Phantis Forums

OLYMPIAKOS V LIVERPOOL LIVE ON SBS IN AUSTRALIA

well there's logic for you, so you would rather see an English team beat a Greek team. As opposed to looking at the bigger picture which is when all Greek teams do well in the champions league and uefa cup. The Greek League as a whole (which is currently ranked 6th(uefa)) will ensure the top 6 Greek teams go to CL & Uefa competitions and ensures extra tv & ticket revenues for those teams who qualify can only help the Greek League become better especially for teams Like Paok or an OFI or a Xanthi if they make it and can get a little needed cash boost .

well there's logic for you, so you would rather see an English team beat a Greek team. As opposed to looking at the bigger picture which is when all Greek teams do well in the champions league and uefa cup. The Greek League as a whole (which is currently ranked 6th(uefa)) will ensure the top 6 Greek teams go to CL & Uefa competitions and ensures extra tv & ticket revenues for those teams who qualify can only help the Greek League become better especially for teams Like Paok or an OFI or a Xanthi if they make it and can get a little needed cash boost .

no its not its down to 8th now.....still OSFP is OSFP no matter what league they are in. PAO hates them, they hate us.

8th , 6th whatever , my point is it EFFECTS the Greek League entirely. I know I know they hate us, we hate them. Talk about a third world mentality. Hence why the Greek League will always be regulated to a non factor in European Club Football. Unlike the Italians or the English who are smart enough to capitalize on their domestic rivalries, but have the business sense to promote their entire league in European competitions.

not really. thats a broad statement.

I support Liverpool to win because i hate gavros. Why is greek league being "regulated to a non factor"? because of PAO and OSFP's wishes to see each other fail? How does this affect the football? Ill answer, It doesnt. I could scream from my couch OSFP ole whatever and they are still going to lose or win and have no difference in the Greek Leagues performance in europe. It makes no difference, you cant say that this is holding greek football back that supporters dont cheer for their arch enemies in europe....Its not a "3rd world" mentality, thats ridiculous. Its called a rivalry, it has to do with sports, and we hate and curse OSFP all year long why will we be hypocrites and get excited when they win in europe? This weekend we were obsessed with hate for each other (watch some videos of OSFP fans in Karaiskak from the derby throwing objects and grenades at PAO players) and are you saying they should turn around tonight and cheer PAO on?

Do you think Barcelona supports Real in europe? Lazio supporting Roma? do you think in Liverpool the fans are going crazy when Manchester United goes to a final???? come on. Even in Glascow last year with Rangers many fans in the PAO section were Celtic fans......

If PAO fans dont support OSFP in europe it wont make not a billionth of a percent in the greek leagues performance in europe and same with OSFP and PAO.

your missing my point, I hate Pao as an Olympiakos fan, I think rivalries are healthy and with out them the domestic leagues would be boring.

However as I said before, the better the Greek teams do in Europe the more spots Greek teams get in european competitions this will have a trickle down effect to the domestic league , which could only better the domestic league.

Do we really want to become the next Scottish League that only has two good teams? And it is a third world mentality, do you ever listen to British Sports Broadcasters, when there teams play in Europe they drop the internal rivalries and at least show surface support.

And do you really think other European fans are sitting around talking about the time when Pao when to the final four 8 years ago or when Osfp went to the quarters 6 years ago? Fans only remember winners - so there is your non factor.

And your right about the Rangers fans, or Lazio fans, etc etc. But you can't tell me if you are a owner of a football club in Serie A, as a business owner , you secretly would want your rival to do well in Europe in order to put more Italian teams in the competition, which means more cash, which means better teams, which means when AS Roma is playing Udinese there are 50,000 fans in the stadium because its not going to be another blow out game.

maybe I am wrong

your missing my point, I hate Pao as an Olympiakos fan, I think rivalries are healthy and with out them the domestic leagues would be boring.

However as I said before, the better the Greek teams do in Europe the more spots Greek teams get in european competitions this will have a trickle down effect to the domestic league , which could only better the domestic league.

Do we really want to become the next Scottish League that only has two good teams? And it is a third world mentality, do you ever listen to British Sports Broadcasters, when there teams play in Europe they drop the internal rivalries and at least show surface support.

And do you really think other European fans are sitting around talking about the time when Pao when to the final four 8 years ago or when Osfp went to the quarters 6 years ago? Fans only remember winners - so there is your non factor.

And your right about the Rangers fans, or Lazio fans, etc etc. But you can't tell me if you are a owner of a football club in Serie A, as a business owner , you secretly would want your rival to do well in Europe in order to put more Italian teams in the competition, which means more cash, which means better teams, which means when AS Roma is playing Udinese there are 50,000 fans in the stadium because its not going to be another blow out game.

maybe I am wrong

british BROADCASTERS. that has not a single thign to do with it. In greece they do the same, if a broadcaster ever puts his own club prefrences in his work hes going to be fired. he has to keep audience happy.

I understand the greek league points system. We are also way behind realistically getting back into 6th (since FC Porto won uefa and CL) and sort of stuck.... I want to be first trust me, but I dont want OSFP to have anything to do with it.

Yes, there is a long run growth, but I am not an owner, and i dont really give a ###### about the long run financial growth of my club if it means OSFP winning

More money for Kavourogiannides to hold back from the team... ;)

As far as non factor- where the hell is talking about the quarter finals fit in to all this?????? i never said anything about this. This is about not supporting your hated rival in europe.

Roma dont get 50.000 vs Udinese (also we are talking about Roma, and Udinese is 3rd or 4th in the league so thats not quite a blowout to be expected), and Italian teams are right on top, Milan, Juventus are definitly in the top 5 sides in the world...Italian clubs have been at a level so high up for so many years and you dont see that.

obviously OSFP and Pao will always have the finances to put good teams on the field. However if the Greek League as a whole does well in Europe , teams such as Xanthi , Ofi etc etc can, if they qualify for Europe , will inject much needed cash , which hopefully translates to better players and stadiums and more fans at the games. I don't care if Pao builds up their finances, but I do care to see the other teams in the A division become competitive. It makes the league better and even helps the national team.

No offense but waiting around all year for two games out of the calendar when Pao and Osfp play is getting old. Would you not for competition sake would like to see other teams to be competitve, so every sunday is not some boring escapade.

And obviously the Italian teams have been at a very high level for years because they succeed as a League. What don't you understand , the success of the league depends on other teams being competitive also. Why do you think the Italian and English leagues are successfully because there is a balance to a certain point.

sorry but I am trying to look at this through a strategic lense.

Archived