Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos vs Levadiakos

HOLLYWOOD

Wallofsoccer88 were you watching the same game? Theodoridis did NOT suck in fact he showed he has very good technical skills; much better than Haralambidis. He didn't look completely comfortable because obviously he doesn't get played but he should definitely start. I don't understand why Malezani isn't using this guy. As for Kotsios, he was awful, couldn't make a decent pass. Normally he's okay.

I think Theodoridis has potential (why else would we have gotten him), but I still think he played pretty bad. Though considering was out of position, I'd definately be willing to give him a few more chances on the left. Seric isin't that great as a left mid (especially on the attack) and I think Theodoridis would be better suited on the left. Though I can understand how he may have been nervous considering (I think) that's the first we've seen of him all year. Hopefully, he'll get more chances in the near future.

Of the defense, Kostios played OK, I don't think he played bad, but he wasen't Man of the Match by any means. I think he's more of a center back, but I wouldn't be unconfeterable using him on the left wing (I'd prefer Seric or Darlas). And considering Galinovic had next to nothing to do the enitre game, I think it's safe to say the defense played well throughout and did their job.

As for Bides, I like him on the right flank. He isin't incredibly skilled, but he's fast and can take pretty good set pieces. One set up the 2nd goal for Gekas. At least his set pieces are better than Flavio's, though then again, I'm sure 1/2 the people on Phantis (or at the PAO part) could take a better set piece than Flavio :D :whistle: . Thank god he is gone. I'd keep him in the lineup for now, as especially considering Nillson is hurt, and who would/could play a winger (mostly attack minded) role. Please don't tell me Vyntra :blink: :ph34r: .

Your thoughts.....????

Personally, I cringe when I see Kotsios at left-back.

In saying that I feel the same way when he's in the middle of the defense.

When I see him defend he has an awkward way of running & going into tackles

who just sticks his legs in and hopes & prays ..... its like he doesn't have

good balance on his feet - a very atsalos player.

Seric in this match ran and fought like a skili but that was as far as he did.

He's not a penalty area type of player who has a knack to put the ball

in the net (afou he muffed a great chance to make it 3-0)

If Darlas doesn't play I prefer him at left-back so he can make his runs down

the touchline and do his crosses.

Bides is the teams best freekick/corner taker who whips them in nicely

that gives those waiting for the ball a decent chance of creating something.

Right now, he's the best option on the right until we can find better.

Throughout the season I've seen a consistent trend in the lack of verbal

communication between the players. You'll see a lot of finger pointing (ie,

directing someone where to be positioned) but very little talk.

Perfect example was the gaffe between Mario & Moris that almost gave them

an early goal and we've seen this type of miscommunication cost us big time

during the Oly game and the Iraklis match.

Kala, trepoutai na milane metaksi tous oi den iparhei glossa na epikoinonoun ?

There were 2 positional changes that have me shaking my head as to what

Malezani is thinking:

(1) Why put Theodoridi on the right when the kid is left footed and always

needs to switch the ball to his left foot to make a pass or cross.

Wouldn't it had been better to take off Kotsio, put Seric left-back insert

Theodoridi left-half. leave Bides on the right switching to 4-4-2 ?

(2) Why use Andric when you have Leontiou (considered to be the future

of PAO) on the bench ?

Panionios on Sunday will be a trickier affair.

(1) Why put Theodoridi on the right when the kid is left footed and always

needs to switch the ball to his left foot to make a pass or cross.

Wouldn't it had been better to take off Kotsio, put Seric left-back insert

Theodoridi left-half. leave Bides on the right switching to 4-4-2 ?

No offence to the technical and football ability of Theodoridis, but den ntrepetai pou paizei se omada pou pairnei meros se Europaika diorganosis kai den mporei na xtipsei tin mpala me kai ta duo podia, aristero kai dexi.

It mite sound harsh, but in my opiion i thinkj someone playing in europe and aiming to be involved in challenging for titles and champions league u should have players that can use both feet (and no one give me the beckham example bc we have all seen he himself has copped criticism for been a one foot wonder)

No offence to the technical and football ability of Theodoridis, but den ntrepetai pou paizei se omada pou pairnei meros se Europaika diorganosis kai den mporei na xtipsei tin mpala me kai ta duo podia, aristero kai dexi.

It mite sound harsh, but in my opiion i thinkj someone playing in europe and aiming to be involved in challenging for titles and champions league u should have players that can use both feet (and no one give me the beckham example bc we have all seen he himself has copped criticism for been a one foot wonder)

I totally agree PAO require some players who can use both feet but those players I believe have to be your impact players, the ones who have major importance to the team.

Gonzalez is a prime example who can shoot with both left & right (remember his golares vs Rosenborg & Arsenal ... 2 x left & 1 x right).

Other players who should fit into this category are our strikers (aka Gekas & Pap since they're the ones who on most occassions are in positions to score goals and they have to adapt to situations that require shots on goal with both left & right feet) but unfortunately they don't have that class quality in their shots.

On the other hand, Theodoridis has never been given any opportunities all season and you expect him to easily slot into the right side of midfield and play decent.

Put him in his natural spot and then judge him similar to what's currently happening with Biscan. Everyone cried out that Malezani should put him in the def. midfield but the kimismeno was determined to play him in centre-back and utilising the useless Flavio who we all know wot a bloody waste he was.

No, I say if you're gonna play players they must be positioned in their rightful spot so they can play to their strengths not their weaknesses ..... wot do you think it does to a players confidence ?

Unless the team is decimated with injuries and there's absolutely no other options available then I agree you do need to shuffle the side around.

I'm not a Theodoridi follower cos' I haven't seen enough of the guy to make any judgement on him its just that he hasn't been given the breaks in the game to show his real worth.

Apologies for sidetracking from the main topic.

You know NO player should play out of his natural position; if Malezani plays guys out of position then maybe he really should go this summer (even if the team is playing better). I see absolutely no reason not to start Theodoridis and in the place where he's most comfortable. And I agree with Wallofsoccer88 Vyntra is an unimpressive at best average player (you hinted at that anyway). I can't understand Otto calling him up!

Archived