Phantis Forums

Who would you keep?

evalagoal

Ok Everyone....... We all saw the magic that the 2 Brazilians showed today, but who do you want on the roster for next season?

Rivaldo (The Legend)

Giovanni (The Magician)

We know that both of them are in a so-so state for next year..... I would like to know your thoughts..

The reason Olymiakos did so well in Europe this year was because of Rivaldo - he was added - they did better - telos

If you can keep him do so- however I think he has stayed just about as long as he wanted to - off to make some bigger dough somewhere else

Ok Everyone....... We all saw the magic that the 2 Brazilians showed today, but who do you want on the roster for next season?

Rivaldo (The Legend)

Giovanni (The Magician)

We know that both of them are in a so-so state for next year..... I would like to know your thoughts..

look Giovanni will always have a place in Olympiakos history

he was simply the best player in the Greek league for many years

before injuries and age took its toll

he also has been public about going back to his old club santos

he misses his home brazil

Rivaldo on the other hand told friends in Spain this week that he wants to remain with Olympiakos for at least one more year

Rivaldo also had a terrific game today found his second wind

plus we need alot of new young talent in the summer

nwo lets win the title somehow

Ok Everyone.......  We all saw the magic that the 2 Brazilians showed today, but who do you want on the roster for next season?

Rivaldo (The Legend)

Giovanni (The Magician)

We know that both of them are in a so-so state for next year.....  I would like to know your thoughts..

look Giovanni will always have a place in Olympiakos history

he was simply the best player in the Greek league for many years

before injuries and age took its toll

he also has been public about going back to his old club santos

he misses his home brazil

Rivaldo on the other hand told friends in Spain this week that he wants to remain with Olympiakos for at least one more year

Rivaldo also had a terrific game today found his second wind

plus we need alot of new young talent in the summer

nwo lets win the title somehow

You hit it right on w/ Giovanni but I have to admit it's sooooooo damn frustrating to watch him play becuase you don't know which Gio is going to play.... At this moment and where the team is I say let him go and look into the future for either another Gio or a young prodigy...

Neither.

Giovanni shouldn't even be considered. He's too old and lacks the pace for Olympiakos to seriously use him in a strikers role for European play. Goodbye Giovanni...thanks for the memories!!

Rivaldo is also up there in age but has shown some flashes of brilliance. I would be surprised if he did stay for another year considering the run ins he's had with Bajevic over the course of the year. But things have died down so maybe they've solved their differences.

But if it were my money, I wouldn't keep him. I'd sooner try and get someone of comparable talent who is much younger. Drop boatloads of cash...break the bank...whatever. Just stop getting older with players who "used" to be something great.

giovanni is out for 99%. i just read today that there are rumours he has agreed with santos about the money he will get if he goes there.

rivaldo stated recently he wants to stay till the end of his contract. so most probably he will still play for us next year.

and who knows. maybe bajevic is gone at the end of the season. first of all he is very unhappy not getting the support of the board he wants and is also disappointed with the whole situation with the fans and players. second i think kokkalis is also not very happy about the job bajevic has done so far.

as far is remember kokkalis brought bajevic back to osfp expecting him to get back the title. but you are right about kokkalis being happy with a coach. this doesnt happen that often.

bajevic did a good job imo since osfp hasnt played so good in cl since the last time bajevic was coach. the uefa is another story.

bajevic brought in some players that he thought would help the team (okkas, rezic, maric, schurrer) but except schurrer in the beginning and maric now none of them really achieved what bajevic was expecting from them. most of all rezic who sits on the bench now most of the times. okkas as we have discussed over and over again was brought to our team to score. but he doesnt. if there werent rivaldo and giovanni (even if he doesnt play good anymore) we would have lost much more matches.

so some of his plans didnt work out. and since we are in greece it is the coaches head that rolls fist.

as far is remember kokkalis brought bajevic back to osfp expecting him to get back the title. but you are right about kokkalis being happy with a coach. this doesnt happen that often.

bajevic did a good job imo since osfp hasnt played so good in cl since the last time bajevic was coach. the uefa is another story.

bajevic brought in some players that he thought would help the team (okkas, rezic, maric, schurrer) but except schurrer in the beginning and maric now none of them really achieved what bajevic was expecting from them. most of all rezic who sits on the bench now most of the times. okkas as we have discussed over and over again was brought to our team to score. but he doesnt. if there werent rivaldo and giovanni (even if he doesnt play good anymore) we would have lost much more matches.

so some of his plans didnt work out. and since we are in greece it is the coaches head that rolls fist.

its been a very difficult season for Bajevic and Olympiakos

but remember the title is still possible and were in the cup final

so its not that bad

but u guys are right this was suppose to be our title but who knows

Bajevic didn't get any good talent over the summer

but do remember its his first season back

he hasn't had the time to scout better players

Bajevic needs to stay on period

Archived