Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Wisla Krakow

Lalin

You know, my prediction here is going to be that Pao will get through EASY!!!!!!

first game will be either 1-1 or 2-1 pao

return game will be 2-0 or 3-0 Pao

I dnt understand why Wislas fans are so cocky??? i mean obvously they have no clue who Pao is because if they saw us last year then they would know that we drew with Arsenal twice in greece and england and spat on PSV 4-1 only to mis out qualification to the next round by 1 point (we got 9 points which usualy sees u through however our group was really tight)!!! This year our team is much stronger (unlike wisla who is weaker) with huge players signing for us that Wisla could only wish for e.g Conceicao----Brazilian former internationl, CL winner with Real Madrid, played also with Dortmund and Galatasaray, Igore Biscan--former Liverpool CL winner last year and Croatian international good defensive half....,Seric---Croatian international played from Hellas Verona and last year for Lazio supposed to be promising, Nilson---Swedish regular, played in Euro 2004 and played for Southampton!!!! then you have our regular players like Gonzalez whos played one cap for Argentina and still is really young (24 years old), Pap,Gekas,Manoli = All guns!!!!

Then i couldnt help look at Wislas team and the only player i recognise is Marcin Kuzba, who might i add wasnt even good enough for the geys and apprently his ur gun :LOL:

Anyways im glad we drew this team coz now Gonzalez can use up his suspensions (2 of them) and be ready for the group stages :tup:

cant wait to see wonski_3NHa eat his own words!!! however i have a feeling after his team is knocked out for a 4th time in a row he wont show his pathetic face here again jst like they usualy do :box:

P.S did i mention that our coach is Italian and has coached Param back in 1999 where they won the Italian cup and Uefa cup?? he also has coached players like Veron ect..... I like the sounds of your coach seem good :LOL:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

his a quote from www.espn.com

The draw was more like a horror game for Panathinaikos. The only names left in the draw box were those of Betis and Wisla. Everyone was awaiting the results anxiously, but eventually luck was by their side, as they were drawn against Wisla Krakow, while Real Betis will battle it out with Monaco.

This shows us how s%$#! Wisla is!!! see how we were happy when we drew you guys and how other web sites (non-greek) recognise this???

:LOL: :LOL:

The squad was informed about the draw results in Italy, where they are preparing for the season. Furthermore, coach Alberto Malezani remembered that he has played against Wisla when he was coaching Parma. "It is a good draw. Wisla is a good team, but there are better ones.

I have played against it when I was in Parma and we qualified very easly. This is a good omen," declared the Italian coach.

Just minutes after hearing the name of their opponent, Giannis Goumas seemed relieved, as well as prepared to qualify. "It is a good draw, although there are not the best of opponents. The good thing is that we avoided the really big teams and now qualifying to the next round depends solely on us. It is better for us that the first match is an away one, although we do not know much about Wisla," declared Panathinaikos’ captain. 

Were really shiting our selves that were playing Wisla you can obvously tell :LOL:

I just simply love it how everyone gets cocky all of a sudden...watch us struggle to beat them...

and no offence fans of wisla, PAO should be able to taske care of teams like these quite easily!!!!!!!

pame more arrwsteia!!!!!

:box:

qn - what asre the dates of both fixtures?

PAO will play the first official game in Poland.

Wisla has already been playing in the CL qualifying rounds, AND the Polish league.

PAO has a brand new team. New home, where only Goumas has ever played before.

PAO is the favorite.

PAO has traditionally made it through, but underachieved against weaker opponents in the CL quals.

1991: Fram - PAO 2-2, PAO-Fram 0-0 OAKA and

PAO-Goteborg 2-0, Goteborg-PAO 2-2 (Saravakos :nw: ) best PAO games :tup:

1995: PAO-Hajduk Split 0-0 (empty OAKA), Hajduk-PAO 1-1 (Borelli :tup: )

Semis vs Ajax :nw: 0-1 at Amsterdam

1996: PAO-Rosenborg 1-0, Rosenborg-PAO 1-0 / 3-0 overtime :tdown: (Rocha paid the price :angry: )

1998: Steaua-PAO 2-2, PAO-Steaua 6-3 (Assanovic :) )

2000: Polonia-PAO 2-2, PAO-Polonia 2-1 (PAO made to the 2nd group stage that year after beating Hamburg away 0-1 and Juventus 3-1!)

