Phantis Forums

20 teams in a' ethniki

CH-Thrylos

I think thsi would be good but it must be keep under control like the 16 team comp was because more teams means more p*****es!!

Kerkyra, ergotelis , larissa = a real natioanl comp...

More games for clubs to make more money for a salaries will not increase.....

Guest Protathlitis

:xxx:

BAD MOVE

why the fuk would they want this?? theres so many disadvantages for Greek teams. in europe and the ethniki

This would in fact bridge the gap between the top 4 or 5 and the rest. However, instead of bottom teams getting better, higher teams will get worse.

It might work, we cant all say it'll be a bad move, it works in the top leagues in europe, why cant it work in Greece... I mean i know were lazzzzzy but im sure players can play an extra 900 minutes in a year.

This would be a (very) bad move for Greek Soccer <_< :angry: . I think the quality of the league would be diluted with any more teams (and it's diluted/weak enough as it is). It's very obvious who the "have's" and "have nots" are in Greek Soccer. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing a 15 or 14, or even 12 team A Ethniki.

Remember, those extra games are for reasons mostly $$, and the burnout the players recieve with their also being the Greek Cup, UEFA CL, UEFA Cup, Intertoto Cup (granted it's only 1 team) and possible "ling cup" those are just more games that could factor onto player burnout and a lower quality of play. Finally, more teams=more talent being distributed among the smaller teams.

Honestly, I'd rather have a more competitive 12 team league, than a 20 team league knowing that there are going to be many, dull, boring, and lop-sided games.

Your thoughts....??

20 team A division!!!!! :tdown: :tdown:

bad idea, theres not enough talent (for economic reasons) to have a competitive season, in other countries like Spain and England it's possible, they have loads of talent but not here.

football authorities should focus on other issues like hooligans :ph34r: for one thing

20 team A division!!!!! :tdown: :tdown:

bad idea, theres not enough talent (for economic reasons) to have a competitive season, in other countries like Spain and England it's possible, they have loads of talent but not here.

football authorities should focus on other issues like hooligans :ph34r: for one thing

Greece is a small country

i don't think 20 teams in the Greek league is a good idea

i can see it going to a 18 team system

i wouldn't have a problem with that

but i don't want it to be all congestion

meaning more then half the teams being in Athens or Thessaloniki

i would somehow like to see a team or two in patras

and other areas in Greece that don't have soccer

off course this also depends the on team to preform

Guest Protathlitis

why the hell would aris' owners have any bargaining power?

what prefernece would Kokkalis, Demis or Vardio... have?

Archived