Phantis Forums

Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina (13 November 2016, Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

23 hours ago, KOLOSSOS13 said:

This is something a lot of people don't understand, and the posters of this specific forum seems to understand it the least. 

On national team level experience and continuity is the key. You cant call up everyone that has had 3 good games in the superleague. The Germans has understood this, that's why players like Klose, Podolski and Khedira would always be called up, regardless of club form. Joachim Low could rely on them no matter what. 

If it was up to the the majority of the members of this forum, Siopis would have started a crucial game against Bosnia. It sounds like a bad joke, but it's not.

Apparently for most of htese posters, its better to field a new player at a crucial match than someone who , ugly but still , works.

Retarded Greek Mentality.

We have to beg Bosnians who before , during and after the game were acting bitchier than our dirtiest ex for forgiveness over something a serb c@nt did?
Why are you so pu$$ies? Bosnians got what they asked for. If cheering Macedonia!Macedonia!, something that hurts our pride all the time before the match, you ll get what you asked for, and it's a banter that hurts your pride.

You Gopniks are so butthurt about it? You think the Greek fans are the worst there are?

Summer 16. Albanians use banners bashing the Greek, noone bats an eye. 

Where were you when this happened? Where are your comments about Albanians mixing politics they know nothing about with football? You were nowhere, because you are just egomaniacs. Go to sleep Gopniks, I repeat. And pray we dont get a result from Belgium.

4 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Retarded Greek Mentality.

We have to beg Bosnians who before , during and after the game were acting bitchier than our dirtiest ex for forgiveness over something a serb c@nt did?
Why are you so pu$$ies? Bosnians got what they asked for. If cheering Macedonia!Macedonia!, something that hurts our pride all the time before the match, you ll get what you asked for, and it's a banter that hurts your pride.

You Gopniks are so butthurt about it? You think the Greek fans are the worst there are?

Summer 16. Albanians use banners bashing the Greek, noone bats an eye. 

Where were you when this happened? Where are your comments about Albanians mixing politics they know nothing about with football? You were nowhere, because you are just egomaniacs. Go to sleep Gopniks, I repeat. And pray we dont get a result from Belgium.

Unconfirmed chanting of 'Macedonia' is equal to a banner that makes fun of genocide? 

Why would we say anything about a banner that Albanian fans put up? What does that have to do with us or our team? Nothing. You keep using the racist slur gopnik as if you think it will achieve something.

8 hours ago, Original Sydney said:

kosaca, videos from where the Bosnian fans were shows them singing Macedonia. One is not better than the other in my opninion. Both fans acted like idiots

When Bosnian fans are yelling "Macedonia" or when Greek fans boo Bosnian anthem(or vice versa), or when Greek fans bring Serbian flags or Bosnian fans Turkiye flags etc. is one thing, not nice obviously but not like it's a tragedy...but glorification of officially biggest crime in the Europe after WW2 is on another level. 

Actually I read  official announcement of the "BH Fanaticos"(most famous fan group of the Bosnian national teams) and they are mad becuase Greek football association equalized Srebrenica banner with their behaviour(pyro and stuff).

Last sentence of their announcement: "We can't be silent on those provocations. We will react in our style, as a fans, no matter price and consequences. Between sport results and pride - honor we will choose the second one."

Some nice people as it seems

maxresdefault.jpg

7 minutes ago, kosaca said:

that video is from october 2012.

Not sure if it was from 2012 but how do you even know what video I was talking about? 

But let me get this straight, you guys are complaining about us Greeks and our actions but you guys came in 2012 to Athens and provoked/insulted the Greek fans, did you expect us to not forget? Similar to how some of you guys have said Bosnians don't forget.

Was throwing flares into the Greek fan section not a bad thing?

As I said both fans behaviour was pathetic. One is not better than the other.

• Like it 1

42 minutes ago, Original Sydney said:

Not sure if it was from 2012 but how do you even know what video I was talking about? 

But let me get this straight, you guys are complaining about us Greeks and our actions but you guys came in 2012 to Athens and provoked/insulted the Greek fans, did you expect us to not forget? Similar to how some of you guys have said Bosnians don't forget.

Was throwing flares into the Greek fan section not a bad thing?

