Phantis Forums

Takis Fyssas (?)

Ziaka

yes,thats the first time "jock" as been posted.

anyway,forget that, wot about the NT? i wos bored and thot id tune in,well,im glad i did. even takis struggled for pass marks.

i see many of you greeks are worried for european champs qualification, and i wonder if i'll be laughing at you and ethnikistis come 2008.....

(altho we have italy and france in qf's)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maroon4ever

What makes you think Hearts will qualify for the CL??? Dont get carried away, you're still just a glorified village team! Your squad has nothing! PAO destroyed Celtic 3-1 at Celtic Park, a side vastly superior to yours! PAO would destory you and I'd love it if you were drawn together in the UEFA Cup.

Can you please explain exactly when Panathanikos beat Celtic 3-1 at Celtic park?????

Like a lot of the stuff you have posted, you seem to be ignorant to the actual facts.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's amazing how most of you PAO fans whanted Fyssas ,Kara and some other players gone after that Oly game and now you want them back!!!! A re Aa8anath ELLADA!!!!

• 2 months later...

Ahh it's always good to see the old Greek/Scottish argument in the thread history.

Let us now compare FIFA rankings,international results and Champions League results from the respective league's top teams.

I thought not.

My apologies for the juvenile post,there was just no way I wasn't going to come back on here once we had sorted out our national game.

Scotland 1-0 France

France 0-1 Scotland

Lyon 0-3 Rangers

Celtic 2-1 AC Milan

:whistle:

I best add in,I miss Fyssas at Tynecastle :( ,how's he doing at Pana?

Ahh it's always good to see the old Greek/Scottish argument in the thread history.

Let us now compare FIFA rankings,international results and Champions League results from the respective league's top teams.

I thought not.

My apologies for the juvenile post,there was just no way I wasn't going to come back on here once we had sorted out our national game.

Scotland 1-0 France

France 0-1 Scotland

Lyon 0-3 Rangers

Celtic 2-1 AC Milan

:whistle:

I best add in,I miss Fyssas at Tynecastle :( ,how's he doing at Pana?

Well done, Scotland's acheivement's have been great. If you carry on playing like that then maybe you can one day be in a position to dream about winning what we've won :D

As for comparing results... you should do your homework before coming on here...

Olympiakos are top of their group with 4 points following a 3-1 win away at Weder.

And ALL the Greek teams advanced in the UEFA Cup.

Aris KO'd Real Zaragoza

Larissa (a team that only survived relegation by 1 point last year) KO'd your fellow Brits Blackburn ;)

AEK KO'd Salzburg

Panathinaikos KO'd Bratislava

&

Panionios KO'd Sochaux

& Greece is top of the Euro 2008 qualifying group so we can defend OUR title.

So I'd say we're doing pretty well :gr:

P.S. How are Hearts doing these days? :LOL: :LOL:

Scotland has had a good couple of months but overall their s%$#! so go ###################

An evaluative and informative post if ever there was one.

Oh right,my mistake, the likes of Salzburg,Sochaux and Bratislava are of course in the same league as the German,French and European champions,in Stuttgart,Lyon and AC Milan :LOL:

Sochaux in particular lie 18th in the French League,displaying their obvious European pedigree.

All Scottish Premier League teams participating in the UEFA Cup progressed to the group stages also.

Scotland top a group containing France,Italy and Ukraine.

Greece top a group containing Norway,Turkey and Bosnia.

I feel as though I've done sufficient "homework",while you yourself are stuck,living off an admittedly very impressive triumph from three years ago,which is sadly unlikely to be repeated within your lifetime.

"Larissa (a team that only survived relegation by 1 point last year) KO'd your fellow Brits Blackburn "

Well done on identifying that Blackburn Rovers are a British team,shame you failed to remember they are specifically English,not Scottish,and therefore the result is completely irrelevant to this topic.

And rofl at the fact you mentioned the EPL,it is infinitely better than the Greek (and of course Scottish)

Hearts have had a very poor start to the season,yet have won 5 games out of their last 6,and with a little less interference from Romanov,could finish a respectable 3rd this year.

Well done to Celtic and Rangers.I liked the way they beat Lyon and of course Milan...

And 0-1 with France.That was magic..But relax all of you,the opponents are not Scotland and Greece.OUR opponents are the biggest leagues..These bigger leagues want to exterminate our leagues from the map of europe,and have only them,profits and titles.

