Phantis Forums

Who will be the new coach of PAO

Who would you like to see as the next PAO coach?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as the next PAO coach?

• Bajevic
    • Some BIG name coach (i.e. Ranieri perhaps?)
    • Dumitrescu (probably a good idea?)
    • Stay with Schum
    • Hatzaras

If this was one of basinas best seasons, then i dont want him, he can play well, but its llike he chooses when he wants too play.

Ive seen zutauta play more through balls than Basina this season. Even though i prefer basinas over zuta.

If its true were are signing a quality DM, then i want that player to play, rather than play alongside basina!!

Basinas this year was forced to play a different position than all the other years and successfully did it. HIs role last year was to mark and take free kicks and penalties. This year he was our central midfielder. He was in chanrge of everything. Organizing our attacks and even creating them. As well as marking, taking our free kicks, corners, penalties and everything else. He was even our second leading goal scorer with 10 goals. If any other player would have been in his position this year we would have had huge holes. If an attacking player like Deco leys say was to play his position then we would have a huge problem on defense cause there would be nobody to mark in midfield other than Zutautas who doesn't mark, he fouls. I mean the guy is a defensive midfielder, what else could he have possibly done this year. He did what was asked of him and more. It's Zutautas that is the useless one. The fact that you guys are calling Basinas useless is rediculous.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st Nobodu called him useless. I have just called him a crying b****h which is true...

2nd Who says that a player is good when he is involved in free kicks, corners, penaltys etc etc... Apart from penalties the guy did not make a single descent pass and a descent free kick... This guy thinks he is Zidane and he is taking all the set pieces. It is very annoying to have strong players in free kicks (Munch or even Vlaovic when he was playing) or passing the ball (Gonzalez, Sanmartean) and constantly watchin Basinas try to play a role that he cannot play....

3rd His defensive abilities are good but in todays foortball you need 11 players who can at least pass the ball to a 2 meter distance. Basinas is incapable of doing even that....

I am really fed up with him, take a hike you crying B****C or stay and start playing some ball!!!!

Basinas is not useless but when you compare him to the Basinas of 2 or 3 years ago, todays basinas is worse than Zuttautas!!!! And I dont know about you but I have higher expectations of players like Basinas that Sanmartean or Zutautas.... The only thing he did well this year is cry, moan, protest etc...

OYST!!!! :box:

HIs role last year was to mark and take free kicks and penalties.

Thats the only thing i saw him do this year!!

This year he was our central midfielder. He was in chanrge of everything. Organizing our attacks and even creating them.

Rarely effective, and very sporadic...if that was his role in most games this year he was very very ineffective!! Though i have to admit in some games he did organise in attack, but overall disappointing.

If an attacking player like Deco leys say was to play his position then we would have a huge problem on defense

The reason he is an awesome attacking midfielder his because he doesnt have to worry about defending, cause there are quality DM's at porto!!! Unlike PAO, thats why i prefer someone else to help Gonzalez more.

I mean the guy is a defensive midfielder,He did what was asked of him and more

A defensive Midfielder should know how to pass, and not just wrong around like a dog, and whinge like a cat!!

If he was asked to be more attacking and more of a central role like u said, im sorry he failed in too many games.

It's Zutautas that is the useless one. The fact that you guys are calling Basinas useless is rediculous.

We agree on Zutautas he is useless!!! Noone said basinas is entirely useless, i just think he is not irreplacable, and is ineffective in attack too often.

1st Nobodu called him useless. I have just called him a crying b****h which is true...

2nd Who says that a player is good when he is involved in free kicks, corners, penaltys etc etc... Apart from penalties the guy did not make a single descent pass and a descent free kick... This guy thinks he is Zidane and he is taking all the set pieces. It is very annoying to have strong players in free kicks (Munch or even Vlaovic when he was playing) or passing the ball (Gonzalez, Sanmartean) and constantly watchin Basinas try to play a role that he cannot play....

3rd His defensive abilities are good but in todays foortball you need 11 players who can at least pass the ball to a 2 meter distance. Basinas is incapable of doing even that....

I am really fed up with him, take a hike you crying B****C or stay and start playing some ball!!!!

Basinas is not useless but when you compare him to the Basinas of 2 or 3 years ago, todays basinas is worse than Zuttautas!!!! And I dont know about you but I have higher expectations of players like Basinas that Sanmartean or Zutautas.... The only thing he did well this year is cry, moan, protest etc...

OYST!!!! :box:

Your kidding right? Do you not remember how may free kick goals he scored this year. He was scroing almost every week the first half of the season. Second of all if you hate him cause he argues with the refs then you hate Michaelsen too, cause he complains even more than Basinas.

I remember very well... ZERO free kicks out of the 1.000 he almsot took, and ZERO ASSISTS!!! I guess you refer to the year before where he scored against Thrynos and Aris (I think) in Leoforos....

As far as Michaelsen, you are correct about his protesting, but I can see that he also plays football and tries very hard... He doesnt seem to stick to just moaning but rather he prefers to play hard in every game... I hope that Basinas could do the same instead of talking rubbish about the 'spirit' of the foreign players... If he had the spirit of Munch, Michaelsen, Gonzalez etc he would have done much better... ;)

Good morning gents,

As I see we are in midseason form, and trying desperately to improve our club once more. I have to agree with most of you that Basinas did not play well this year, and he often complained too much, neglecting to follow the play which resulted in the defense having to cover for him. I also believe that he was put into a differrent role and different responsibilities, than in previous years. This was also his first year without karagounis, who did a lot of the running and covered a lot of space for the midfield, which allowed basinas to be more offensive minded. However, this year, he actully had to defend more than ussual, which eventually tires one , and his effectiveness fails him. To those of us that have played, it was obvious that Basinas, spent the time arguing , because he was frustruated and tired. As a player he was not up to par and he knew it.....

The answer is not to let him go, but to strenghten the midfield, and allow Basinas to play his role and not to worry about covering space. :nw: :hypocrite: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Gee i wonder who scored a 30 meter free kick against AEK this year when we beat them 2-1. If it wasn't Basinas i wonder who it was? And what did you see from Basinas this year that made you think he doesn't play hard?

You are indeed correct about the AEK game... I completely forgot about that. But you have to admit that even if I was taking 1000 free kicks per season I would have scored at least 2 of them This is a statistic fact!!!

Now the only thing I saw from Basinas this year is moaning!!!!! :angry:

But the most frustrating is the wrong passes that he is making... Not even statistical evidence can show how many wrong passes he did...

You are indeed correct about the AEK game... I completely forgot about that. But you have to admit that even if I was taking 1000 free kicks per season I would have scored at least 2 of them This is a statistic fact!!!

Now the only thing I saw from Basinas this year is moaning!!!!! :angry:

But the most frustrating is the wrong passes that he is making... Not even statistical evidence can show how many wrong passes he did...

I will just let u answer for me Pappou...we agree on this topic, no point in us posting the same view!!

Archived