Phantis Forums

Greek Cup TV rights

That's what we've all been saying for years now.

What do we have to do?

There's got to be a mass of people that would pay $$ to see these games just like the Brits do when they want to watch their games on the weekend. They can call up PPV and have their match.

Ziaka, cant' we get some sort of a petition that can be sebt out electronically and then forwarded to these "big shots" so they can see the intrest level?

Just thinking outloud.

Great job by the way :tup:

• 3 weeks later...

ERT will show some Greek Cup games tommorrow live. Not sure if there has been agreement between EPO and ERT for the Greek Cup TV rights. Not sure if ERT-sat will show the games as well.

NET will show live PAOK - Aigaleo at 16:00 GR and Olympiakos - Kallithea at 19:00 GR.

It's confirmed, ERT has acquired the TV rights for this year's Greek Cup.

Maybe now ERT-Sat will be showing the cup games live instead of tape delayed as they used to, when Supersport controlled the rights. This should include the Cup final.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NET in Greece is showing Xanthi - Aigaleo as well as AEK - PAO cup games. Even though I don't have official confirmatiuon, I will say that 99.9% both games will be shown live on ERT-Sat.

Panathinaikos_Trifilli, The only official sources available are ERT itself, but on many occasions that broadcasting company sponsored by people's taxes, is very poor in communicationg with its viewers and listeners. Given that fact, it is very hard to get concrete information from them concerning the games they will show. With that in mind the one and only place where you can find schedules of Greek soccer games on TV all over the world is the TV Schedules page that I put together. Here is the link to the site:

Greek Soccer TV Schedules

Only confirmed information is included on that site.

Hey guys,

I just saw a commercial on ERT SAT a few days ago, I think it was saying that they would be showing live coverage of PAO-AEK. I thought it was old because they just played each other a few weeks ago in the league. But I wasn't aware that they are also meeting each other in the Greek Cup?! So I guess this is the game they must have been referring to. They did not give a date or time as I recall.

:tup: GO PAO GO!!!!!

:gr: Bravo ERT! It's about time you show some games, hopefully the NT Games will be coming to ERT also!!

Panathinaikos_Trifilli

Here is the deal with ERT-Sat. ERT-Sat is the international channel that is transmitted by ERT and is intended for reception throughout the World. Normally everyone outside Greece receives the same feed of ERT-Sat. The only difference is with the transmission of the soccer games.

ERT-Sat shows the home league games of AEK and Panathinaikos, but because they take the games from Supersport, they made a deal that allows them to show those games only in USA and Australia. Those games are not available in Europe.

As for the Greek Cup games, since the rights to those games are owned by ERT, they are able to show them everywhere, including Europe.

Archived