Phantis Forums

Okkas saving the RED!

bides

What do u guys think of Mr Yiannis Okkas saving your team for two games in a row... The first was the cup game where if it was not for him creating chances and scoring you would have been eliminated>. Today against Iraklis he came off the bench and again the efense could not handle him and he caused a penelty.. Im sick and tired of people cutting this guy up he had a string of bad luck but even though he was not scoring he was still creating chances for his team.. two games in a row he saved your sorry assess they should be kissing his feet.. You guys should be five points back not two!!!!!

face it okkas blows.

he didnt do anything vs kallithea, it was pure luck man......how many easy chances does he need to miss ???? if he was from any other island you wouldnt defend him....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okkas is dynamic and fast....that's why he can open spaces and create chances for him or his mates.....

But due to his very limited technical abilities with the ball..... he can't finish......

It has nothing to do with bad luck...when he misses a chance......... it has more to do with luck when he scores....as the shoots are always unorthodoxical.....

I observed him one year with AEK..... and I also saw him live.....

Nevertheless he is a valuable player for his team...as he can create chances.....

Guest Protathlitis

I dont think Okkas should be at Oly but why are people rubbishing the goal he got against kallithea? it was a quality and acrobatic finish, I didnt know he was capable of it.

I know what Bides means; hes just saying that just about every part of his game is pretty good and sophisticated except for his brain explosions in front of goal. Bides said that the other parts of his game are 'world class' and thats fair enough just that his finishing is horrible and that makes him a mediocre striker

Okkas is dynamic and fast....that's why he can open spaces and create chances for him or his mates.....

But due to his very limited technical abilities with the ball..... he can't finish......

Our friend Nightsurfer might have a valid point here ladies and gentlemen, but we are talking about missing CLASSIC opportunities in lots of cases, that surely cant be from having "limited technical abilities" Hell even Konstandinou is finally finding the back net for the greens this season. But yes, most definately one word that describes Okkas is UNORTHODOX... :D

drakos13: are you sure you want to say that? even last year where he played out of position he contributed heavily, i really dont see how you can say that when you have a similar styled player on your roster whom you obviously stand by.

one thing, he is an intergal part of the team offensively (when playing) and i dont think anyone can deny that, wether he scores or not his contribution is noted.

Non have you have any clue about soccer, I couldnt care less where he comes from this guy was wanted by every Greek team and Know he is with the Reds.. If you look at the Champions League stats he was the most fouled player in the League that speks mountains.. yeah he lacks finishing but he does everything else... I ask this again why does he score when MIhalakis is beside him answer me... I guess Papadopolous is better right why dont people cut him up he has not scored in four months..... How many goals does he have for the Greek National Team..... people dont say a word, why I ask Im a Pana fan this guy should be sitting on the bench what did he do in champions League... you should not characterize a guys football abilities because he scores three goals vs a bottom greek league team and wins the scoring title..

Do you remember against Monaco Okkas had a goal called back that was in.. That would have put the reds in the Quarters he would have been a hero then.. I think you guys are all dreaming!!

face it okkas blows.

he didnt do anything vs kallithea, it was pure luck man......how many easy chances does he need to miss ???? if he was from any other island you wouldnt defend him....

Did he score the goal did they win the game yeah case closed did they continue in the Kypello yes.. Why cause okkas scored.. Did they get three points against Iraklis yes why cause okkas got a penelty .. Does that count as a stat No....Why did he play for paok and then aek and then then the reds because he sucks.. I came name you have the players in the Greek league that are useless!!! they dont have half the skill he does.. Hes bad luck okkas has never been a 20 goal year man never has and never will he does other things to contribute...

really? no clue about it? man everything that has touched that island u praise. accept it- okkas is like pappou says, a KATSIKI. He dribbles a bit, but scoring a lousy, lucky goal vs kallithea doesnt make him OSFP's savior. any player could do the same thing. if Okkas is the savior, why cant he score from 3 feet away when OSFP - Aigaleo is 2-2 late in the game????????? there are millions of other examples i don want to write. If he was a quarter decent at finishing i could think better of him- even vs France- he opens 2 straight one on ones to take the lead. Let him graze back in the A ethniki kyprou, but im happy that hes at OSFP and he keeps getting put in, because i like seeing OSFP do poorly.

contribution????? come on --- with giovanni and Okkas up front i think its obvious where the problem in your team is heavily-----strikers. you are going to blame the fines when u lose the prota8lima but if he could finish just 20% more of his chances u will do way better.

