Phantis Forums

Where can i Download Greece vs Turkey

Ok, I'll try .. but just so you know..i've only ben told about it and never actually used it so I could be way off base here..

First you have to get a program to open the torrents.. I think one that I was told to get was Azereus?

Then you go to various torrents sites and search for the movies, tv show, game, mp3 etc you are looking for. I think most of the sites require you to become a member. Also, sites get shut down very often for obvious reasons.

Once your logged in you can search to find what you are looking for and d/l it. I think it works something like Kazaa in that you're nt d/l from one person at a time but from several people at once.. that makes the d/l go much faster. There are also a bunch of rules regarding ratios which I'm not really sure of. I think the basic premise is to leave something you downloaded on your pc (available to others) for a certain period of time. This keeps everyone from leeching off a few people and allows for faster d/ls. Like always different people have different rules so its best to check out any rules or baords they may have.

I hope this helps some.... and of course I hope it is correct ..

I am using bittorent for quite a while. I've made all of our National team's Euro 2004 games and about 70 DVD movies as well as a number of Playstation2 games.

The best thing to do is to download ABC instead of Azureus. It's faster and more simple to use. Do a Google search, download and install ABC. Don't mess with the settings of the program at all for now.

Then go here: http://www.torrentspy.com and search for whatever you need to download. Large files will take quite a while depending on your internet connection. Another good site is here: http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/romeria/b...orrentsites.htm

If you need DVD covers for your movies you'll find everything here: http://www.cdcovers.cc/dvd_0.php

Bittorent is NOT like Kazaa. There are no ads or popups. It's a file sharing network. The actual files are in a server and NOT in other people's computers like Kazaa. The more they download a file the better the download speed will be for you.

Greek soccer games are not available widely in the net using bittorent. I was able to find all the Euro 2006 with emule. PM me if you need more help.

The actual files are in a server and NOT in other people's computers like Kazaa. The more they download a file the better the download speed will be for you.

that is not true. The torrent files are distributed on networks but the actual download IS on peoples computers. You would think the more the faster but thats rarely the case because its rare that people seed the torrents. Even when others are downloading in theory it would go fast even if the seed-download ration was 2/15, but ive never had that happen in 2 years with torrents now.

Vassilios,

here is a better torrent client for Linux users than Azureus: http://ctorrent.sourceforge.net/

I've never played with it but I know that Azureus is pretty complicated and slows down your pc a lot. The rest remain the same for Linux users (follow steps of my post above). PM me or drakos if you need additional help.

Keep in mind that the OSFP-SOSO game is probably being downloaded by Greeks only. So your download speed is slow. The more they download the file, the better your speed. I hope you have a good download connection (at least DSL). Try downloading a second and a third file (at the same time), a pretty famous one like a movie (try the Last samurai-always popular) and see if your total download speed improves. Also: set your upload speed to the minimum if you do other work with your pc at the same time. Finally, read the FAQ of the site you downloaded the program. It ALWAYS helps!

Good luck...

Downloading files continously can really mess up your pc speed (and download speed). You need to run diskeeper (or any defragmentation software) very often to be on top of things. If you need a free version of Diskeeper PM me.

Don't ignore this message. It's very critical for your overal performance.

Archived