Phantis Forums

Giourkas Seitaridis - (retired)

pao123

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Seitaridis has began warmups and will return to playing shortly...

Rumours in the Greek press are that Athletico are not happy with Seitaridis and they want to replace him with Torosidis. This of course would probably mean that Giourka returns to Greece (probably in swap deal for Toro), not too surprising when you consider his lacklustre performances since going abroad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TheLegend

its sad to see it or say it but i think hes done. Hes not gona join a big team and play in a top team for a top league. Very disapointing performances lately and unless he rejoins a club for which he will play constantly and perform well atletico is the best hell ever do.

He's finished as a player.

Simply not good enough.

He will most likely return to PAS Giannena and play out his remaining days there until he takes out a Greek sindaksi.

Thanks for the memories re phile, don't let the Greek 3rd division get you down.

:LOL: :LOL: He's not that bad!

@Aek66: rumours from Spain are that Espanyol and PAO are interested. I'd rather seem him at PAO, because at the Greens there'd be an onus to attack and that could enable him to redisover that side of his game.

He's finished as a player.

Simply not good enough.

He will most likely return to PAS Giannena and play out his remaining days there until he takes out a Greek sindaksi.

Thanks for the memories re phile, don't let the Greek 3rd division get you down.

:LOL: :LOL: He's not that bad!

@Aek66: rumours from Spain are that Espanyol and PAO are interested. I'd rather seem him at PAO, because at the Greens there'd be an onus to attack and that could enable him to redisover that side of his game.

No thanks.

Seitaridis is not PAO material any longer.

Besides, his attacking skills have been greatly exaggerated over the years. When he played at PAO, I always remember watching in frustration game after game when he would run down the line with some nice moves only to send a horrid cross to the birds. His game was at its best in EURO 04, and he has regressed ever since.

Maybe not PAS Giannena, but probably Panionios or OFI might be a better fit.

Guest TheLegend

from what hes showin recently he can easily play for any top greek team for now... but in a few years hes gona end up like kapsis somwhere in cyprus... its pretty sad. he seemed to have potential. hopefully we are wrong but you know what.... torosidis on the right and spyropoulos on the left isnt that bad ;)

i don't know which way otto will go, but i'd still like to see my back 4 tried out:

torosidis------------------------seitaridis---------kyrgiakos------------------spyropoulos

there should be 1 friendly in august before the w.c. qualifiers start in september. not much room for experiment here.

i like your idea but realistically speaking would you prefer giourkas over papastathopouos, tavlaridis, avraam or moras, etc.?

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to Giourkas Seitaridis - (retired)

Archived