Giourkas Seitaridis - (retired)

pao123

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maniche unhappy in Moscow

Reuters

Portugal midfielder Maniche says he is deeply unhappy at Dynamo Moscow and wants a move away from the Russian capital.

The 27-year-old midfielder was sold to Dynamo from Porto along with midfielder Costinha in May for a combined 20 million euro ($A32.87 million).

"I am not well, nor is my family. I don't like the country, I don't like the championship and I don't like the weather," Lusa news agency quoted him as saying.

"I've already transmitted my dissatisfaction to my agent and right now it's necessary to reach an understanding with Dynamo officials."

Maniche spoke to reporters in Almancil, in southern Portugal. The national side is there preparing to play Russia on Wednesday in a World Cup European Group Three qualifier.

"I'm not saying I'm sorry, but if it were today I'd have thought twice about leaving Porto," Lusa quoted him as saying.

"Money isn't everything in life."

I wonder how seitaridis is coping?

I reckon he should get out of there too but if his got the russian chix keeping him warm he may feel differnt

"I don't like the country, I don't like the championship and I don't like the weather"

Undoubtidly harsh, but no suprise, I mean what did he expect to find in Russia ?

As for "Yiourkas" I'am sure he loves it there finding his roots and all, how unfortunate for such a player that had so much going for him, tsk tsk. Hopefully Dynamo crash on all fronts this season, and clean ship like Porto :tup:

Maniche unhappy in Moscow

Reuters

Portugal midfielder Maniche says he is deeply unhappy at Dynamo Moscow and wants a move away from the Russian capital.

The 27-year-old midfielder was sold to Dynamo from Porto along with midfielder Costinha in May for a combined 20 million euro ($A32.87 million).

"I am not well, nor is my family. I don't like the country, I don't like the championship and I don't like the weather," Lusa news agency quoted him as saying.

"I've already transmitted my dissatisfaction to my agent and right now it's necessary to reach an understanding with Dynamo officials."

Maniche spoke to reporters in Almancil, in southern Portugal. The national side is there preparing to play Russia on Wednesday in a World Cup European Group Three qualifier.

"I'm not saying I'm sorry, but if it were today I'd have thought twice about leaving Porto," Lusa quoted him as saying.

"Money isn't everything in life."

I wonder how seitaridis is coping?

I reckon he should get out of there too but if his got the russian chix keeping him warm he may feel differnt

this is very harsh, i hope not alot of russians read that, they would be deeply offended.

now maniche needs security :LOL:

Portugal concern for Maniche

PA Sport

The Portuguese Football Federation is considering hiring extra security to protect Maniche as it prepares for Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against Russia in Moscow.

The Portugal midfielder has faced heavy criticism after revealing his wish to abandon current club Dinamo Moscow just three months after his arrival in Russia from Porto.

Maniche has caused controversy in Russia after saying that: "Russian players look at foreigners as invaders who are only interested in money."

"Our head of security will give the necessary indications to the Russian authorities to reinforce the security so that nothing happens," said Amandio de Carvalho, vice-president of the PFP.

"It's obvious that we will try to protect our player. It's true that he said what he felt in those comments but it's obvious that the timing wasn't the best."

Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari expects a challenging clash against the third-placed Russians, who will try to reduce their five-point deficit against the Group 3 leaders.

"The Russians will play as though this clash is a life or death situation," Scolari said.

"We respect all our rivals, we know Russia's potential but we expect to get a positive result, a win would be ideal but a draw would also be a good result."

Three points for Portugal would guarantee Scolari's men a place in Germany next year.

"We want to give our fans a great joy for what they have given us throughout the years," Scolari added.

"It would be the first time that our national team would qualify for a second consecutive time for the World Cup."

Scolari is set to play with the starting line-up that beat Luxembourg 6-0 in last Saturday's World Cup qualifier in the Algarve, with captain Luis Figo, Pauleta and Cristiano Ronaldo in attack.

Second-placed Slovakia go into the clash at Latvia buoyed by their weekend friendly win over Germany.

Coach Dusan Galis is relieved that all his players have come through unscathed and he can choose from an injury-free squad for the game in Riga.

He said: "We waited to see what the injury situation would be and I am pleased to say that all the players are okay, including Stanislav Varga."

"Morale in the team is good, we are all happy after the defeat of Germany and we will now concentrate 100% on the game against Latvia."

The other match in the group is between minnows Liechtenstein and Luxembourg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not sure if this is total gossip, but i heard that seitaridi is now engaged to a turkish woman.

apparently, she was/is miss turkey and currently a model.

anyways, hehe...i know some turkish women and i find it almost an impossibilty that greek christian and muslim turk (especially a woman) can get married...unless they decided on only a civil marriage.

anyways, if true, i wish them well and hopefully she is what seitaridis needs to relax, have a clear mind and be calm on the pitch.

Actually it IS true, but he is not Seitaridis the soccer player!

Apparently there's a Greek actor called George Seitaridis and he did get married to Miss Turkey, who was baptised Christian...and from what I hear her parents are not happy at all!

^^^^^Iliana is right!!I heard it too!!!!!He is an actor with the same name!

Thank God...Giourkas is my favourite!! :wub:

He was the reason that I started to watch every single game of PAO!Until then I watched only the derbies.. :rolleyes:

I watched most of Porto games too....Alla twra ekei pou ton esteilan,mono an paw Rwsia tha ton dw!As einai kala i Ehtniki!! :D

Thank God...Giourkas is my favourite!! :wub:

He was the reason that I started to watch every single game of PAO!Until then I watched only the derbies.. :rolleyes:

I watched most of Porto games too....Alla twra ekei pou ton esteilan,mono an paw Rwsia tha ton dw!As einai kala i Ehtniki!! :D

same here!!

Se parakalw,to STAR einai statheri aksia se tetoia themata.....mono se tetoia omws!! :P

En tw metaksy mia mera persi,edina eksetaseis sto panepistimio.Htan mia mera meta apo ena agwna tis ethnikis,de thymamai me poia omada.Kathws loipon gyrnousa apto panepistimio kai imoun kapou sto Syntagma me pairnei tilefwno mia kolliti mou pou katebaine kentro(Kolwnaki) me to aisthima kai mou eipe na paw mazi tous.Egw arnithika giati bariomoun i xazi!!

H kolliti mou de blepei mpalla ktl alla kserei poioi paiktes mou aresoun kai iksere gia to Giourka!O filos tis itan kai bazelos kai me douleye kiolas!Mi sta polilogw meta apo mia wra me pairnei tilefwno kai mou leei na tsakistw na paw Kolwnaki giati einai ekei o Giourkas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Eixe paei sti Puma me tin aderfi tou kai tis eixe parei olo to magazi....Eixe kai mia aytokinitara terastia.Kai oi xazoi de ton trabiksan mia photo,de tou piran ena autografo,tipota!!!De mporeis na fantasteis pws imoun,eixa skasei apti zilia mou!!!!M eipe oti einai pio wraios apo konta! :wub: :wub:

what's this now i leave for a few days and come back to find the volleyball team in here :LOL:

anyway my turkish friend told me a few months ago about a movie w/ a good looking famous greek actor, forgot the name, but he marries a turkish woman and both families are not happy but nontheless the wedding goes ahead. don't know if there's any connection here but just pointing out an interesting coincidence.

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to Giourkas Seitaridis - (retired)

Archived