Phantis Forums

Czech Republic

dark_horse

Czech Republic squad

Goalkeepers: Jaromir Blazek (AC Sparta Praha), Petr Cech (Chelsea FC), Antonin Kinsky (FC Saturn Ramenskoye).

Defenders: Marek Jankulovski (AC Milan), Martin Jiranek (FC Spartak Moskva), Radoslav Kovac (FC Spartak Moskva), Pavel Mares (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), David Rozehnal (Paris Saint-Germain FC), Tomas Ujfalusi (AFC Fiorentina), Zdenek Grygera (AFC Ajax).

Midfielders: Tomas Galasek (AFC Ajax), Pavel Nedved (Juventus FC), Jan Polak (1. FC Nurnberg), Tomas Rosicky (BV Borussia Dortmund), Vladimir Smicer (FC Girondins de Bordeaux), Karel Poborsky (Dynamo Ceske Budejovice), David Jarolim (Hamburger SV), Jaroslav Plasil (AS Monaco FC).

Forwards: Milan Baros (Aston Villa FC), Marek Heinz (Galatasaray SK), Vratislav Lokvenc (SV Austria Salzburg), Jiri Stajner (Hannover 96), Jan Koller (BV Borussia Dortmund).

Say didn't ex-Panathinaikos player Rudofl Skacel make the cut? :whistle:

There are some new faces as compared to the Euro 2004. I think with a little luck they can go far in the competition. Luck is something they did not have in 2004 against Greece in the semifinals of Euro 2004. B)

That Greek-Czech player happens to be Sverkos.

He's not in the squad as we know it.

As you mentioned about Poborsky Ziaka, he was going to retire from EURO 2004. Instead, he wanted to taste a World Cup apperance, in which he has already.

No it's not Sverkos, and as far as I can tell it was never confirmed that Sverkos is of Greek origin.

I am talking about Marek Jankulovki. Not technichaly Greek, since his father Pando changed his name from Jankulis to Jankulovski once he supposedly discovered his Slavo-Macedonian roots. This happened when Pando Jankulovski came to Czechoslovakia from Greece after the civil war. He was a player on several Czech first division teams. He and my father along with other Greeks and Slavs talked politics over a beer on many occasions at a local pub in Ostrava.

This is a reason why I said "Greek" and not Greek.

I believe that the Czechs have a better team than Italy, so they have a good chance they will finish 1st in their group.

well see about that!

this is a new italy...and if they play what they are capable of and continue the good form they will go to the finals. or unless Moreno referes again :LOL:

Archived