PANATHINAIKOS F.C

Founded: 1908

Club Office: Irodou Attikou 12A, 15124, Maroussi

Home Ground: Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium

Phone: +30 210 8093630 Fax: +30 210 8093644

E-mail: [email protected]

Web: www.pao.gr

PANATHINAIKOS ROSTER

No. Last Name...... First Name.. Position...... D.O.B..... Previous Team Games/Goals

1 NIKOPOLIDIS..... ANTONIS..GOALKEEPER 14/10/71. ANAGEN. ARTA.....172/ 0

2 HENRIKSEN......... RENE ......DEFENDER ...27/08/69...AB COPENHAGEN 111/0

3 MAURICE............ NASIEF... DEFENDER... 16/04/81...ARIS ...................23/0

4 MARIC................SILVIO... MIDFIELDER.. 20/03/75...DYNAMO ZAGREB.13/1

5 SEITARIDIS....... YOURKAS. DEFENDER... 04/06/81...PAS GIANNINA.....76/2

6 MUNCH............... MARKUS. MIDFIELDER...07/09/72..GLADBACH...........23/1

7 VLAOVIC............ GORAN... FORWARD......07/08/72..VALENCIA............56/29

8 GOUMAS............ GIANNIS.. DEFENDER.... 24/05/75..Am. PAO.............173/13

9 WARZYCHA....... KRZYSTOF. FORWARD.... 17/11/64..RUCH CHORZOW 385/244

10 EPALE.............. JOEL........ MIDFIELDER.. 20/02/78..ARIS...................15/1

11 PAPADOPOULOS DIMITRIS FORWARD..... 20/10/81..BURNLEY.............26/17

12 HALKIAS.......... COSTAS ...GOALKEEPER 30/05/74..IRAKLIS..............19/0

14 ZUTAUTAS......RAIMONDAS MIDFIELDER.. 09/04/72 MACCABBI HAIFA 21/2

15 DEMBA-NYREN..DJIONGO...FORWARD......26/06/79..LEFSKI SOFIA.......5/0

16 KYRGIAKOS.... SOTIRIS..... DEFENDER... 23/07/79..AG.NIKOLAOS.......43/1

17 OKSIZOGLOU..CHRISTOS..MIDFIELDER...17/01/85..Am. PAO................0/0

18 SANMARTEAN... LUCIAN.... MIDFIELDER.. 13/03/80 GLORIA BISTRITA..18/1

19 KONSTANTINOU MICHALIS FORWARD..... 19/02/78 IRAKLIS ...............64/18

20 BASINAS........... ANGELOS MIDFIELDER.. 04/01/76 Am.PAO..............158/19

22 SAPANIS.......... MILTIADIS MIDFIELDER.. 28/01/76 PANILIAKOS........31/8

23 OLISADEBE...... EMMANUEL FORWARD..... 22/12/78 POLONIA.............53/24

24 VINTRA.............LOUKAS.....DEFENDER......05/02/81 PANILIAKOS.........5/0

25 KOTSIOS............ELIAS.......DEFENDER.....25/04/77..OFH CRETE...........4/0

27 KONSTANTINIDIS PANTELIS MIDFIELDER 16/08/75...PAOK..................42/5

31 TZORVAS...... ALEXANDROS GOALKEEPER 12/08/82 AG.NIKOLAOS........0/0

33 KOTSOLIS...... STEFANOS... GOALKEEPER 05/06/79..Am. PAO...............8/0

35 MICHAELSEN....... JAN......... MIDFIELDER 28/11/70..AB COPENHAGEN...49/4

40 GONZALEZ.......EZEQUIEL....MIDFIELDER..10/07/80..ROSARIO CENTRAL 11/5

Coach: YITZAK SHUM

Ouch...Good call Evergreen!

lol

But theres got to be more than that...theres 18 League Goals...8 European

Any Cup ones?

Thats 26 goals in 50 odd games...ehh not too bad...hopefully we can get a better return on him this season!

Michalakis is valuable. He sweats for the team, and that's what really counts. And 26 out of 50 is not really that bad (ok, ok, so I like him, so what).

PS : If we hadn't paid him so much money and if we hadn't jumped on the messiah wagon (like we're doing just now with Gonzalez), nobody would be criticizing him.

ok, ok..when I get time tommorow, I'll find out how many goals he has in all competiions...I'm pretty sure he'll have a ratio of .3..which is pretty poor for a striker IMO. He's been less than impressive to say the least.

Yes, he fights, he wrestles, he opens up the...defence...but a striker is signed and paid a crapload of money to score goals too. Heck Sabanis from the midflield has scored as many as him this season (4) having played in 7 games as opposed to Mixalakhs 19. If that ain't piss-poor, what is? <_<

Well, let's check out what Gonzalez can do about that, ok?