2001: Slavia Prague-PAO 1-2, PAO-Slavia 1-0

Best PAO year in Europe in terms of results (tied Real, beat Arsenal, Shalke home and away, Majorca, Sparta Prague home and away, Porto, Barcelona, reached QFs)

Best PAO team in history, IMO :) Same team reached Uefa QFs. :nw:

Wisla is an unknown team that could hold pleasant or UNpleasant surprises.

PAO must take this very seriously.

Plus: Return game at OAKA

Minus: NO Gonzales, will OAKA fill in August ?

PEACE

Water polo 2005 Men's 3rd place Greece-Croatia 11-10 :gr:

Posted ImageWater Polo 2005 World Championship

Hi.

I think that you are to confident about PAO victory over Wisla, i don't know much about Panatinajkos (Visla; Wislaw :angry: ) but i'm sure that it will be very tough tie for your team. I'm reading your replays and i remember the Schalke fans :D [schalke - Wisla 1-4] Parma fans [Wisla - Parma 1-4] or Real Zaragoza fans [Wisla - Zaragoza 4-1] and the Inter Milan fans [Wisla - Inter 1-0]. Lazio fans were very confident as well [3-3 at stadio olimpico]. I'm not saying that Wisla will beat PAO 4-1 but i'm suggesting you a little bit respect for my club.

You are very confindent about yourself beause you know s%$#! about Polish football and Wisla. Let me just tell you that in last seven year Wisla won the polish leage 5 times, always with huge points difference.

Anyway Wisla have a little bit advantage because we have started the season and Panatinajkos is playing only friendlies.

Artmedia - Celtic :rolleyes: <----the same situation.

By the way i'm on my way to Athens and i'm hope to meet you at the stadium.

P.S. sorry for my english i hope you have understood everything. :not:

Hi.

I think that you are to confident about PAO victory over Wisla, i don't know much about Panatinajkos (Visla; Wislaw :angry: ) but i'm sure that it will be very tough tie for your team. I'm reading your replays and i remember the Schalke fans :D [schalke - Wisla 1-4] Parma fans [Wisla - Parma 1-4] or Real Zaragoza fans [Wisla - Zaragoza 4-1] and the Inter Milan fans [Wisla - Inter 1-0]. Lazio fans were very confident as well [3-3 at stadio olimpico]. I'm not saying that Wisla will beat PAO 4-1 but i'm suggesting you a little bit respect for my club.

You are very confindent about yourself beause you know s%$#! about Polish football and Wisla. Let me just tell you that in last seven year Wisla won the polish leage 5 times, always with huge points difference.

Anyway Wisla have a little bit advantage because we have started the season and Panatinajkos is playing only friendlies.

Artmedia - Celtic :rolleyes: <----the same situation.

By the way i'm on my way to Athens and i'm hope to meet you at the stadium.

P.S. sorry for my english i hope you have understood everything. :not:

wisla we are pretty confident because the team has made some major signings and is looking good at the moment, not that Wisla is a bad team, theyre actualy one of the teams i would have prefered to avoid after Udinese, Real Betis, Dinamo Kiev...

i dont think it will be so easy, the first leg will probably be a tie or loss if our defense doesnt shapen up- but im sure pao will still get an away goal...

as for the friendly game yeah wisla is in the 3rd game of their season and were only playing friendlies.......but no offense man when we are playing sampdoria, roma, zaragoza u may as well be the ones playing friendlies...

Latest news.

Wisla had just won the game against vice champion by 4-2.

It was very interesting game, Alberto Malesani was on trhe stadium to watch the match.

Drakos i have one question. Is the Sampdoria, Roma or Zaragoza in the season or they playing friendlies like PAO does? You know, last year we was playing against Monago, PSG and Bordeaux and we had good results but few weeks later we lost to very poor side which was Dynamo Tbilisi. What i mean is, it doesn't matter who do you play as a pre season friendly, the important thing is how do you play in the first really important game of the season. Again Artmedia - Celtic 5 - 0. :tup: :D

If you like some info about Wisla - fotos, movies please visit Wisla's most popular forum www.forum.wislakrakow.com

:nw: Greetings to PAO. F*ck Olympiakos :tdown:

Latest news.