As I said both fans behaviour was pathetic. One is not better than the other.

because there is one video i saw circulating in greek medias which is of our fans chanting macedonia in 2012, this is not relevant to the game last week. by the way, that was a response to the burning of our flag. we can go in circles finding incidents but the banner is worse than any of those.

that being said, i do not think fifa will hand out any punishment. 

4 minutes ago, kosaca said:

because there is one video i saw circulating in greek medias which is of our fans chanting macedonia in 2012, this is not relevant to the game last week. by the way, that was a response to the burning of our flag. we can go in circles finding incidents but the banner is worse than any of those.

that being said, i do not think fifa will hand out any punishment. 

I actually saw it on one of those hooligan tv fb pages, tried finding it now but cant remember which page it was so I cant confirm.

It does have slight relevance, you guys said Bosnian fans don't forget, Greek fans may have that same mentality also.

Did you know your fans were provoking Greek fans outside the ground?

Flares being thrown into Greek fan section.

I don't condone the banner I think it is a disgrace, but again I say to you BOTH set of fans didn't act in a good manner.

And continuing with the banner, we don't know 100% for certain it was a Greek who held it up. Olympiakos fans do have a brotherhood with Red Star and they support each other a lot so maybe it was one of them?

Don't be surprised if it was Serbs then who did all this I wouldn't put it past them, with the help of a few Greeks also.....

I don't see any issue with the flares being lit its part of the game/atmosphere unless they have banned them and I didn't hear that. I just don't agree when they are thrown into other fans sections, other than that I'm all for flares.....

If you guys get a fine for the flares and we don't get one for the banner then that's just F***ed up!!

this is the problem with the serbian alliance. serbs are definitely cool to us, but they're hot heads and they put us into messes that we've transcended long ago.

Greece is definitely more enlightened than the rest of the balkans, hence why we're more akin Western Europe eg) Portugal.

If fans brought provactive signs to a Germany vs. Greece match we'd just taunt each other and raise the drama for the game.

Serbs and Bosnians have a lot of losers and criminals around though and murdering and stabbing is blase and casual to them. I hope nobody gets hurt.

9 hours ago, Dampyr said:

When Bosnian fans are yelling "Macedonia" or when Greek fans boo Bosnian anthem(or vice versa), or when Greek fans bring Serbian flags or Bosnian fans Turkiye flags etc. is one thing, not nice obviously but not like it's a tragedy...but glorification of officially biggest crime in the Europe after WW2 is on another level. 

Actually I read  official announcement of the "BH Fanaticos"(most famous fan group of the Bosnian national teams) and they are mad becuase Greek football association equalized Srebrenica banner with their behaviour(pyro and stuff).

Last sentence of their announcement: "We can't be silent on those provocations. We will react in our style, as a fans, no matter price and consequences. Between sport results and pride - honor we will choose the second one."

maxresdefault.jpg

i thought the biggest crime after ww2? was the invasion of Cyprus? and then the occupation and then the world denial and then the demographics role reversal. where the majority become the minority through importing people from the mainland that have no association nor care what travisidy occurred. and till this day and forever it has changed! so ya the biggest isn't what happened its Cyprus!

and about the name thing ya, bosnias take note don't provoke chanting turkie. by doing that then your argument regarding the travesty that happened is null and void and actually has less merit because your crying wolf while instigating!! no bueno at all. classless.

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, OlympicHellas said:

Bosniaks screaming in support of the Skop thieves and fraudsters is nothing new, these people are brothers at the end of the day

As for Greeks fans going to Bosnia, we are coming whether anyone ''allows'' us or not

@georgelaz, the Balkans (anywhere north of Greece) is the sewer of Europe

I hope that uefa has some balls and makes bosnia play under closed doors as it did for us vs kroatia. ironic how its the same situation, flares and seats being thrown and then violence. hmmmm

9 hours ago, OlympicHellas said:

Bosniaks screaming in support of the Skop thieves and fraudsters is nothing new, these people are brothers at the end of the day

As for Greeks fans going to Bosnia, we are coming whether anyone ''allows'' us or not

@georgelaz, the Balkans (anywhere north of Greece) is the sewer of Europe

you're coming from your computer in Sydney? i can't wait :)

3 hours ago, gk2033 said:

I hope that uefa has some balls and makes bosnia play under closed doors as it did for us vs kroatia. ironic how its the same situation, flares and seats being thrown and then violence. hmmmm

why would we play behind closed doors? for lighting a flare? when has that ever happened?

