Phantis Forums

AEK - Proodeftiki 3-0

Irlandos

a good result. i feared this game becuase of the tendancy for teams like proo to use mass defense- but we showed poise and put the game away.

what i do not like is that, now, since geo is out, okkas has been moved to the left wing- where he gets touches ver far from the area, where he is not extremely useful. but this is details

Quite an interesting match.....just quickly, Nitesurfer, comments like that are meaningless unless we actually win the title. I dont beleive we should read into that too much (similar to those crappy awards a few weeks ago). If we are the best, then we should win the title.

To the game,

Like Kostas I was worried about this game. Not for the opponent but just now every game is cut-throat so any dropped points and basically things are going to hurt us. I think in one word : clinical.

This was as good as I have seen my AEKara all year. We passed with confidence, we created space, we chased, we created options, received the ball and gave it and run....played the wings brilliantly.

Tsiartas was superb. Nothing short of brilliant. Lakis great early..Nails always dangerous and Okkas well, had a good game but not a great one. Like Kostas, I said that he plays too deep and I dont like that.

Best player : Tsiartas. No words for his performance.

Sunexise AEKara mas....

OM21..... not the words...count much ...but the action.....

And the action was good yesterday...... I was the first , who blamed AEK after the Aris game...although we won.........

And yesterday the team was ruling.....and that gives me pleasure....Proodeutiki...was inexistent on the pitch...(I saw the video tape only till the 1:0) and we were total dominating them..... Somebody would say.....Who is Proo ? Ok correct... but that performances gives me hopes.....

And one more thing we played PAO... and OSFP...when we were low formed..... additionally the referees gave us the rest........ In both derbies.... this is a fact that can't be denied....

And last but not least..... the well-tended Akratitos pitch fits more to our style of play..... this is also a fact that should be taken into consideration.

Re OM21... pou ine o Stereo Sushi kai to Peristeri..... etsi ine h Opadi ?

Pote tha fanoune edo...... otan imaste 2 vathmi piso apo ton protoporo ?

IN terms of actions, then yes it was quite pleasing. When you play small teams thats basically what you have to do.....outplay and dominate. But to say we are the best team is by far meaningless to me without silverware. Like in 98 when we won the 4 derbies to walk away from that season empty-handed, absolutely gutted me. But Im the first to say that we have turned 'some-sort' of corner.

Peristeri, Sushi havent jumped off ship. They were with me as we watched the AEK game altogether. Still as loyal as ever, they just dont seem to be posting here....dont know why. But they havent jumped off...even at the worst of times.

Well unfortunately, we are in the situation where we require the others to drop points. If it doesnt happen then we will not gain, quite simple. Ira was dissapointing bc they allowed 6 pts to be taken from PAO and OSFP.....yet they took 2 from us with 10 men...bloody annoying.

Is it too greedy to ask for a couple of draws this week? We have no choice but to win and I dont think that we should struggle. So heres to another win for us...and a pair of draws in the other two matches.

aek good performance and have to continue to be in it with a shot a protathlima. very unlikely but not impossible the only problem is not in our hands osfp and pao have to work for us. they did with derby draw and can do so again this week more so osfp who have panionios away and crucial cl game midweek which they'll focus on rathr than pao who only have title to look forward to.

paok can do damage though and a draw is possible.

btw how long is the fan ban from aek games for? are theyaslo banend from aek's away games?

om21 u say tsiartas was brilliant do u think his hitting the form he showed last yr in some great displays like 1st aek vs real game?

did okkas show anything to u that would warrant him to start with lymbe? i know his skiilful and quick which can help lymbe but can he create as much?

our defense was it better with abonsah and kapsis than last time they played together? did borbokis show anything of note to warrant him starting on right back.

hope that aek continue with performances and rivals drop points even aigaleo

But to say we are the best team is by far meaningless to me without silverware.

I totally agree with this statement. Awards are great, but in the end, hardware is what counts. And we have had none from the championship for a long time.

We need to stop worrying about all the other teams and just worry about our performances weekly. If the team does that, then we have little to worry about. Sure, our schedule "seems" to be a little easier than the others, but THERE ARE NO EASY TEAMS.

Ive learnt with this team that you can take nothing for granted. That means this week is a tough match. I think we CAN win in Purgo and the way we have been playing should it continue, then yes we should win.

I think Tsiartas was as good as I have seen in a long time. He was back to his best...and that means better than last year. But its only one game, he needs to continue that this week to back it up. His passes and crossing was dangerous and he was causing havoc.

Okkas seemed to be playing left wing which puzzled me as I think he is useless to us there. He went with nails on his own up front. But I think he can play with Lybe up front yes...but so can nails.

I agree that this is a different aek to 1-2 months ago. We have been a bit lucky that we are only 5 pts down. We get another convincing win this week and hope that a result or two falls our way and then we are well and truly in the mix.

Archived