Phantis Forums

Kleopas Giannou

evalagoal

Ok Everyone.... We all know what GREAT keeper Nikopolidis is to this club and not to mention the accolades that he has received throughout his carrer. BUT! With all that said, Olympiacos has another great (Greek) keeper in my eyes and that is Giannou.

Do you all think that it's time to have a "change of the guard" in this case of some sort? I know that Nikopolidis just signed last year but this kid here is ridding the bench and at some point I wonder to myself if he's going to say "I'm waititng way too long to get my chance here in this club" and then move to another maybe rival club. Again, I don't have anything against Nikopolidis it's just that Olympiacos is at a stage right now that they have to start to think of rebuilding....

What do you all think?

you are absolutely right that giannou is sitting on the bench for too long. eleftheropoulos, katergiannakis, bucek, nikopolidis. all these keepers were prefered to him. he has the talent to take over at some point. but right now i dont think this will happen. nikopolidis still has two maybe even three good years in front of him. giannou will get his chance. who knows, maybe nikopolidis gets injured and he has to take over (knock on wood).

you are absolutely right that giannou is sitting on the bench for too long. eleftheropoulos, katergiannakis, bucek, nikopolidis. all these keepers were prefered to him. he has the talent to take over at some point. but right now i dont think this will happen. nikopolidis still has two maybe even three good years in front of him. giannou will get his chance. who knows, maybe nikopolidis gets injured and he has to take over (knock on wood).

Glad you feel the same as I do because he's a young keeper and his talent might be lost on this team. I think that either we let him go and open up some $$$ in order to bring in another star when Gio leaves this summer.

It's something that needs to be looked at carefully... For future wise that is :(

really how amazing has the kota been for you? he hasnt done anythign but screw you over and his crap errors have you out of the title race (not entirely but its significant when u go 7 points ahead from 3 points behind...)

Archived