Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

Andreas Ivanschtz could be a good prospect, even though we are signing him on loan, we can see him for a year and then decide to buy him from Red Bull Salsburg who paid 4 million euros in January 2006 to Rapid Vienna. If he is the captain of Austria at age 23, he must be very talented. So after this signing our lineup could look like this.

Galinovits

Nilson Antonsson Morris Seric

Victor Biscan Bovio

Papadopoulos Ivanschtz Romero

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ivanschitz looks promising.

No one would be happier than ME to see Karagounaro back at PAO.

He has been my favorite player since the last good PAO teams of 2001-3 and a great guy too.

He will be the impact midfielder PAO is looking for.

PEACE

We have to get Karagouna, he'd be perfect in this kind of formation:

-----------------------------Galinovic

---Vintra----------Goumas--------Antonson-----------Darlas

------------------------------Biscan

-----------Victor------------------------------------Bovio

---------------------------Karagouni

---Papadopoulo---------------------------------------Romero

We have to get Karagouna, he'd be perfect in this kind of formation:

-----------------------------Galinovic

---Vintra----------Goumas--------Antonson-----------Darlas

------------------------------Biscan

-----------Victor------------------------------------Bovio

---------------------------Karagouni

---Papadopoulo---------------------------------------Romero

bovio is a dmid....meaning hed take the place of that peice of trash biscan....

also i wish we were playing a diamond in midfield.... but instead we are playing the trash 4-5-1/4-4-3 under backe......if we played partering Gkekas/Mantzios/Pap wed have possibilities of ogod offense again...Gkekas plays fantastic with a partner (weather it was Mantzios, Pap, or even with Mixalhs......but then again Super Backe will have the team from amateur to ready for the season in the next 8 days im sure... :tdown:

So far it looks like:

-----------------Galinovic---------------

Vintra----Antonson---Morris----Darlas

-------------Bovio-------Biscan---------

Victor----------Ivansits------Romero--

------------Pap/Mantzios/Gekas-------

Maybe two Greek players start. We don't have a forward that can hold his own up front (maybe Mantzios will develop into one). Let's hope that the three offensive midfielders give him lots of support.

heres what it should look like

------------Galinovic---------

Vintra-------Antonsson-----Morris/Gkoumas-----DARLAS not SERIC

-------------------------Bovio-----------------

Victor/Bidis-----------Austro-slav man-------Romero

---------------PAP------------------GKEKAS/MANTZIOS

if we played with 2 strikers (like we should) and with Darlas the team would seem more greek.....in fact we need a greek coach....FYLAKOURIS- somebody who just loves this team and knows the youth, league, and is eager to give his players chances..... Bakce probably only took this job for the loukoumades!!!

i like the fact we are starting a season with many players have not been given a full chance to prove themself such as Tsigkas, Theodoridis - i mean yes lets be honest theyre not going to be big in the season but as first team members we should have enough friendlies scheduled were these guys can also be given a full chance to play 90 mins....it can only help and motivate them and maybe make the team competitve.....b

I Sortive agree with drakos but Morris will definetly start and same with Victor. I dunno seric can give darlas a run for his money but i would like to see more greeks on the field. Good lineup Drakos13. A very talented one now lets juss see if the players can gel as the seson goes on.

By the way has anyone heard Gekas and money going to paok for Salpigidis. Could be good!?

Gkekas & Anderson + 1.5mill EU for Salpi....... is our lattest offer...

Apparently gkekas has refused to move to paok.... so it might get tricky...

Personally i dont mind at all if gkekas is swapped... for me he is not up to PAO standard...... and paok will be stupid to refuse such an offer......

lets see.... :blink:

wow where do people here this stuff?

I think thats quite possibly the shittiest offer ever. Lose Gkekas, Anderson and 1.5 million for Salpiggidi.......Why the hell should Gkekas have to leave? Hes been here 1.5 years and scored 23 goals...Overall over the years averages what 16 goals a year including his time at Kallithea?

The man is a great goalscorer which this team needs, amd hes defiinitly a classier finisher than Salpi....and has more moves...as a lone striker yeah hes not fantastic like the last games but with a partner he tears up the nets!!!

Peopple hate Gkekas because he misses an occasional good opportunity....So what he just goes on puts a different one in....and its not like Inzaghi, Gilardino players who score buckets dont do the same....even Salpiggidis misses the occasional easy chance ....

The man is a great goalscorer which this team needs, amd hes defiinitly a classier finisher than Salpi....and has more moves...as a lone striker yeah hes not fantastic like the last games but with a partner he tears up the nets!!!

What drugs are u on drakos??

ur calling gkekas classy??? :LOL: that word and gkekas should never be used in the same sentence......

salpi is far far classier than gkekas.... and he CAN finish...

gkekas is a xazo-golis...

thats my opinion anyway......

don't get me wrong, but slowly i think that pao just wants to get salpigidis so that we don't buy him. pao has already a very good offense with mantzios, pap, gkekas, sanchez, romero (so far in the friendlies), eki. i don't think you really need him. neither do we honestly. but i wouldn't mind getting him. B)

this is a move so he doesnt go to the geys...it doesnt do anything for the team...But i will say this to Tzigger...

If your willing to give paok 1.5 mil, why not spend the money on an ass kicking defender???

What drugs are u on drakos??

ur calling gkekas classy??? :LOL: that word and gkekas should never be used in the same sentence......

salpi is far far classier than gkekas.... and he CAN finish...

gkekas is a xazo-golis...

thats my opinion anyway......

i have seen Gkekas have some really nice finishes and a lot of garbage finishes.....Salpiggidis is all garbage finishes to be honest they are pretty much the same player except there is ZERO comparison that Gkekas is way more useful in the air he is great with his head as well as feet..... and the guy just tied a club record last year cut him a break......