Oh right,my mistake, the likes of Salzburg,Sochaux and Bratislava are of course in the same league as the German,French and European champions,in Stuttgart,Lyon and AC Milan :LOL:

You mock Salzburg, Sochaux & Bratislava but you can only beat who's in front of you. Salzburg only missed out on CL qualification because of a 2-1 defeat to Shakhter in the Ukraine (Shakhter won the game in the 87th min!!! Hence, they struggled against Salzburg home & away). Whereas Shakhter RAPED Celtic, effectively ending the game in the first 10 mins with 2 goals.

As for Lyon, it shows you have no understanding of global football. If you did, you'd know that Lyon are a shadow of their former selves. Stars like Essien, Malouda, Abidal are long gone, and the other stars like Fred and Cris are injured.

You also speak of Celtic winning at home to Milan, (a feat AEK Athens also acheived last year!). You don't mention Olympiakos' 3-1 demolition of Weder away though do you? Weder are a team that have scored 12 goals in the last 2 home games (4-1 vs fellow CL side Stuttgart, and 8-1 vs mid-table Armenia) yet they lost to Olympiakos. ;)

Sochaux in particular lie 18th in the French League,displaying their obvious European pedigree.

As for Sochaux, yes they are 18th but they were beaten by an average Greek team. You have given Celtic and Rangers as examples, whereas I've spoken of ALL the Greek teams as doing well... Look at your smaller teams... Aberdeen scraped past Dnipro :LOL:

All Scottish Premier League teams participating in the UEFA Cup progressed to the group stages also.

How are Hearts & Hibs doing in Europe this year? ;) Greece is the only country in Europe to have ALL her teams still left in the competition!

Scotland top a group containing France,Italy and Ukraine.

Greece top a group containing Norway,Turkey and Bosnia.

We earned an easier group, you can't hold that against us. I just hope we can talk again when you fail to qualify (don't go disappearing on us like you did when AEK smashed Hearts 5-1 on agg)

I feel as though I've done sufficient "homework",while you yourself are stuck,living off an admittedly very impressive triumph from three years ago,which is sadly unlikely to be repeated within your lifetime.

You say we're living off a triumph from 3 years ago as if it was 20 years ago & we've done nothing since. It was the last European Championship... We are the REIGNING EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!! As for it being an achievement that is unlikely to be repeated in my life time, I have 2 things to say:

1) Why not? A large proportion of the Euro 2004 team had reached the final of the u-21 European Championships when they were younger, losing to Spain 1-0 but dominating the game.

This summer, Greece's u-19's went to the final of the European Championships and again lost 1-0 to Spain but dominated ;) Sounds like a good omen, if you don't believe in omens though you'd have to admit we have fantastic young talent in abundance, if they develop there is no reason we can't repeat the feat in a few years. We have young players like Ninis (17 years old and being tracked by Roma & Real Madrid), Papastathopoulos (18 and being tracked by Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, & Juve). Along with other huge talents such as Torosidis, Mitroglou, & Dimoutsos. There's no reason we can't repeat the feat... we are not a dead-end footballing country like Scotland :D

2) So what if we never acheive it again? Footballing superpowers like Spain & Portugal have never won anything, we have! The last time the English won anything was 3 years before the moonlanding (when they robbed themselves to the silverware) and they still go on about it like it was yesterday. Typical British mentality I guess where you think the whole world revolves around you.

And rofl at the fact you mentioned the EPL,it is infinitely better than the Greek (and of course Scottish)

That highlights Larissa's acheivement ########!

Hearts have had a very poor start to the season,yet have won 5 games out of their last 6,and with a little less interference from Romanov,could finish a respectable 3rd this year.

In the meantime you're 5th so just sit back and enjoy our acheivements ;)

---

Do not refer to eachother with words that may offend the person you talk to. Disagreement is type of a conversation. Needs more effort to run smoothly by all parties taking part in it but it still is a conversation and the rules of politeness apply!

"Shakhter won the game in the 87th min!!! "

Since when did it matter what minute you scored in?

Perhaps you yourself have no understanding of football,as you try to place some form of argument on the basis that someone won a game in the latter stages of the match....

