Phantis Forums

Pao Roster 2003-2004

HOLLYWOOD

Evergreen, perhaps we can conduct a poll on this forum to gauge the opinion of  PAO fans on whether Mihalis is a hinder to the team or not!?

:whistle:

A poll? what's the point?!!I think I may be pitching the Mixalhs Konstantinou fan club here :lol:

Kilmarnok, I prefer to have Sanmartean than Tsiartas. Any AEK fan will tell you he's a wash up. But I do get the point, you make.

I just cant believe the patience you have with this guy.( to palto)

Here's Goran Vlaovic as requested...

Season.......League games/goals......Cup games/goals.....Eurogames/goals

2000-2001....................14/12........................6/4..........................7/0

2001-2002....................21/13........................5/3........................13/2

2002-2003....................13/2.........................5/2.........................3/0

2003-2004.....................8/2..........................2/0.........................3/0

TOTAL..........................56/29.......................18/9........................26/2

TOTAL GAMES: 100

TOTAL GOALS: 40

GOALS RATIO: .40 GOALS PER GAME. A GOAL EVERY 2,5 GAMES

COMMENTS: GORAN HAS DONE VEY WELL CONSIDERING HE HAS PLAYED A LOT OF GAMES OFF THE BENCH, BEEN THROWN IN THE LAST 20-10 MINS IN A VAST PROPORTION OF THEM! ACTUALLY, I THINK GORAN WOULD HAVE DONE MUCH MORE FOR US IF HE DIDN'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH MIXALAKH'S FAVOURATISM.

You and I know that Goran scores frequently against understrength teams in Greece. His only scored twice in europe, yet his scored 9 in Cup games even though hes played less cup games than European Games. Mihali is a smarter striker than Goran. When i saw Goran play aginst Rangers in Athens (1-1) he was making so many stupid runs, sometimes he was making the same runs his striking partner was.

i agree and disagree with you adonis...vlaovic is a smarter player than michali, but only because of his experieicne...i think michali has potenial to be a better striker, but vlaovic had some great seasons with valencia...but this is true, he does score against understrength teams, but he is starting to get washed up because of his age...its true evergreen, i do like michali because he has potenial to be an incredible striker...but its hard to ignore the facts that he has scored some very importawnt goals and is a HUGE help in the offense...

Listen, its not patience we have with Mihali. He works his ass off for the team rather than for himself. And he comes through in crucial games...Barcelona anyone...broke the 0-0 deadline against Stutgart in Athens...Rizopoulis this season...i can go on but there just off the top of my head...

The thing is at PAO we have 4-6 strikers...cant be bothered counting them now...and they all have different styles to each other....except for maybe Pap and Vlaovic...Pap is more classier maybe, well rounded, prolly just like Vlaovic in his hay day but we all know Goran wont be sticking around after this season so lets concentrate on what we have long term. Manoli has been out for a while so he wont be AS sharp but he will be a threat....he has pace, although i still have problem with his finishing...i think its very unorthodox. What Im trying to say is all of them bring some unique to the team and obvioulsy Mihali doesnt bring goals as often as the others do....but he always gives 110% and hes very strong both on ground and air and scores in crucial games as well.

• 1 month later...

Your discusion about Gonzales number is very funny :D But I must say that for some players their number is very important.For example Kamil Kosowski played in Wislain number 6 and he was sold to Kaiserslautern wisla bought Mijailovic and gave him number 6.Kosowski is very unhappy after that and he told Wisla board that it was very unfair because some day he could back to Krakow and he would like toplay with the same number... IDIOT :tup:

• 1 month later...

Come on, stats ain't everything and Mihali is a smart player. The number of fouls in Greece is high because of the refs and he has always performed brilliantly in Europe. His goals against Schalke in Leoforos and against Barça in Camp Nou were of the highest standard. :tup:

They will go on to make a very effective striking line-up with Dimi in a few seasons. :box:

Manoli bucketed off his credits and I think he should be placed on the transfer list soon. :tdown:

Quote "Manoli bucketed off his credits and I think he should be placed on the transfer list soon. "

What the hell is wrong with u if any striker should b on the transfer list n i mean any striker it should b Demba!!!! we need to keep Manoli he is like the most valueble player we have along side dimi n even kostan (even though her misses a lot of chances he trys)

I wouldnt say Manoli is our most valuable player, but we should plan to keep him and not put him on the transfer list. He adds so much just with his pace and he is pretty smart as well. But so is Mihali. PAO do have a great attack. That aint our problem. I think our midfield is were we need to improve. Michaelsen is getting old, Sanmartean although a great player and huge potential, will still take his time to reach his potential, and Gonzales hasnt exactly proved yet he can carry the team. Basinas is definately someone we need!

• 3 months later...

Archived