Wisla had just won the game against vice champion by 4-2.

It was very interesting game, Alberto Malesani was on trhe stadium to watch the match.

Drakos i have one question. Is the Sampdoria, Roma or Zaragoza in the season or they playing friendlies like PAO does? You know, last year we was playing against Monago, PSG and Bordeaux and we had good results but few weeks later we lost to very poor side which was Dynamo Tbilisi. What i mean is, it doesn't matter who do you play as a pre season friendly, the important thing is how do you play in the first really important game of the season. Again Artmedia - Celtic 5 - 0. :tup: :D

If you like some info about Wisla - fotos, movies please visit Wisla's most popular forum www.forum.wislakrakow.com

:nw: Greetings to PAO. F*ck Olympiakos :tdown:

alberto was there....nice job in the win u guys sound ready......but hell i remember when Fenerbahce won Galatasaray 6-0 then came to athens and lost 4-1....i think wisla are in for something different this game...if biscan and flavio have there way pao will control the game.....and also Olisadebe will be looking to get his national team spot back.

its a shame we both cant go through, esp when teams like liverpool will go through and dont even deserve to be there.. :tdown:

I remind myself that Alberto was playing against Wisla when he was in charge of Parma. It was UEFA Cup ( Parma won the cup that season). In Cracow there was 1-1 and in Parma we have lost 2-1. In Parma was playing a this time stars like Crespo, Chiesa, Thuram, Buffon, Cannavaro, Veron.

Don't worry Drakos if Wisla gain some uefa's ranking points this season, maybe in the next the Champion of Poland will not need to play in Quals.

BTW last year we have beat in the PL League Zaglebie Lubin 7-1 and three days later we have lost to Dinamo Tbilisi 2-0.

It will be very hard to Olisadebe to get back to 1-st eleven of the Polish squad as Tomasz Frankowski(Wisla) and Maciej Zurawski(Celtic)are leading in the goalscorers ranking in the WC quals.

In Cracow there was 1-1 and in Parma we have lost 2-1. In Parma was playing a this time stars like Crespo, Chiesa, Thuram, Buffon, Cannavaro, Veron.

Oh yeah Parma had the steroid boys at the time and that's how they beat Wisla B)

I made a bet with my Polish friend at work and hope to see the game together. If Wisla wins the round I owe him a greek bottle of Metaxa brandy. But I know I'll get the best polish vodka from him with a nice smile B)

Should be interesting. I have no clue about Wisla either. As for the greens, we expect them to go thru but with many player changes and signings, short pre-season training and stadium change from 15k to 66k and a good pre-season show, I think they'll succeed.

Dobre szczęście Wisla :)

I remind myself that Alberto was playing against Wisla when he was in charge of Parma. It was UEFA Cup ( Parma won the cup that season). In Cracow there was 1-1 and in Parma we have lost 2-1. In Parma was playing a this time stars like Crespo, Chiesa, Thuram, Buffon, Cannavaro, Veron.

Don't worry Drakos if Wisla gain some uefa's ranking points this season, maybe in the next the Champion of Poland will not need to play in Quals.

BTW last year we have beat in the PL League Zaglebie Lubin 7-1 and three days later we have lost to Dinamo Tbilisi 2-0.

It will be very hard to Olisadebe to get back to 1-st eleven of the Polish squad as Tomasz Frankowski(Wisla) and Maciej Zurawski(Celtic)are leading in the goalscorers ranking in the WC quals.

Just a quick question does the name Albin Mikulski ring a bell im not sure if he coached ur team in the past or played for them

any news on him?

i think some of the wisla fans are right. friendlies don t mean nothing. greek teams have problems if they don t have games in their feet. i hope pao go through but it is not gouinbg to be easy. wisla is a strong team and havwe nothing to lose. if pao fail to make the cl, the whole season is over before it started.

in the first game goumas is injured...bad news for the pao defense. there are no class replacements except for kiriakos but he is out...

Archived