You must admit that it's really hard for a heavy forward like Michalakis to create his own space with the ball. So he needs some precise serving. So far he hasn't been getting it.

Ask the AEK fans if they'd like to trade him for Okkas, many of them would be more than happy to do so.

Good point kilmanrok. The service from the PAO midfield doesnt suit that for an out and out striker. Michalaki is a big lad, he can throw his weight around, strong in the air and he can be a nuisance. But how much longer can he go creating his own chances and spaces.

But what I like most abo0ut Mihalaki is his intelligence which can be seen watching him off the ball. His very good at dragging players wide, and hes awareness is great, always has and develops very quickly a good understanding with his striking partner (Pap anyone, even Manoli). These players especially now Pap have benefitted so much from the space Mihali creates for them.

Yes, he hasnt proided a good return goals wise but he works hard for the team, prolly more so than for himself. Perhaps a better service (Gonzales) will help. I sure as hope so...and I think it will happen.

Also, I may mention about Sapanis. I havent seen a great deal of him but from wat I have seen I can gather that this player has a very similar knack of running and timing to that of a Scholes. He seems to find the right time to enter the box from Midfiled to tuck away goals as he has the past two months. Its very promising. Im not saying he is a Scholes but slowly the way hes going it reminds me of similar attributes of Scholes. Hopefully he can shoot outside the box like Scholes can as well than wed be kicking ourselves that we hardly used this player before Shoum.

this is very true..i think once gonzalez gets into gear our strikers will score more goals...michali is a player that needs to be served a ball, thats the type of player he is...he is big and strong, opens defesnes and can posses the ball very well...but lets face it, its rare if u see him turn "thierry henry" style and go strait to goal...we need to see reality here, striker are suppose to score, but midfielders are suppose to feed, and we havent had too much of that this year..michali can definitly finish, but he needs the ball in a reasonable spot first....with gonzalez in there, im sure his goal scoring will improve...but strikers definitly have to do more than score...

Ok boys, you asked for it and here is the "Mixalakh" thus far <_<

Season.......League games/goals......Cup games/goals.....Eurogames/goals

2001-2002....................17/9.........................4/0........................16/6

2002-2003....................21/4.........................6/2.........................6/0

2003-2004....................19/4.........................4/0.........................6/2

TOTAL..........................57/17.......................14/2......................28/8

TOTAL GAMES: 99

TOTAL GOALS: 27

GOALS RATIO: .28 GOALS PER GAME. THAT MEANS WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR ATLEAST 4 GAMES BEFORE "MIXALAKH" DOES US A FAVOUR AND SCORES.

COMMENTS: IF THAT ISN'T PISS POOR FOR A STRIKER THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN A MILLION CHANCES THEN WHAT IS?

OLA TA ALLA TA AKOUW BERESE!!! :angry:

Lets compare him now to poor old Olisadebe who can't get a break from injuries.

Season.......League games/goals......Cup games/goals.....Eurogames/goals

2000-2001......................7/4........................1/0..........................0/0

2001-2002....................19/9.........................5/1........................11/2

2002-2003....................19/8.........................2/1.........................9/4

2003-2004.....................1/0..........................0/0.........................1/0

TOTAL..........................46/21.......................8/2........................21/6

TOTAL GAMES: 75

TOTAL GOALS: 29

GOALS RATIO: .39 GOALS PER GAME. A GOAL EVERY 2,5 GAMES

COMMENTS: CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO RETURN AND SAVE US FROM MIXALAKH!!!

give michali a break...he has given us some nice, important goals, and is a striker that does alot more than score...more than half the goals dimi has scored this year were somewhat caused from michali...everyone is suppose to help the team WIN and when he is on the field, we usually do...

give michali a break...he has given us some nice, important goals, and is a striker that does alot more than score...more than half the goals dimi has scored this year were somewhat caused from michali...everyone is suppose to help the team WIN and when he is on the field, we usually do...

Fair enough, on the other hand though he cant seem to be able to put his own chances away, as Dimi does...

from sportaction.gr statistics

Evergreen, I think your been a bit too harsh on Mixalaki. I mean if we were too concentrate on the Ratios you have provided us with than Manoli is only .11 better. And thats thanks to Michali, bc Manoli feeds alot of Mihalis runs and the space he creates. Manolis more of a 6 yard striker.

Why dont you go ahead and do Vlaovics ratio as well....

Than the only other striker left if Pap!

So Mihali would have to be in the top 3 strikers at PAO currently...that includes Goran, Demba and Vazexa, Manoli, Pap.

Lube is 3rd in the Missed Chances Category, 1 off Konstantinou but u bet you ( I know I would) love to have him back in Green. And I bet you wont forget he was top goalscorer last season.

Anywaz, I admit Mihali doesnt give us a good return at the moment (statistically) however perhaps with the addition of Gonzales which would "improve" service to our strikers than Micahlis return in goals should also "improve". Thats my point.

Archived