Phantis Forums

WCQ: GREECE-Albania

Ziaka

So from 5 remaining games Greece will only win 2 huh? And Ukraine will win ALL the remaining games including the one in Athens!!! Ok you convinced me!!!! :P

But the only thing that strikes me most on your realistic calculations is how will Denmark with 5 remaining games and 9 points so far will end up having 26 points!!! :LOL: Do you know how to work a calculator?

His albanian what do u think :P

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting back to all these people slamming our fans for booing their anthem. In albania greece in tirana,,the albanians were booing our anthem. Now prokthes in athina the greeks were booing so much u couldnt hear the albanians anthem. I dont condone both parties as this is a disgrace. Its tit for tat as far as greeks attitudes is concerned. I am not surprised the greeks responded in the same manner as to the albanians

u really don't understand King Otto

the reason he didn't bring them in early is b/c they need to earn their spots and play on the National team

we didn't need a goal and the team was playing good for the most part

he didn't want to put inexperienced players out their where they can make mistakes

he brought them in the end b/c the game was in doubt and it was just for them ot gett a feeling b/c they will be needed later on

nobody here should question Rehhagel he is a master technician let him do wut he does best

by the way Vryzas was playing fine and i do think he setted up the goal for Karagounis where it his Vyrzas chest and he push it perfectly for Karagounis to hit the ball into the net

he should had subed vryzas in halftime with amanatidis.

it seems to me nobody appreciates Vryza. He was fantastic in the last 2 games among our best players. People say hes too old or losing it but thats bullshit he still an awesome player....

Guest Protathlitis

I agree about Vyzas; he is definatley underappreciated

Charisteas may have scored three goals but Vryzas has done more in the qualifying

Still amanatidis deserves more that 5 minutes in a home game versus albania

I read an editorial which said that the NT and otto should have done more and to erase the memory of the first defeat. I agree; I think in the 2nd half we didnt press forward enough. we dominated the game but the albanians were ripe for the picking and we could have got 6!!

Drakos13: you're correct, Zisis is underappreciated. If my memory serves me correct you wanted him out of the starting lineup not to long ago as well. Now your singing a different tune.

The man is essential and ireplacable at this point theres no need for me to go into details.

As for Amanatidis/Gkekas or any other newb getting a go, you must understand some things. First this is a WC qualyfier, Andorra, Skopjestan, Albania doesn't matter. Secondly, we are up only 1-0 until a strike from Georgo in the 85th, and although the Albanians never looked to threaten in the slightest, why throw in relativley young lads to the game of national squad football as prey ? Can you imagine what would have happened to confidence and the upheavel from the press if somehow there was an equalizer ?

There is a time and place for everything imo. Let the King do his job.

i completely agree with you. there is one wisdom in football that hits the point:

never change a winning team.

a also was surprised with ottos late subs but since there was a possibility of getting the equalizer it is understandable that he didnt want to take a risk.

unfortunately in the beginning the sat-receiver didnt work where i saw the match, but it got fixed 2 seconds before the 1-0. just as the picture got in charisteas hit the net. :D

i was also thinking of otto bringing gkekas earlier. but to be honest i'm glad he didnt bring him in earlier. he seemed really nervous to me.

as for the match against turkey. i dont know about bringing tsiartas in. he is a good player, but he is just too slow in my eyes. we need a fast midfield to get hold of the turks. but we'll see. otto knows what he is doing.

I remember two instances.

One in the 82nd after a cross from the left, Tare gets a head on neasr the PK area, but puts it WELL over the goal by at least 6 feet over the bar.

And in injury time where a cross in the box passes nikopolidis and tare by a good distance then the latter slides for the hell of it to make the play seem a closer one than it actually was. Even with his foot extended and sliding the ball must have been 4 feet to far.

Other than that, nothing comes to my mind.

a also was surprised with ottos late subs but since there was a possibility of getting the equalizer it is understandable that he didnt want to take a risk.

unfortunately in the beginning the sat-receiver didnt work where i saw the match, but it got fixed 2 seconds before the 1-0. just as the picture got in charisteas hit the net.  :D

i was also thinking of otto bringing gkekas earlier. but to be honest i'm glad he didnt bring him in earlier. he seemed really nervous to me.

as for the match against turkey. i dont know about bringing tsiartas in. he is a good player, but he is just too slow in my eyes. we need a fast midfield to get hold of the turks. but we'll see. otto knows what he is doing.

Otto makes late subs at the end of games all the time, he does it simply to use up time.

Yes i agree, Gekas looked very nervous but he was just broght in to use up time. I haven't seen Amanatidis play for FCK but to me it seemes like he has great pace so maybe he could be the answer vs. Turkey. Vryzas is really under appreciated, he works hard and as I said in a previous post, I expect him to wear the captains arm band vs. Turkey. just in case anyone was wondering why Kyrgiakos was in for Kapsis is because Kapsis complained about a groin problem before the game

We must remeber that nothing replaces experience for the national team - look at Kyriakos who has palyed so well for Rangers but almost cost us a few points by kicking that Albanian dude in the kefala - that is why guys like Zikos are unlikely to play - if Dellas is back then Katsouranis moves up the field a little and that's that I think and Tsartas is alway an option if we need a goal.

Archived