Phantis Forums

Okkas saving the RED!

bides

What do u guys think of Mr Yiannis Okkas saving your team for two games in a row... The first was the cup game where if it was not for him creating chances and scoring you would have been eliminated>. Today against Iraklis he came off the bench and again the efense could not handle him and he caused a penelty.. Im sick and tired of people cutting this guy up he had a string of bad luck but even though he was not scoring he was still creating chances for his team.. two games in a row he saved your sorry assess they should be kissing his feet.. You guys should be five points back not two!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look i want Okkas to play well

i hope he scores every game for my club

but lets relax here i mean so he has had 2 games straight in showing good form

Olympiakos didn't sign him for this

he had higher expectations and to this point he hasn't fulfilled them

but he will have his chance

Olympiakos have the worst striking core from all the big clubs in their respective leagues

so he will have an opporutnity to prove his worth

you want to talk about EXPECTATIONS ? Have you seen ANY of our matches thus far this season ? A limp Okkas is still better than a 100% ready Giovanni, but lets not EVEN get into that.

:whistle:

you want to talk about EXPECTATIONS ? Have you seen ANY of our matches thus far this season ? A limp Okkas is still better than a 100% ready Giovanni, but lets not EVEN get into that.

i have to answer your question

but has he played like a top player at his position this season?

lets not rate 2 games

Giovanni is done i mean Okkas should be better than Gio he is like 4 years younger than him and faster than him

but the one thing u can't say about Giovanni is he has 7 goals this season wut does Okkas have like 2 tops

i only remember the goal in the first game at Karaiskaki during the Greek championship

at least when Giovanni gets a chance on goal more times than not he will put that in the back of the net

but lets not make Giovanni the standard now b/c almost any player can meet those standards b/c he is on the down fall of his career

lets not rate 2 games

Giovanni is done i mean Okkas should be better than Gio he is like 4 years younger than him and faster than him

but the one thing u can't say about Giovanni is he has 7 goals this season wut does Okkas have like 2 tops

i only remember the goal in the first game at Karaiskaki during the Greek championship

at least when Giovanni gets a chance on goal more times than not he will put that in the back of the net

but lets not make Giovanni the standard now b/c almost any player can meet those standards b/c he is on the down fall of his career

i heard u guys will be signing Maradona to take over from Giovanni :LOL:

lets not rate 2 games

i heard u guys will be signing Maradona to take over from Giovanni :LOL:
let me inform u that Olympiakos gave Maradonna a Olympiakos jersey with the number 10 on it

Guess who wears number 10 on Olympiakos ??

Giovanni lol :LOL:

probably the only thing i can laugh about this week from all the s%$#! that happenned to my club this week

Guest Protathlitis

Maradona is trying to get money from interviews and s%$#!, like a statesman. He's getting like 50 grand for one interviwe.

Bides, YOU DONT HAVE TO DEFEND CYPRIOTS TO US ALL THE TIME; I view Cypriots as Greek: theres no difference.

As for Okkas himself, he saved us from our two worst performances of the year in Greece. I like okkas, i thought he was going to be a star after his first couple of games but then he started missing those chances. He is a world class striker just about except that he CANT FINISH, and unfortunatley thats the main part of being a striker: okkas has to go!

Vasilie, Id take Giovanni over okkas even though i dont think hes good enough for OSFP anymore either. Thats not to say that we should forget what hes done for us and some of the MAGIC he is capable of creating often against the FEGS :nw:

Bides, YOU DONT HAVE TO DEFEND CYPRIOTS TO US ALL THE TIME; I view Cypriots as Greek: theres no difference.

werd!

hence my first comment

I agree....

hence my first comment :whistle:

did u start this topic cos Okkas is Cypriot or do u genuinely care about this guy

please enough with the Cypriot loving propaganda

werd!

hence my first comment

I agree....

did u start this topic cos Okkas is Cypriot or do u genuinely care about this guy

is this forum becoming abit gay??? :o i mean i know were in the "geys" forum but this loving for cyps is getting out of hand :P

Guest Protathlitis

is this forum becoming abit gay???  i mean i know were in the "geys" forum but this loving for cyps is getting out of hand 

All i was saying that he doesnt have to keep defending cypriots since they are Greeks anyway; theres no need to insult the guy just because hes a proud cypriot.