3 hours ago, gk2033 said:

and about the name thing ya, bosnias take note don't provoke chanting turkie. by doing that then your argument regarding the travesty that happened is null and void and actually has less merit because your crying wolf while instigating!! no bueno at all. classless.

when did anyone chant turkey? also how would a few fans chanting turkey make the genocide void? would it be the same to say that greek fans chanting serbia means that all crimes against greeks are 'null and void'??????????????????

I'm pretty sure nobody from us in this forum didn't raise that Srebrenica banner, didn't raise Chetniks flag(yes, even that was there, link : http://www.bljesak.net/Thumb/502x339/atena-grcka-bih-sukob4.jpg ), didn't boo opposite anthem, didn't throw pyro on the opposite fans, didn't yelled Macedonia or something, actually I'm pretty sure most of us from this discussion were not at the stadion at all and we all agree that we don't support that behaviour, aren't we?

So none of us should not really try to explain something committed by other people, for instance only people who are responsible for Srebrenica banner are those who raised it, not all Greeks on the stadion and of course not all Greeks in total. But that's just how I see things, but I'm afraid not all people are like me in both nations.

Edited by Dampyr
  • Like it 2

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

I agree with that ^^. Everyone should distance themselves from the ugly events and not assume bad faith.

As for what actually happened we may never know. As i stated, arrests in Greece are exceptionally rare - no matter what you do. The only videos I can find are these. It seems the Bosnians who came over were Ultras? Can anyone confirm this? The only positive I can mention at this point, is that currently Greece does not have an Ultra group for the NT - maybe one or two fans, but not on the same scale as the group the Bosnians brought.

Bosnia have many "national team only" fan groups, as I said it, BH Fanaticos are most known. Not sure what is actually considered "Ultras", but I can say you this: They have a couple of thousands of members of very different profiles, from girls and middle-aged rich people to young masked guys with pyro and fights, but even they as much as I know never stabbed someone or something similar, obviously not the most radical "fans" in the World lol.

Edited by Dampyr

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

Again, this shows you have a very poor understanding of Greece and are continuing to push a false reality - why I am not sure. Chant Turkey at a group of Greeks and it wont end well, they will be offended - just as a serbian flag offended many Bosnians.

What is 'very poor' about the fact that it's a huge stretch to say that holding the flag of a brotherly nation is equal to supporting massacres? 

Every time someone holds a German flag this is mocking the Holocaust? Every time someone holds an Azerbaijani flag this is mocking the Nagorno-Karabakh war? Every time someone holds a Russian flag this is mocking the Holodomor? 

No one was offended by the Serbian flag, I'm not sure where you have read this.

Edited by kosaca

15 hours ago, Dampyr said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Glorification of the biggest crime in Europe? Your Bosnian blood is kicking in.

2 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I am afraid you are now trying to attempt a relativist argument and in Europe - people are offended by different things. The German flag straw man you attempted is also not helpful to a civilised debate. Again, I am afraid your perception of the Greek reality is false. Again, Greeks will react to people chanting Turkey at them and they will also react to Turkish flags at unrelated games. I remember a few years ago - the Emirates Stadium banned all international flags at Arsenal games because Turkish Cypriots were offended at seeing the Cypriot flag. So I am afraid your examples are null and irrelevant. If you want to debate why Greeks are offended or why turkish Cypriots are by certain flags and chants, feel free - but preaching about what should or should not offend Greeks is a backward stratagem on this forum. 

Let him continue. He is amusing us. Signing in on a Greek forum and trying to make us ask sorry is pitiful and pathetic. He wants to continue, let him do it. We ve had our massacres too. Since the guy holding the flag/banner is Serbian, I honestly find nothing to be sorry about. Its the retarded Greek Mentality that is afraid to hurt others that's worrying me. Greeks preffering to put their based opinions(about Bosnians being intruiguing and so these evens occuring) behind, so that they dont hurt the Bosnian pride.

the thing is, if anyone is going to get points off belgium, it's us. bosnia plays more attractive football but they're never going to have our pedigree because defense wins championships unless your spain or brazil type caliber.

so people talk smack about our ethniki, but numbers don't lie. (besides that hickup euro campaign, which hopefully we can slowly forget)