I mean Mixalakhs was missing open net after easy chance and people were singing his name and cursing the management for not wasting money on him...but when it happens to Mixalh its bad luck and people aplauded and chant his name, for Gkekas hes crap......yeah right..

Salpiggidis would not change the team in any way, hed be useless in Backe's system as a loan striker because of his height and little arial abbility, and wont be on the right side because of Victor.....

besides this is just a sportime rumor, and it mentioned Gkekas would go as loan... so no worries about it happening.

bar7.....we dont need a defender. Antonsson, Morris are solid (Morris hopefully with a good partner will regain the form that we all remember was fantastic so hes definitly worthy) and Darlas is good, Vyntra has gotten better though hes a bit weak....

we need just a regular midfielder----anybody to replace shitty Biscan and Tziolis they are the 2 weakest players/positions on the squad hands down.

Our managements is fuct!

we are doing stuff that hasnt improved the team at all we bought a midfield and striker to fix a problem we never had. Our prob is defense!

Another malak1a is this whole Salpi offer. we are doing it so he doesnt go to the Gays funny thing is if we do get him and Paok get Gkekas and Anderson whats to say Paok dont sell Gkekas to the Gays anyways?

If this does go thru u watch Gkekas will be in the red and white!

Also why arent we chasing Karagounis? Why didnt we chase Udeze? we could of done with both of them now Aek will get Kara and they have Udeze.

My prediction if we dont get a defender is 3rd place this year.....

I rate Gekas above Salpigidis and I don't understand how our first scorer gets so little love from the fans. Last year he scored 15 goals while playing only 10 complete games (the rest he was substituted, or he came in as substitute). Let's not forget that our midfield was not an assist-giving machine either (Drakos mentioned another ex-player that every time he did not score, the midfield was blamed for not providing enough assists).

Tziolis has been mentioned a few times, and I agree that he has not been reliable. However he is the younger of our regular starters (only 21 last season), so let's cut him some slack.

As for Salpigidis, I would welcome more competition up front. He has good qualities and he could be useful either as a starter or as a substitute. I don't see it happening though.

Personally I would love to see us obtain another right fullback. I don't have much faith that Vintra can cover the position any more. Maybe we can try Haralabidis a couple of times to see if the can learn the position (Seitaridis was a converted midfielder, and Vintra was a center back/DM).

Having said all that, I am not sure players or formations would make much difference. It does not seem so far that the team has been preparing at a professional level. I hope to be wrong, as bad performances in the friendly games can be the result of rigorous exercise, but I don't like the fact that we played only a limited amount of meaningful friendlies. Last year was the same and we wasted the first part of the season experimenting with players and positions.

I rate Gekas above Salpigidis and I don't understand how our first scorer gets so little love from the fans. Last year he scored 15 goals while playing only 10 complete games (the rest he was substituted, or he came in as substitute). Let's not forget that our midfield was not an assist-giving machine either (Drakos mentioned another ex-player that every time he did not score, the midfield was blamed for not providing enough assists).

Tziolis has been mentioned a few times, and I agree that he has not been reliable. However he is the younger of our regular starters (only 21 last season), so let's cut him some slack.

As for Salpigidis, I would welcome more competition up front. He has good qualities and he could be useful either as a starter or as a substitute. I don't see it happening though.

Personally I would love to see us obtain another right fullback. I don't have much faith that Vintra can cover the position any more. Maybe we can try Haralabidis a couple of times to see if the can learn the position (Seitaridis was a converted midfielder, and Vintra was a center back/DM).

Having said all that, I am not sure players or formations would make much difference. It does not seem so far that the team has been preparing at a professional level. I hope to be wrong, as bad performances in the friendly games can be the result of rigorous exercise, but I don't like the fact that we played only a limited amount of meaningful friendlies. Last year was the same and we wasted the first part of the season experimenting with players and positions.

MONEY :tup:

however ill disagree on Tziolis- hes young, but hes garbage with the ball. The guy is a physical presence and hes playing in Backes system as a regular (as opposed to a holding) midfielder......meaning he has to get involved on offense.....hes clumsy, slow and poor touch and horrendous vision (i am seriously a smarter passer than this guy) and yeah hes big and a tackler but he should be in a Gattuso style role or even just train as a centerback! The guy is totally unfit for being anywhere further up than a stopper...Its just him not his age. And contrary to that wondergoal vs Larisa I have to say, he blows at shooting---like incredibly amateur. That game with Larisa he had maybe 4 shots and it was if it was like a 5th division defender was shooting them...even in warmups the guy has no shot, no pass....just physical presence. Hes being completly misused and even in that case he still isnt good enough to start ---especially every game!!!

xxx18t

our problem is not defense-----its playing football...Antonsson has changed the face of the defense so far- hes a great signing. however with biscan/tziolis in the midfield who turnover the ball like crazy, arent particularly great at defensive mdifield, and cuz of them often the back line is made to look like the malakes.......Antonsson seemed to bring out the old Morris last game...Morris we know is a great and capable player..just had a s%$#! season lsat year.

bar7---true if antonson is injured seriously we are in trouble....we should have snagged Papazaxarias from Iraklis who is good/young who can backup now and start when he gets older...

harsh but true....its like trying to put Papadopoulos as a centerback....hes just not right for that position, especially when partnered with an aliti like Biscan.. or actualy more like putting Shaq as a Shooting Guard :LOL:

i just heard (unkown source) that the offer is 1.5 mil, Gkekas (loan), Anderson & Theodoridis for Salpiggidis....... thats just ridiculous.

Archived