Phantis Forums

Who will be the new coach of PAO

Who would you like to see as the next PAO coach?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as the next PAO coach?

• Bajevic
    • Some BIG name coach (i.e. Ranieri perhaps?)
    • Dumitrescu (probably a good idea?)
    • Stay with Schum
    • Hatzaras

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say Schum has to go.

We are not always going to win games in the last few minutes and this year we have been lucky. The fact is, the style of play is not good. We should thank Schum in the summer and say goodbye. Then we should go after a big name.

Jean Tiggana anyone?

Tiganna gave Fulham promotion to the premier league and Fulham played some great attacking football. I think he is a very attack minded manager which suits the style of PAO. The fact is, we can get good managers to come because we play in tyhe champions league.

But Schum must go, he has been lucky.

He absolutely DOES NOT deserve another season! The Greek league isn't the best in the world and I'm sure we would have done even BETTER if Markarian had started in September and stayed to the end! What's the point when there are better coaches out there? Why take a chance with this guy in Europe when he hasn't done anything? Where's the logic in THAT??

i think PAO should do what Galatasaray did two years ago. under Mircea Lucescu Gala played up to the quarter finals and Last 16 in the CL in a respective period of two years and Gala also won the Championship after a big fight with Fener in 2001-02 season. The season ended on May 5, and Galatasaray fired Luce on May 7. Everybody accepted that he'd done a great job, but the team's performance was disgusting. It was always a player not the whole team that saved the day (mainly Umit Karan, Fleurquin or Arif) and the team's style of play was not appreciated by any Gala fan. :tdown:

yeah, it's true that Luce went on to crown Besiktas as champions in 2002-03 but it was true that he'd done it with the refs' help.

what if gauro sign Shum next year? :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh, what laughter!!! :P

SHUM SHOULD GO!!! :box:

I say Schum has to go.

We are not always going to win games in the last few minutes and this year we have been lucky.

It depends...if the referees lets the opponent player during injury exit in the injury time...consciously out of game......in order to give you scoring opportunity against 9 opponents........

pao123:

You think it's easy to gain promotion to the premier league? Do you know how many years Fullham were in the lower divisions before Tigana arrived? He not only won promotion in his first full season, he also kept Fullham in the premier league. He brought some great players to Fulham, like Malbranque and Saha. Hi style of management is very good and respected in England and in his native France. Just ask Monaco.

On Schum:

He has to go. He didn't do anything. We would be 6 points behind Gavros if we didn't have Olisadebe. This is because the style of play of this team doesn't allow for attacking football. We were lucky to have Manoli who scored late in games to give us victories. We won't always be that lucky and then you guys will wish we got rid of Scum when we had the chance.

After all this discussion, I still think PAO should keep Schum. Yes, I agree that PAO played poorly this year, but still won the double. Schum has made some bad decisions, but he has also made some good decisions. I say keep him and let the CL be an "exam" for him and see how well him and the team perform. If they do poorly, then they should let him go. :)

to Tihio...

PAO has no real luxury to try a coach's competence by risking their CL fate...

Shum to leave...

then candidates will come to mind... anastasiadis, chatsaras, markarean (distinctly the furthest possibility), ranieri, senol gunes :( , terim ;) , mustafa denizli :huh:

Schum has done good this year with PAO, he's got the double for PAO for crying out loud!!!! Doesn't that give a reason why he should be kept for next season. I'll admit again. he did make some mistakes, but the end result had a good ending. Schum now has experience with PAO, why throw it all away and get a new coach? All I'm trying to say is that for now, Schum is the guy to bring a second title for Panathinaikos. Not Bajevic, not some well known coach, Schum......for now that is.

And to The Turk:

I didn't just mean the CL, I forgot to mention the season as well. Sure, PAO doesn't have the best odds for winning the CL next year, so I think everyone would be pretty happy if they made the semi-finals, even the quarter finals. But I forgot to add that Schum is now a coach for this year's Greek Champions. One small mistake by the team in the season, and he's gone. Olympiakos got Alefthanos this season because they lost the lead, so this can be used as an example.

tigana did well with the team...im not doubting that he did alot for them but he didnt hold them up and when the pressure came on hard, he could not handle it...and in greece, the pressure is always on....the man has a terrible attitude...he looks calm on the side, but in the press rooms and to the players....hes just not for pao...

Archived