his pockets this time and appoint a great coach.. tell me, who will complain about Adriaanse or Fernandez?? ;)

but I feel Filakouris will be given his chance this time and somewhere around week 24-25 when our beloved team falls 10-12 pts off the leaders, he will be booed out by the fans of the club whom he really loves.. :huh: hope I'm wrong, though..

slick, ethnicisti really wants the best for Greek soccer and he puts forth his ideas, even if they are correct or wrong.. and believe me it's something very little number of fans here do.. they JUST complain.. "Tzigger is s%$#!.. Malesani was crap.. Shum was an idiot.. Markarian whines.." these complaints, at least some of them, are correct but new opinions or logical demands are not brought forward by many here.. so he may be a gauro but in terms of greek sccer, I respect his opinions even if they are most of the time opposite to mine..

this post will probably surprise many, I know.. :not:

by the way, I never stated Bajevic among candidates because Tzigger as someone earlier said, will never want further confrontation with the fans.. I don't want to dream too much but maybe Tzigger will get the crap out of his pockets this time and appoint a great coach.. tell me, who will complain about Adriaanse or Fernandez?? ;)

but I feel Filakouris will be given his chance this time and somewhere around week 24-25 when our beloved team falls 10-12 pts off the leaders, he will be booed out by the fans of the club whom he really loves.. :huh: hope I'm wrong, though..

no u are wrong!

everytime our club underperforms like this and a new coach comes then things change dramaticly! it is quite amazing :D

That was what I said already some months ago...

It was an error to leave Malezani...

Malezani was one of the rare coaches.. to take the risk and play with young players........ this because he was not aware how impatients the Greek Fans are.

Greek Fans are not only impatients but also irrational ignoring the real facts in the international footbal scene..

So Malezanis only problem was Coincecao... he let him too long play...that was his error and valuable points were left there...

In order to play Coincecao.. Biscan had to play in the defense and Goumas on the bench...

If the Club in General had a bit more luck with that Transfer... Malezani would be still at PAO... and he would have continued his way ... , which was not bad looking......

nightsurfer is right......

If Conceicao and Biscan were what they where supposed to be we wouldnt be in such a bad state. Once Conceicao was gone from the team remember we went on a long winning streak and the bad performances stopped....ok we lost to Iraklis who won every home game they played...

and at least at times we saw some football.......if we could get the team to open up and play like that Wisla second half all season-----particularly with Bidis- no way we would have not won the league.

This is the exact mentality which holds Greek football back! Not just at PAO but everywhere. Thyra 7 blocked the move for Basinas and Kyriakos, they would have been amazing signings for Olympiakos, but no! And now the team is suffering for it. And here we see PAO fans taking a dislike to a man that would help them... tut tut.

not exactly. it is very good to have character, to be loyal to your club and rate your values higher than success or money. actually this is a good thing.

but i didnt understand olympaikos fans being against basinas. the same fans kissed nikopolidis and konstantinou when they came. was konstantinou that much less pao than basinas?? kiriakos was another issue because of his brawl with giovani.

we either need a TOP manager like cuper or someone with that kind of reputation(inside info say tsigger is going for someone huge) or a trusted former player-manager from our own club!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Do you want a bet that PAO dont get Cuper... or someone of similar reputation??? WHY WOULD HE GO??? TO GET SACKED AFTER 4 GAMES BY... PAO?!?! That would do the world of good for his future job prospects wouldnt it. <_<

not exactly. it is very good to have character, to be loyal to your club and rate your values higher than success or money. actually this is a good thing.

Why would Bajevic be disloyal to the club though?? Because he's managed Olympiakos, PAOK and AEK?

Archived