Buddy i dont cheeer for the reds im a panathanaikos fan so i dont dont know what ur talking about!! I cant stand the reds, all i said was give it up on Okkas he saved the reds the last wo games.... I praised 4 players Mihalaki Bides, krassas and Okkas thats it.. whats not to praise stop bringing up the island cause i dont care im praising the players... Okkas cant finish your right theres more to finishing in football its creating and helping your team win.....If you read my posts before im a green thru and thru get ur facts striaght... You couldnt answer me on questions before.. i figured soo!! Its ok!!!

I think Bajevic should make Okkas better. How do you do this? Uhhh, I dunno, maybe YOU PUT HIM THE STARTING LINEUP! Giovanni still has something left and still starts. Castillo is disappointing, so okkas should have his spot. once he does, greek league keepers will be crying. And when he beats Galinovic at Leoforos later this season, you'll see what I mean.

Guest Protathlitis

Bides are you saying that we should overlook the fact that hes a striker who cant score?

I dont think we should persist with players who are no good; we are not pao.

The amount of important easy chances he has missed, I dont blame Bajevic for not playing him.

Still why are people dismissing his goal as lucky and scrapy though? It was a quality finish. Still its not enough to forget those vital chances he missed

You tell me why you guys got knocked out against Liverpool.. Winning 1-0 and losing it.. What mistakes did Bayevic make.. all tell you why he had Okkas warming up from the 45th minute and he put him on in the 90th when you guys already lost the game... why were people bitching and complaining Because okkas was not on the field Giovanni and Rivaldo could not even move in the second half he needed speed on the pitch but he did not put Mr okkas on and thats why u guys got knocked out Bad coaching everyone was crying because Bayevic was at fault....One day they love Okkas the next day they hate him oh well have fun in Uefa like us will see Okkas reedem himself...

You tell me why you guys got knocked out against Liverpool.. Winning 1-0 and losing it.. What mistakes did Bayevic make.. all tell you why he had Okkas warming up from the 45th minute and he put him on in the 90th when you guys already lost the game... why were people bitching and complaining Because okkas was not on the field Giovanni and Rivaldo could not even move in the second half he needed speed on the pitch but he did not put Mr okkas on and thats why u guys got knocked out Bad coaching everyone was crying because Bayevic was at fault....One day they love Okkas the next day they hate him oh well have fun in Uefa like us will see Okkas reedem himself...

to follow up on your point

Okkas if u remembered played a very strong game v Liverpool at Karaiskaki

Bajevic clearly saw that both georgadis and giovanni were just too slow

okkas as bad as he has been could have been given a chance to shine and prove his worth

rather it took till the 90th for him to come in which the game was over by then

Okkas speed would have helped the situation i am not saying he would have changed the outcome of the game but give it a better shot on winning

look i have been the harshest on okkas for is inept to score goals

i mean lets be honest here would Olympiakos have progressed to the final 16 if they had a good striker??

Yes they would have

is okkas a good striker not to this point

but he will be given a chance to prove that he is

I praised 4 players Mihalaki Bides, krassas and Okkas thats it.. whats not to praise stop bringing up the island cause i dont care im praising the players...

he only brings it up because if you havent notice that u seem to b only praising cyp players :o

Question name one player in this forum that u have praised that is non-cyp???

I belive the answer is Zero :rolleyes:

So excuse me and the rest for thinking ur bias and over dramatic with ur praises... if u ever player CL manager then ur praises would be "like a pinch of salt, as you always praise em" :blink:

he only brings it up because if you havent notice that u seem to b only praising cyp players :o

Question name one player in this forum that u have praised that is non-cyp???

I belive the answer is Zero :rolleyes:

So excuse me and the rest for thinking ur bias and over dramatic with ur praises... if u ever player CL manager then ur praises would be "like a pinch of salt, as you always praise em" :blink:

What r u talking about.. This topic was old news if u read all my forums i have praised other players as well.. One of my fav is georgatos, Lymperopulos id great too.. Im a pao fan i was just sticking up for the island..You have a problem with that too bad....have fun watching Mihalaki and Bides avrio should be a good game...

u r a complete idiot my friends, i like bidis and mihali, u sound like a poof the way u talk about em, and its really getting old everytime u praise em...

Get a girlfriend or something....

Hey little boy Im married. Go to a gay forum if you have male interests.. Greeks are proud.. Its in our blind sorry if Im proud of my heritage...

u r a complete idiot my friends, i like bidis and mihali, u sound like a poof the way u talk about em, and its really getting old everytime u praise em...

Get a girlfriend or something....

It gets on your nerves when I praise Cypriots... too bad!!!!

Archived