Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

Wat a disgrace!  :tdown:

:gr:

its not just pao though...if all goes well for olympiakos they will only have max. 3 greeks on side...stoltidis and mixalakis and maybe kafes...

as for paos defence you love to bash. is olympiakos that much better?

ouaddou and anatolakis are not better than morris and antonsson! goumas has proven his worth, cesar has yet to show his. kotsios is better or equal to kostoulas.

on the wings its form-related. its hard to say which team is better. at the moment zewlakow seems good on the right and olympiakos may have a slight edge. this can change over the season though. lets see what vyntra and nillson will show in the next weeks. i rate them higher than pantos in any case. on the left, lets see if darlas cant be better than domi or bulut. also there is still seric, whom i rate highly...

in def. mid oly has stoltidis and no one else. pao has biscan and bovio, who seems great. plus the tziolis you love to hate and possibly anderson.

the only player that oly may have up their sleeve is patsa. if he regains his old form, which is not implying as of now, then their defense would receive a major boost.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apparently Gkekas career with Pao is over..... if he doesnt go to PAOK he will do what he did with Nikopolidis and have him sit the whole season on the sidelines :(

alos the latest offer for Salp = Sanmaertean, theodoridis, tsikas, gekas + 1.5m

have they lost the plot?

i just had a look at your roster today and you too have quite a lot of players. 32 all in all. with this offer they could send some young players to another team to get some experience, get a good offensive player and if the loaned players did well at paok, they can come back and play again for pao, otherwise they will be sold. plus you would have 29 players after that move...

just a thought... but i still think tzigouni just wants him because we and aek want him... ;)

alos the latest offer for Salp = Sanmaertean, theodoridis, tsikas, gekas + 1.5m

Are we talking about a 25-year-old Greek striker who is yet to make a big impact for NT and in Europeean Competitions, or is this guy's name something like Salpindinho?? :LOL:

yeah......Salpiggidis is seriosuly no better than Gkekas...yet we will give cash one young prospect striker, one great striker, 2 backup midfielders (who we may need you never knwo) for him......

Samatean is released im pretty sure, so hopefully that rumor is wrong...lose Tsigkas, Gkekas and Anderson, Thedoridis for Salpiggidis? AND PAY???

Question:

Who is crazier here - PAE Panathinaikos

or

PAE PAOK Thessalonikis?

Im hoping PAOK is stupid enough to keep Salpiggidis....or hopefully Salpi will go to Thrinos since it will change nothing for them....The guy is good but nowhere near that good!!!

@ Zigic ------ maybe its true since there leading point man got injured.....it wouldnt bother me hes kinda overated though he is very tall.

this is a move so he doesnt go to the geys...it doesnt do anything for the team...But i will say this to Tzigger...

If your willing to give paok 1.5 mil, why not spend the money on an ass kicking defender???

you don t like the last year first scorer of the greek league???1.5 is now a lot????you would not say that if he was brazilian or dutch but because he is greek???Do i remind you anyone?????Yourself like a week ago in the osfp forum about the same subject???????1.5 plus 3 players and still a nope...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Drakos,

Invasictz is a great get.... he's an awsome player.... he just lacks a slight defensive side to his game.... ie Samatean(which makes u think why he was never given a go.....) :blink:

As for gkekas.... i dont think we should be giving that much to paok for salpi.... but im kinda happy gkekas isnt in our plans anymore.... he is not PAO standard... xazo-goalis at best.....

crazy - Gkekas was the league leading scorer the last season before that....and was what tied for second last year?

As for Karagkounis hopes dont count on them....Just saw him on tv and no team from Greece or anywhere else has been involved in trying to get him, it was all a load of BS from the media....

Trifilara -

Gkekas is an extremely useful player to have. If the team is in bad form in finishing, or needs that last minute goal to steal a win put him on the field and hell get it for you. He is a xazo-gkolis some strikers are like this yeah they just have a nack for finding tons of goals- so what? Is that not useful? Inzaghi is the same type of player as Gkekas (except obvioulsy much better, scaled up) he gets thos finishes when the team needs them even if theyre not pretty and occasionally he does make them look nice.....Gkekas also is great with his head...If we want to take Salpiggidis and start over him is one thing but every team needs this category of player at least on the bench in case things go wrong.

Trifilara -

Gkekas is an extremely useful player to have. If the team is in bad form in finishing, or needs that last minute goal to steal a win put him on the field and hell get it for you. He is a xazo-gkolis some strikers are like this yeah they just have a nack for finding tons of goals- so what? Is that not useful? Inzaghi is the same type of player as Gkekas (except obvioulsy much better, scaled up) he gets thos finishes when the team needs them even if theyre not pretty and occasionally he does make them look nice.....Gkekas also is great with his head...If we want to take Salpiggidis and start over him is one thing but every team needs this category of player at least on the bench in case things go wrong.

i guess we agree to disagree.....

In my opinion ... Salpi is an all round better striker than gkeka... both in finishing and striker smarts.....