Theres no point in this stuff, it has nothing to do with anything.

Hi guys,

This is my first post. Initially, I was hesitant in posting to a football fan forum. Not for snobbing reasons but because it seems that, at my 40, I am too old for this kind of s@it :rolleyes: Anyway, I am all for healthy discussion and a bit of teasing from non-gavro fans, unless they fall to brainless swearing.

On topic, I am carefully watching Okkas because of his great overall abilities. He is one of the few (if not the only) offensive OSFP players with remarkable insistence and passion in his play. The large number of bad fouls he gets from the rival defense proves that. Too bad he can't finish, that flaw entirely spoils his image. That is more than obvious and I think Bajevic should put more efforts in training him on that skill. The fact that he's not a pure striker isn't an excuse for me.

We are in need of more Okkas-like players, providing they could score from time to time :)

Im not defending Greek Cypriots.. Or Okkas I think Okkas was great when he was playing at Anorthosis.. He is lacking finish but you cant tell me anyone plays harder then he does.. He hit 4 goal posts this year and had about 5 shots cleard off the line...Thats just bad luck!!! He is worldclass but his finishing isnt.. I cant stand why people cut him up.. I cant think of any players except for rivaldo and georgatos that are half the player he is...... Can i ask u this why does he score for Cyprus is it because Mihalaki is beside him.....

Get off bugging this guy he will turn around.. We are all Greek people just find it easier to bug him.. I ask why!!!!

They dont bug Giavanni who cant even walk or Djordevic who needs a cane soon! But a guy who turns defence inside and out.. He did it with Monaco he did it with liverpool ask the French National team about him!!!!!

werd!

hence my first comment

I agree....

is this forum becoming abit gay??? :o i mean i know were in the "geys" forum but this loving for cyps is getting out of hand :P
Im proud of my heritage im not defending anything Im a Greek Cypriot who loves soccer... i dont like Bs!!! I defended a guy who is more skill and talent then 95 percent of the players in Greece.. I dont care what team he plays for I cant stand his team does not mean I dont like the Player.. i think Georgatos and Rivaldo are great too.. Just get off this guys back....

wut the hell happenned here

i thought this topic was on okkas and rather i here the lovefest for Cyprus

don't get me wrong thats good but this is a soccer forum lets stick with that before

something gets stirred up

anywayz back to Okkas he better start playing better and put the ###### ball in the net

were going need him to gain back our title that is being pratically taken away from us right now

Im not defending Greek Cypriots.. Or Okkas I think Okkas was great when he was playing at Anorthosis.. He is lacking finish but you cant tell me anyone plays harder then he does.. He hit 4 goal posts this year and had about 5 shots cleard off the line...Thats just bad luck!!! He is worldclass but his finishing isnt..

World class??? :tup:

Bides, you know that I back any player that I think is good and I don't look at their nationality but you have gone over the top again and people have a hard time taking you comments seriously.

He's mostly failed hitting the net for a few years now. It's not bad luck. Bad lack would last a few games, a season at most. If that's the case, they should take him to a priest "na ton ksematiasei".

Scoring goals is a skill, some have it some don't. I gave an example in the past saying that when I was a youngter I played as a forward and would score tonnes of goals but the older I got I couldn't because I didn't have that skill at higher levels. Goumas that plays at PAO has goal scoring records with PAO's junior teams that still stand but as he got older, his goals got thinner. That's why he was changed position (as was I). He was a good player but not a GOAL SCORER.

The same applies for Okkas. He's good but not a goal scorer.

Archived