When I came on here,it was all about how poor the Scottish game is,now that it has improved,it is all about how other teams have weakened or lost players.

It's not as if Lyon don't have the money to buy more technically gifted players than Rangers or Celtic.

It's also Shakhtar*

I consider myself educated,how foolish of me not to realise that of course,every Greek team will be better than Dnipro,because you laugh at the fact a Scottish team knocked them out.

"How are Hearts & Hibs doing in Europe this year? Greece is the only country in Europe to have ALL her teams still left in the competition!"

What? My point that all the SPL teams participating progressed,cannot be challenged!

Hearts and Hibs aren't competing in this year's competition,as we don't have 4 UEFA cup spots on top of the 2 for the CL!

"This summer, Greece's u-19's went to the final of the European Championships and again lost 1-0 to Spain"

Sound familiar? The year before the Scotland U-19 team lost in the final to Spain by a single goal....so please,enough of the "dead-end footballing country" guff,we are the current success story of European football,taking the Old Firm's CL performances into account,along with the national team's exceptional form.

Wow,some of your young players are being "tracked" by big clubs.

This automatically means they are world beaters who are going to rise through the ranks and lead Greece to glory,while young Scottish players have no ability,and are destined to fail in football.

We are also on the topic of the Scottish and Greek national teams,not the form of a specific league team which is completely outwith the discussion :rolleyes:

"Shakhter won the game in the 87th min!!! "

Since when did it matter what minute you scored in?

Perhaps you yourself have no understanding of football,as you try to place some form of argument on the basis that someone won a game in the latter stages of the match....

Yes a win is a win but how you win can determine the strength of a team. The fact that Salzburg (who are managed by Giovanni Trappatoni) took Donetsk to the wire shows that they're a decent side. They did alot better against Donetsk than Celtic did ;) So you can't mock AEK Athens for beating them 3-0!

When I came on here,it was all about how poor the Scottish game is,now that it has improved,it is all about how other teams have weakened or lost players.

It's not as if Lyon don't have the money to buy more technically gifted players than Rangers or Celtic.

Actually, people were saying that Fyssas should have been in a better league than the Scottish league and you got defensive. Scotland's acheivements have been and most were happy to see a small doing so well, but then you came back here to brag that you're doing great while we aren't, when in reality both countries are doing well (we are doing slightly better though! :whistle: )

What? My point that all the SPL teams participating progressed,cannot be challenged!

ALL the SPL teams??? THERE'S ONLY 1 FFS!! :LOL:

Hearts and Hibs aren't competing in this year's competition,as we don't have 4 UEFA cup spots on top of the 2 for the CL!

Yeah because you have a s%$#! league with no strength in depth. 2 decent teams and the rest are crap.

we are the current success story of European football,taking the Old Firm's CL performances into account,along with the national team's exceptional form.

:LOL: :LOL: Based on what? 2 wins in the CL and a decent run in Euro 2008 qualifying? :LOL:

- Current European Champions

- u-19 European Championship finalists

- Olympiakos top of the CL group

- ALL 5 teams have qualified for the UEFA group stages (inc. victories over top teams teams like Blackburn & Zaragoza)

Wow,some of your young players are being "tracked" by big clubs.

This automatically means they are world beaters who are going to rise through the ranks and lead Greece to glory,while young Scottish players have no ability,and are destined to fail in football.

The point is that we have an abundance of excellent young players, as many as the traditional superpowers in football like Italy for example. Of course potential doesn't necessarily equate to "making it as top class player", but these players are already proving themselves at the top level. Last year, for example, Papastathopoulos was in the AEK defence that kept a clean sheet against Milan (and won 1-0), he was Defender of the Tournament in the u-19 European Championship so it's obvious he can become top class. If he's a good defender now at 18 then his potential is limitless.

We are also on the topic of the Scottish and Greek national teams,not the form of a specific league team which is completely outwith the discussion :rolleyes:

Actually we're in the topic of Fyssas. :rolleyes: But, the acheivements of the Scottish national team is amazing, but ultimately you are top of the group and so are we so in terms of value of the acheivement we are in the same pot. Of course yours is more eye-catching but it still leads to the same destination. Having said that, we have 1 foot in the finals, you still have a long way to go. Good luck, it would be a great acheivement, but don't get too big for your boots just yet.

• Argy locked this topic

Archived