Most of Gkekas goals .... are nothing goals.... what has he done it big games???? :blink:

We wont see him again in a green shirt.... he is playing hardball with his contract.... and we know where that leads u considering what tzigger has done in the past.... and in all honesty i will agree with the PAE on this issue.... Fanh is in no position to be taking this stance.... YES he was our top scorer ....

in a season which ment NOTHING!!!!

Trifilara -

i guess we agree to disagree.....

In my opinion ... Salpi is an all round better striker than gkeka... both in finishing and striker smarts.....

Most of Gkekas goals .... are nothing goals.... what has he done it big games???? :blink:

We wont see him again in a green shirt.... he is playing hardball with his contract.... and we know where that leads u considering what tzigger has done in the past.... and in all honesty i will agree with the PAE on this issue.... Fanh is in no position to be taking this stance.... YES he was our top scorer ....

in a season which ment NOTHING!!!!

oh goals are nothing goals....so what you dont want them? ..... most strikers score nothing goals thats what they DO. Not everybody scores beautiful goals a striker that finishes what he can get inside the box is doing his job. Hes a very useful player.

Salpiggiids? most of his goals last year were penalty kicks! The rest are almost exactly the same as Gkekas'!!! :blink: and yes Gkekas has had some classy inside finishes and is great and freeing himself in the box, and is quick and can make dribbels... people just thrash him because he occasionally misses a big chance...so what ive seen Salpiggidis miss big ones often too and Mixalakhs was worshiped while missing chances as if he were Karagkiozis himself! Gkekas is definitly a great player to have around at least on the bench.

How many big games has Gkekas played! he been here one and a half seasons!!! He didnt even play most of last season and hit 15...Oh and now it doesnt matter because the season was a failure...what are you talking about man when he came back to the squad the team went on a long winning streak, actually regained some respect and was challenging for the CL spot...

And for big games last year he did score a nice indidual effort in Karaiskaki... and put one away vs AEK although it was cancelled for "offside" :whistle: thats 2 derby goals...more than Papadopoulos has done in a while yet people cry when hes leaving... Him and Pap worked great together, Papa creating and Gkekas finishing.....but now we are ditching Gkeka, and playing garbage 4-5-1 ....

by nothing goals i mean goals that didnt make a difference.... ie he scored against good oposition when we where loosing... when it didnt count.... and he scored his most goals against weak teams...

to para travas to thema file....

at the end of the day.... if u ask most PAO fans to really tell u if they care about gkekas leaving..... most will say they dont...

u like him... i dont....

like i said we agree to disagree... :not:

@ Drakos and Trifilara.

You both made some very good points. Personally I would agree with Trifillara that Salpi is better than Gekas, however, Drakos is right to say that Gekas deserves his place in the squad. He's been getting goals for Trifillara, regardless if it was against weak opposition. Teams lose the league title because they cant put away small opposition! Having said all this, if a club like PAO is to fulfil its potential it needs better forwards than Gekas. If you compare Gekas to other forwards in the league i.e. Konstantinou, Okkas, Lyperopoulos, Salpi, D. Papadopoulos I'd say that Gekas comes bottom of that list.

oh please Gkekas at the bottom? vs the KATSIKI OKKAS!?!?!?!

you love him because you are a cypriot gavros.....ok we get it. but the man and his counterpart Kotadinou cant hit the target from 1 meter away and have been notorious for these types of misses....As a winger he can dribble and has decent vision but a striker when you need a goal to take 3 points away from a match desperatley Gkekas is your man.... ok if he doesnt start then he can definitly play super sub....whats wrong with that? Except that when he does he ends up forcing a full start!

trifialara -----i agree to disagree whatever but ill still contest you the points you made about his scoring because i dont like it when people try to rate a player by the teams he scores against in the league...if there all in the same league than its totally fair IMO- you say as if scoring a goal was easier and because we were already losing in one match it means nothing.... its not as if OSFP werent trying after winning 3-1...

Yes most of his goals were against weak teams but who do we play? He has scored against pretty much all the teams in the league! and hes only started about what 35games and has 23 goals .He hardly got any time in europe, and was out of form then anyways with the rest of the team in that early part of the season. A good goalscorer will continue to score even and even scoring vs weaker teams is really not that easy.

I meam lets not forget PAO in the time hes been here PAO hadbeen totally out of form when they got him and that changed when he came, and then when he returned to the team last year we went on a winning streak finally....its only been 1.5 years. He definitly deserves a break in this situation.

anyways thats my last word on this if you dont like Gkekas as a player/technical reasons ill accept that but i dont beleive in the concept that not having scored in many big games affects him as a player...

crazy.... have you forgotten what Gkekas has done in the past 3 yrs???? apparantly so... if it werent for all the penalty shots you would never have anyone in the top 5 in scoring....

this move does not make any sense.... i'd rather he become a gavro(Salpi).... they need him more than PAO does at the moment...

2 weeks before the season & THIS..... :blink:

we dont need THIS...TZIGGER EISAI M@L@K@S

Archived