Phantis Forums

Please help

fcportoultra

Saturday night I bet 50 euros with a guy. We were watching the Porto game on tv and at half time greek football came on ( the discussion was about all the small Superliga teams playing too defensively) and the guy spreaded all his world football knowledge claiming that Anastopoulos was a reputated Panathinaikos player in the eighties.

I said, no he played for Olympiakos

Can someone tell us the name of the team in which Anastopoulos played most of his career?

I´m not saying I´m right, just want to be sure.

haha you are 50 euros richer congrats portoultra!

he is definitly not a PAO player....and im very sure he only played for the geys.........the most reputed player for PAO in 80's was Saravakos....

and greek national team may have been defensive this year to you but in general i think the greek club football is not ...

try this for a quick example ........ Click for 50 euros

Thank you so much Drakos!!

Not only for the answer but also for the link that will destroy all his hopes of claiming that there was another famous Anastopoulos in PAO.

Funnily enough the other name involved in the confusion was Saravakos. :D

As for playing defensively you just cant escape the reputation now. :D

But mostly is ignorance, people rarely see greek teams playing so they should shut up with the defensively thing. We play Chelsea on Wdnesday, I have the feeling we wont be an attacking team, dont want no english bitching if they lose.

Each one fights with the weapons they have. I know I said otherwise in the past, but now I know better.

I read Henrys statements and he is an idiot. Hope you win against them.

Well done for the 50 euros FCportoultra... :tup:

Anastopoulos never played for PAO he played most of his time with Oly and then was (I Think) the first Greek player to get a transfer overseas. He played for Avelino in Campionato.... Of course he did not score any goals!!!! :P

P.S. You shouldn't be ashamed for playing defensively... Thats what football is all about.... The greatest teams in the world played, are playing, and always will play defensively... Milan, Juve, Panathinaikos, Greece, Italy etc.... :P :tup:

Archived