Phantis Forums

Who will be the new coach of PAO

Who would you like to see as the next PAO coach?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as the next PAO coach?

• Bajevic
    • Some BIG name coach (i.e. Ranieri perhaps?)
    • Dumitrescu (probably a good idea?)
    • Stay with Schum
    • Hatzaras

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its clearly best to stay with shcum cause he knows the team from the inside so with a couple of new KEY PLAYERS pao will easely also take next years championship and have a good run in europe( look at monaco and porto very small teams in the FINAL, they are not bigger than pao we should follow their example . :tup: :tup:

I agree with both pappou and slick.

I believe that all coaches should be given at least 2 years. On the other hand , I wish he could be more in charge and leave Zaec for potential transfers. I give Zaec credit for bringing players like Dimi, Munch, Morris, Equi, Lucian to the team.

I hope Schum stays. The man dealt with 10 new players , injuries to key players, the heavy mental state from last years loss, has been questioned throughout the season. Despite all that , he is on course on giving us the double. He deserves a second year.

I am with Schum.

What? This doikis bring us Ranieri?

Siga re paidia...na min mas feroun to Ranieri...

You guys been living on another planet in the last 7 years or what?

The fact is they will bring us a very unknown average coach. If you are dreaming as big as Ranieri, you have no idea about the Varddinogiannis family and the way they run PAO.

If they have so much tsabouka, let them keep Antoni first.

Shum must go gents. It's that simple. He's not the coach for PAO, not for making the team great. He doesn't have the stature and the vision and the ..guts.

The Greeek league sucks this year, if not most years. Shum showed us how he fields the team in Europe, where, may I remind you, we got punished.

It's Bajevits guys. Get used to it.

If we win, I don't see why we need to destroy what's brought us success. I personally wouldn't have picked Shum at the beginning of the year. He blew Champions League and UEFA but I truly feel that he's learned from his mistakes and has come a long way. He also knows wut it feels like to be under pressure from our demanding fans. :tup: If he wins the title, he more than deserves to stick around for another year, but granted that he gets us somewhere in Europe and doesn't bring in guys like Maric and Demba over the summer... ;)

Whats wrong with you guys, You really think that shum is the super coach for panathinaikos...........

Do you really think he pulls the strings in the team or zaets does.........

Don't forget this years Greek league is very week and olympiakos is not the super team it was in the past....

You want to measure this teams performance, look at our european record this year.......

Two words for this dismal..............

The dioktisi looked for a cheap soultion to last years failure and the name shum appeared.

We should have floged Olympiakos at leoforos, yet we looked weak and if it wasn't for the sent off, we would have struggled to get the result.

There is no consistency in his coaching and he seems to put new players in and out of the team on weekly basis.

The only reason why this squad has succeeded so far this year, has been the hunger of several players that has lifted the team.

As to shum ante gia kai kalo taxidi (he has no future in this club)

Au revoir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this nonsense? Who says he'll stay if we win the double? Shlum hasn't proven anything; we did well in the league this year because we happen to have very talented players. And the Greek league isn't Serie A or the Premiership; come on, wake up and smell the coffee. The real challenge is in Europe. There's no point in keeping this guy when there are better coaches available!

i have different views on shoum, but just to play devils advocate ill say this.......in the last 7 years, regardless of circumstance, has any of our coaches won us anything???

sure lets talk europe....the team has built up alot and has grown very much....the looseness and lack of cohesion and understanding in the team caused us to not have a good euro run..along with shoum making mistakes.....shoum has helped us win the cup and is on route to helping us win the double....with the summer period and hopefully some good signings, our team will be ready to play in eurpoe....even with an incredible coach, pao would not have done well in europe this year, the team was obviously not on the same page.....now we will see....give shoum acouple games in europe next year....if he appears to learn from his mistakes, then we keep him and hopefully all is well...if he conitues to make dumb errors, then give him the boot....in my eyes, any coach that helps us win the double should get one last chance in europe....

I dont have alot of time to enter this arguement right now, but I will say this. I and all of you will hate to admit this but we all know that OSFP has had a poor season and a weak team than any other of the past 7 years. PAO generally domestically has not at all been troubled greatly this season and we are and will become deserved champions, but the competition hasnt been as stiff and has only come from one team. AEK hasnt had its usual impact, PAOK has been great by its standards but is still far from reaching our level, and apart from the surprise packages, Aigaleo and Halkidona, the rest of the league cant and havent really done a whole lot to stop us.

Guys, I don't even want to get into whether Shum is a good tactician or something like that.

For me, Shum's only fault that really matters is that he allowed Nikopolides to be treated this way by the management. Being screwed in Europe is bad, but I can live with it, we're not Milan, we're PAO, we're allowed to screw up. What is simply unforgivable is screwing players like Antonis Nikopolides.

epeidi megalo onoma den prokite na er8ei psifizo ton evreo, esto gia 1 xrono.

me kerdise me 2 kineiseis tou

1. otan ston proto imiteliko me aek epe3e me pap-oli-mixali, asxeta ean den vgike

2. gia tin allagi tou eki ston teliko, sa na tou leei: ok eisai pextaras epe3es kala, to apedi3es, alla stin toumpa eprepe na se vgalo, perasmena 3exasmena, fantazeste ti 8a ekane o ntousan se analogi periptosi? :box:

It would be the greatest injustice to fire Shum as a double winner. The last timw we got the double was 10 years ago.

Fair enough, we PAO fans as opposed to the gavro fans take the european standards and not greek to see our value. This year, Shum humiliated us all in Europe. We were that dissapointed in going out to Auxerre, but were humiliated by the way the team playey and went out.

Shum is not stupid. I think he can learn from his mistakes and could do better next year in the CL. Let's not forget that we have practically a newish team. It's building started last summer, continued at Xmas and will continue this summer.

The seeds have been planted and we are already reaping the 1st rewards.

Being one of the few PAO supporters who believed in Schum and said that the guy is not that bad as people say, I will say it once more, the problem with Schum is not Tactics or football. It is simply the lack of standing up to Zaec...

And dont forget, the guy has been critisised by the press since the beginning and I think that the double is the best answer to all those people who critisise him..

I also think the he should stay but he has to do what he wants rather than letting the aliti Zaec make the calls....

P.S. besides the above, has any of you seen his daughter? :P

Archived