Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

also Anderson is back with Atromitos (former Xalkidona)

we might not need him but what if we run into injuries/suspensions?

not need him?!! :o

back ups are impotant parts of contender teams and Anderson may still be very useful considering the absence of Andric and Leontiou...

3 DMs for 2 places is not what drives a team forward.. (Biscan't, Bovio and Tziolis)

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always been of the opinion that PAO should gather all the top Greek players to form a solid unit. Salpigidis is such player and I don't care how much we pay to get him (I like it when people spend money to please me :whistle: ) I did not like to see Lagos go to AEK, but the kid like he realy wanted to go there.

I agree with most here that we should not be giving-up useful Greek players though. I would not mind sending anyone from this group to PAOK: Sanmartean, Seric, Tsigas, Biscan, Anderson, Theodoridis, but players like Leontiou and Charalabidis have proven that can help our team.

On the other hand I remember thinking it was a mistake to trade away Nassiopoulos and Halkias a while back...

I would be very excited to see Salpigidis in green, and I would love to see him playing next to Gekas. This is an upgrade for our team that would increase the competition up front.

Thinking out loud here, let's see a likely formation:

-------------Galinovic----------------

Vintra---Morris--Antonsson--Darlas

--------------Bovio-------------------

---------Ivansic----Romero----------

Victor------------------Papadopoulos

------Gekas/Salpigidis/Mantzios----

I don't know if Salpigidis can play as a lone striker. If not, where would he play? I think we need to build some bridges with Gekas, renew his contract with more money than we paid Gonzales, and get Salpigidis to play as a second striker (I think he would be an upgrade over Papadopoulos).

Whatever happens, there will be some first-rate names on the bench this year! Personally, I would love to see the above formation, but looking at our right side I have doubts that Victor and Ivansic would be helping Vintra much on defense (maybe Romero on the right would be more helpful). Unless Bovio is superman I see us using two DM and someone up front would be on the bench...

A couple days more and we will know...

gkekas wont play for pao ever again..... this is 100%...

as for the torgelle thing.... he will be a loan deal... we will buy him off crystal palace and loan him to paok, so if fires at paok we can always have him in green again....

i personally believe torgelle is better than gkekas and salpi combined.... but at pao was never given a chance under m#$%!zani!!!! :angry:

Tzigger asked him to renew his contract...... worth double what he is on currently.... and he declined.... (in his mind...being that he was top scorer in a season... he thought he was worth more..)...

BUT WE FINISHED 3rd!!!!!!!!

apparently the reports are that he wont play for pao again.... and if he doesnt find another team... he will sit on the sidelines until his current contract expires!!!

for once i agree with Tzigger on this.... piss him off...

1.8 million but the overall cost will exceed 2.5 million. Torgelle, Tsigkas and Charalambidis are to move to Thessaloniki.

can anyone else confirm the players going to Paok?? if it these guys then im quite happy because b4 this deal was going on we didnt even know that we owned torgelle and lets face it tsigkas wasnt going to get much time either... Only player that will kinda hurt us is bidis, but we have victor and nillsson on that side...

1.8 million but the overall cost will exceed 2.5 million. Torgelle, Tsigkas and Charalambidis are to move to Thessaloniki.

can anyone else confirm the players going to Paok?? if it these guys then im quite happy because b4 this deal was going on we didnt even know that we owned torgelle and lets face it tsigkas wasnt going to get much time either... Only player that will kinda hurt us is bidis, but we have victor and nillsson on that side...

i have the same understanding from this deal....I think its petty good deal for us..

all players are on loan

I think it's too early to tell. Despite having lots of time to prepare this year (not having to play qualifying games for the CL), we didn't seem ready judging from the friendlies.

Now, we have 6-7 new players out of the starting 11 that haven't played or trained together all that long..... Yeah, we're rebuilding again...

I think it's too early to tell. Despite having lots of time to prepare this year (not having to play qualifying games for the CL), we didn't seem ready judging from the friendlies.

Now, we have 6-7 new players out of the starting 11 that haven't played or trained together all that long..... Yeah, we're rebuilding again...

we're rebuilding with better players i believe...which should be better for us... it shouldnt make the rebuilding painful...

we had a very good offseason, which should make us look forward to this season

A lot of $$$ for Salpi in terms of paid contracts and loans.

Bidis will be on loan until Jan 2008, and will become free after that, since his PAO contract ends then.

Tsigas will be on loan for one year.

Torghelle will be a PAOK player for 3 years, but PAO paid the transfer fee and his first year salary.

Great relief for me personally, that LEONTIOU was not involved in the loan, as previously speculated. I love the guy and believe he has a future at PAO.

Gekas f*** up by leaking the news and will become another scapegoat like Antonis in this totalitarian regime of fear, Tzigger is running at PAO.

This is a good deal overall because PAO needs quality and passion, something that Salpi has. He is also a leadership type player with good character (so far), PAO needs that as well.

Salpi, Papa will be the strongest GREEK attack. With the hope that Victor will feed them, and Gonzo will serve them, PAO should be more apt to scoring than in the recent past.

With this trade PAO did not lose any players that were not already replaced.

Only time will show if Salpi is worth the fuss.

I think he will at least give 110%, just like he did for PAOK and our Ethnikh whenever called, he is that kind of guy.

Will that be enough?

PEACE

To make it clear: I like what I've seen in transfers so far. And, I'm glad that we didn't lose Leontiou--a very promising young talent.

I don't know much about Tzigas to judge him, but I see the need for young players to have playing time, get more experience and sharpen their skills. It's better to be on loan and play on another team than to sit on the bench with no game minutes.

To get this clear,you guys got 1 player(salpigidi),paid 1.7-1.8m,gave Paok 3 players with there contracts paid by you plus you are losing gekas because he did not want to be a part of this deal.Is that right or i am losing something? :blink:

Salpingidis seals capital switch

Panathinaikos FC have moved just before the close of the Greek transfer window to bring striker Dimitrios Salpingidis to Athens from PAOK FC in a 1.8m Euros domestic record deal which sees Sandor Torghelle, Athanassios Tsigas and Konstantinos Charalambidis move in the opposite direction.

Four-year deal

The 10-times capped Greek international, who turns 25 on Friday, has signed a four-year contract with the UEFA Cup contenders. He said: "I am very happy to join a big, ambitious club. I will give my best for Panathinaikos, the way I have done all these years for PAOK."

Fond memories

Salpingidis, who scored 50 goals in 103 league appearances for PAOK over six seasons, had earlier issued a statement saying: "I know that PAOK will benefit from my transfer in these difficult circumstances. I will never forget that I made a name for myself playing for PAOK and I will always have fond memories of my stay here."

Posted Image

Archived