Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK - Panathinaikos

Ziaka

On Saturday PAOK hosts Panathinaikos at Toumba in front of empty stadium. Tough game for PAOK as Panathinaikos will not want to drop points. Additionaly Zagorakis will not be able to play in this games, since he has reached a card limit.

Also making it tough is the fact that the game will be played without fans, although there are statistics pointing out that PAOK usualy get a favourable result, when they play without fans.

The game will be available on Supersport in Greece, and on ERT-Sat in North America and Australia.

My prediction for this game is a 1-1 tie.

Yes very interesting article indeed.

It should also be noted that teams that don't support the Super League are also receiving some of the worst officiating.

I would hope that the result is not predetermined as you say, but then again let's not forget who was behind the scam in the Tryntafyllopoulos tapes, where PAOK players were loaded up with yellow cards in a game against OFI, so they would not be able to play against Panathinaikos.

I wish for one season they could bring an all english reffing crew for every single game and send the Greek refs to england.

I would love to see the final standings in Greece, but even more see how many Greek refs would last the season.

English refs are professional and are paid so, maybe the Greeks would improve b/c they wouldn't have to take the extra bribes on the side.

Greek officiating is disgusting. :tdown: :tdown: I would rather watch pick up soccer at the park than waste time watching a predetermined game!!

Athlitiki Kyriaki's segment where they show a mistakes by the ref could realistically last the whole 3 hours.

I am not sure why they do not clean up the game. Well, I shouldn't say I am not sure $$$$$$$$$

With regards to bringing in foreign refs, I think it's a very fair suggestion. In fact I would try and take it a few steps further. I would sack everyone in EPO and get German or French or Dutch administrators in there to run the show. Maybe that would help clean things up.

Anyway, we're getting off topic here. I think PAOK will lose this game 2-0 or 3-1. Shikabala will score again for PAOK. Man, I hope they don't lose that kid.

What a boring game. It appeared that wo was going to score first would have won. I knew PAOK was in bad shape, but what excuse did PAO have?

Seriously, I should have switched to the Bolton game as well.

Archived