Phantis Forums

The end of an era?

dark_horse

The title of the article has hit the proka on the kefali!

"Rehhagel's tactics will drive Greece down".

Some people think we should be mute and let Otto run rough shot with his current managing of the ethniki.

I am not one of them and I getting sick of our NT team being reduced to a bunch of amateurs by a failing Otto.

I call for a new manager to inject some spirit and life back into a faded squad.

Call me axaristos, but at least I realise that no one should come before the NATIONAL TEAM!

I agree with the rest of the article...

Here's the thing though.. My question is what is EPO doing about our recent results?

Are they looking into this and questioning some of histatics or saying something like "Hey! We haven't won a match for a while here.. lewts change that!"

Know what I mean? Look at the damn Brits. They see their NT not doing that well so what do they do? They put pressure on their coach and next thign you know is that he's going to step down..

Something needs to be done and someone needs to take responsibility and react in order to fix this..

We're talking about National Pride here :gr:

It's important to read the part about Giorgios Samaras. Everybody is starting to jump on the Samaras bandwagon when they hear his name. Almost every Greek thinks he's our "Lord and Saviour" of Greek football. For heaven sakes he's only 21, slowly he's maturing to become a good striker, not a GREAT striker. Look at Charisteas, at that time the whole perception thinks he was suppose to be the "next best thing" for Greece. He was becoming a quality goal scorer during the years of 2001-2004, all of the sudden he's becoming a wasted talent after there Euro 2004 championship. If Samaras can live up the hype what most people say he is, will he truly become BETTER than Charisteas? :gr: :gr:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cyyzjetman

lets all not get carried away. the biggest part in sports is attitude. greece lost that. they were on the high and they were hot. with a little more toughness up front they can be a much better team. they need fire power. they lack that. there a good defending team.as you can see, there not getting blown away when they loose. (high scoring games) some people tell me that thats it for greece. they will be the same as they were in world cup 94. mind you they arnt as bad now as then. much much improved team. will see how they perform in the next euro 08.

Against Australia all round we didn't play too well, especailly upfront. But I wouldn't make it seem too bad. As for the people who think Otto's tatics will drive us down, I suggest for you to consider what will drive us up exactly. This is our most optimal way of playing, I just can't see us playing any better any other way. Let's be realistic, we never had the world's most talented bunch. So we work with what we can. Thing is at the moment we are not exploiting what we have to its optimal. This mostly concerns our tall, strong, big and fast front man. They need to step it up, otherwise we are hopeless. Salpigidis won more balls in the air than Charisteas and Samaras combined, the guy is half their height. Funny thing is he is terrible at heading. I don't know what to say.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully not qualifying for WC 06 and watching a new genaration of young stars excel, will give Otto a new perspective. Scout and Trust the young Greek players! Lagos Darlas Tavlaridis Tziolis Samaras Alexopoulos, if not in the Endekada(not all of them) they must be on the bench not in some cafenio.

Archived