Phantis Forums

Athlitiki Kyriaki

It was their first show....so they have some kinks to workout. But I would take anything over the 2 clowns that hosted it last season. Besides Athlitiki Kyriakh, did ERT show anything else this weekend?

Soes anyone have any idea whats happening with the Supersport teams, or how about besides the OSFP game what did APLHA show over their satellite feed into N America?

Ziaka has your contact at Setanta updated you recently?

I'm in Virginia and I got the chance to see the game from ANT Satelite and the Athlitiki Kyriaki.

The game on Antenna Satelite was great but the 2 things that I need to say is that ANT has terrible picture coming through. If you pay attention to the other Greek channels (MEGA & EPT) they come out VERY clean. Antenna's is terrible. The other thing is their commentator. Did anyone else catch the fact that he was smoking thorughout the game and was puffing away and not only was it loud but after awhile it was pretty much disgusting as a "professional commentator" if he's even that.

Athlitiki Kyriaki was good also, the one thing is that I'm really glad they got rid of the other 2 guys. The old man was a JOKE. And the younger guy....... well he needed help. Now as far as these 2 new faces, they're going to do their job at the end of the day and that's about it. As long as they are reporting soccer I don't care who's doing it.

Finally, I guess we're just spoiled over here in the states because we have some great commentators that work well together and can cover sporting events like no others..

What do you all think?

Has anyone seen the "new" Athlitiki Kyriaki on NET (and ERT-Sat outside of  Greece)? I would like to know what you think about the new hosts of the program?

Well, actually I thought myself to open this topic.....

As for my self I m very disappointed....that Panutsos & Karpetopoulos is not any more moderating the "Athlitiki Kyriaki"....

I liked both of them, because it was very amusing to watch it.... , especially Panutsos was unconventional...., which is something that I like....

It was a different sport moderating than I m used to see around Europe.

The show had a lot of humor , fantasy and creativity thanks Panoutsos..... although he was not a total expert of football. Karpetopoulos was the "good guy"... but with more football knowledge...., but he was dominated by the extravagant Panoutsos.

Last night, I sat in front of the TV... and was looking forward to see again Karpetopoulos & Panutsos...... as the show was original......

Instead I saw "mia dontou, vyzarou me oraes gambes"..... and a guy...giving me the impression of just having graduating his MBA degree........

It was very embarrasing to see the show..... because they tried very hard to give the impression that their conversations were spontaneous..... but you could observe, how the speeches were pre-organised..... awful... Both were very unsecure....

ERT is copying RAI (Italian) therefore the show does not look original.....

On a general note, I would like that the highlights of the Greek games are much longer.... with some analyzing sequences....... but this show offers quantity...and not quality.....

Ax re Karpetopoulo & Panoutso....... h 3enomania twn Ellhnon sas efage...

I was not a big fan of the Karpetopoulos/Panoutsos duo either, but I have to say that the Karamanli/Katsaros as hosts need a lot of improvements. The chemistry between the two is missing. Also, I don't want some guy in suit commenting on soccer games.

ERT-Sat did not show any games this weekend. Hopefully they will show some in the future.

As for Antenna broadcasts, the picture feed here in the US is poor, but it always has been poor. And that is not limited to the soccer games only. Of the three Greek channels Antenna has the worst picture quality. it probably has to do with the signal delivery to Dishnetwork from Greece. If I remember correct, the signals from ER-Sat and Mega are delivered by the same communications company, while Antenna uses a different signal delivery company.

Finally, I have not heard any news from Setanta.

After Giannis Diakogiannis doing the original Athlitikh Kyriakh for a number of years, the rest are just "odontokremes"... :LOL:

At least we should be glad it is not Fountoukidis, the most boring announcer EVER :o

I like more sports and less talk.

The commentating can take place while the highlights are on

I want to see Helakis do a show, that could be exciting!

He has become a legend after the Euro :gr: :tup:

What time was A.K., still 23:00 Greek time?

PEACE

PAO71, thanks for the great news on the soccer games on ERT-Sat. I knew eventually they would start showing the games. They have been doing that for several years now.

Yes, Athlitiki Kyriaki was on at 23:00 GR time.

As for Aman! Ta Katharmata, it is on Antenna, but their shows are not on as frequently as they used to in the past. For while few years ago the was on the air on weekly basis. These days it's a new show every 2 or 3 months, and usually it is a show for special ocasions (the last one was a show about the Athens Olympics). I wish they would be on more often. As for the fat guy, I am wondering what happened to him myself. If you go to their web site, there are video clips from the past shows.

I recall that in the past, he has blown his nose during the game, has been coughing in the mike and I believe he even flushed the toilet once. While there have been instances that ANT1 announcers have called some games from the actual field, it sounds like this particular guy I am talking about has been announcing the games from his own house!!

:LOL:

You know, i really do wonder where he calls the games from, because it wasnt karaiskaki.

Archived