Phantis Forums

The reason that EPAE has put AEK-PAOK and PAO-Olympiakos a hour apart is to not have any beliefs that the games can be fixed......remember in Portugal when we played Russia and Portugal played Spain.....both games were played at the same time so game-fixing could be nulled......i assume that the greek soccer federation is heading in the same direction.......It stinks that we get screwed again..... :box:

The people at EPAE are idiots. Plain and simple. Even yesterday Supersport was pressuring EPAE to change the starting time of the AEK - PAOK game to 18:30 GR. Both AEK and PAOK don't a have a problem with the earlier starting time.

As it stands now, Supersport will show both games live. The "big" derby on Supersport 1, which is available over terrestial (over the air) frequencies. the AEK - PAOK game will be on Supersport 3, which is available only through NOVA.

What's up guys?

New member - great site. Thanks for all the inside scoop on the games and other topics.

I know all the hypre is on the OLY-PAO game, but what about an equally important game: AEKARA vs. PAOK. Please let me know if it will be shown.

Thanks

With the news of the SuperSport channel division, its confirmed to me that the other derby will be shown live........

Im hoping all the pressuring shifts the game an hour earlier.....but frankly I cant see it happening. I am preying that it will happen......it needs to happen. Please show the double header, they are both important games...

What's up guys?

New member - great site. Thanks for all the inside scoop on the games and other topics.

I know all the hypre is on the OLY-PAO game, but what about an equally important game: AEKARA vs. PAOK. Please let me know if it will be shown.

Thanks

Aektzhs, welcome to the forums.

I am sure that it's every AEKtzi and PAOKtzi fan wish to see the AEK - PAOK game instead of the over hyped so-called "big derby".

Hope we will be able to see the game.

It now appears that the whole deal behind the refusal of EPAE to change the starting time of the game is a war between EPAE and NetMed. It appears that this is just small battle in the big war for control of TV rights in the future.

Loukourezos (EPAE pres) and Mitropoulos (EPAE VP) will apparently give a press conference tommorrow dealing with this issue. Every indication is that they will not back down.

EPAE's priorities should be that the protathlima runs as smoothly as possible and its members (teams) secure the most income they can possibly attain. But I guess politics are more important to them. The ethniki deserves double the normal credit for winning the Euro because the Greek podosfairisth has to overcome a corrupt system on top of everything else.

almamatter, where did you hear that? You got to be kidding me? There will be some very mad Greek fans if that happens.

One think I know is that here in Chicago the local place Chasers will show the PAO - OSFP game live and for free, since they will be get it for free from ERT-Sat.

OK, assuming they don't show the parade (which would be a horrible decission on their part) now that the PAO-OSFP has been moved to 21:00 Greek time do you think we will get to see the real derby of the agonistiki :P on ERT-Sat?

Kai meta exoume toys malakes ths EPAE poy den theloun na alaxoun thn ora enarxis tou agona AEK-PAOK.

Guys, it's looking like we won't be able to see the game on ERT, live anyways. We have to hope and pray, they show it on tape delay.

AEKARA OMADARA GIA PANTA - back on top this week.

Aektzhs

All right now. The PAO - OSFP games has been re-scheduled to 21:00 GR Time. EPAE also shows that AEK-PAOK is on at 19:45. I was under impression that they changed the time to 19:30 GR few days ago, but I guess that is not the case. With this in mind, I don't see them showing the game.

Also, it appears that ERT-Sat plans and airing the parade from NYC at 22:30 GR time, which would cut off some 30 minutes from the PAO-OSFP game, if they decide to show it live. This will also push the airing of Athlitiki Kyriaki to 24:00 GR time.

Looks like we are screwed. I sent ERT-Sat several e-mails in order to gets some clarifications, but not replies.

Has anyone had any luck getting replies from ERT-Sat?

Hey guys,

I just spoke with ert on the phone in greece. They told me it's lookin grim on the AEK-PAOK game. The producer wasn't there and they told me to call them back later. I hopefully will let u know. The number there is: 302106066889

Although I don;t understand EPAE's thinking, ERT could simply show AEK-PAOK live and start televising PAO-OSFP with a 20min delay (right after AEK-PAOK). That way everyone will be happy and it will be almost the same thing as watching them live. I also tried calling ERT but lines were busy...

I like aekole's idea of delaying the 2nd game by 20 minutes.

Aektzhs and aekole if you guys get an answer from ERT-Sat let us know. Also if you guys get hold of them, can you ask for the producesr name and e-mail address, so we could communicate with him better in the future.

Guys,

Catastrophic news. I spoke with the producer. NO AEK-PAOK game, not even tape-delayed. Can you believe this disgrace??

They will show Gavros-Vazelos 21:00 greek time as planned.

I didn't even ask his name, I wanted to let them all hear it, but they were nice about it.

The war of Netmed continues.

I am pissed, and on my B'Day I won't get to see my AEKARA play.

Anyway guys, that's that.

Archived