Phantis Forums

Who are they?

Evergreen

The player raised is indeed Yiorgos Sideris. The goalkeeper holding him up is Savvas Theodoridis I think. That one is a stretch though.

Given that the dude is holding up two trophies...it's not Oly or the NT...but the "ethniki enoplon dinamion" (don't know what to call it in English)...the team made up of players from the army, navy, airforce, etc....

The goalkeeper does not look like Stelios Serafeidis. He looks like Xarhakos who played for Apollon Kalamaria in the early 1960's and Olympiakos in the late 1960's.

The player to Sideris' left, holding his leg, is midfielder Grigoris Aghanian who played with Panaigialeios before transferring to Olympiakos ca. 1965.

From the hairstyles and sideburns, I will guess this picture was taken in late 1968 or 1969.

Number 7 for Olympiakos, back then, would most likely be Pavlos Vasileiou but I don't think that's him.

Number 10 looks like Nikos Yioutsos from the back.

Given that Olympiakos won nothing in 1968 or 1969, I haven't got the foggiest what they could be celebrating! :blink:

OK, I did some research and found out that:

In 1969 Giorgos Sideris was a candidate for the golden boot. On the 15th June 1969, Olympiakos played their last game of the year v. PAO in Karaiskaki. PAO midfielder, Totis Fylakouris, made a statement prior to the game "

Archived