Phantis Forums

GK-R16-Leg 1: AEL Kalloni - PAOK FC (06-Jan-16, 19:30 GR)

Blackhawk

Yeah, but this isn't even proper football.  I've been watching Premier League and Sporting Lisbon matches this season, and it's no comparison.  It's like comparing The Golden State Warriors to a YMCA league of retarded midgets with no arms...

BEST QUOTE EVER

Can you seriously say you believe we stand any chance in hell to even make it to the final, let alone win the cup?  With the way we've been playing all year?  

I don't believe it but I'll hope for the best. The thing with the cup is that everything can happen and that a team doesn't need to be good under time but just when the right moments come. I'm probably just telling myself there's a chance because I don't want to realize that this season is completely lost, but hey let's just hope for the best haha..

Pana: You'll probably be right. Would be quite a year for AEK; coming back to GSL, playing a cup final and then starting the construction of Agia Sofia in the summer (??).

The problem is that for some unknown reason we aren't fixing the most critical problems in the squad.  Since the mid point of last season until now, our defense has been woeful, and I mean woeful.  A rudimentary look at the results for the last year would tell you in 5 minutes that there is something wrong with the defense.  So why isn't that the top priority ?  Now as to how to fix the defense is a different issue, but that should be the top priority.  We will never progress while we are consistently conceding cheap goals from small teams.  Granted, you will sometimes have the odd game where things just go pear shaped and you concede goals, but in our case, it's every second game.

This is what Tudor should be fixated on, and you'd think that as a former class defender, he'd realise that.  Instead, Tudor is fixated on a player that will "make the difference".  Guess what, he has them in Mak and Rodrigues.  That's all PAOK has.  Heaven help us if either of those two get injured or sold.

Bananas// And when they realize that we need new signings on the defense they will probably buy some slow old ones...

With all the money Savvidis has and is ready to spend I can't figure out why we're not doing "Olympiacos-signings", as in buying 20-25 y.o talents or players that are good but haven't quite made it in the best leagues. Just look at the signings of Kasami, Masuaku etc..

I know that we can't spend money as Oly does, due to our lack of CL-money(15-20 million each year), but when you listen to Savvidis's visions you would think we can make two or three signings each season in the range of 2-4 million Euro. 

Even if we don't talk moneywise, Oly outclass us in transfers and organization/scouting. Masuaku was bought for 300k EURO, the same amount we paid for Korovesis, and today he's worth 7 million and can easily go for 8-10 million in the summer. We're paying 4 million (inc tax) for Berbatov this season and Oly bought both Durmaz and Milivojevic for the same amount (4,3 million together).

I really hope Arnesen stays and builds up a good scouting network..

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN

I never blamed him the first year or so for wanting to be involved in every single transaction.  This is Greece after all, and he would be an idiot to ust show up and hand over the checkbook to just anyone.  But since then, he brought on a President, of his own choosing and a Technical Director who has spent time with some of the biggest clubs in Europe.  Going out and getting Berba was a kick in the nuts to Arnesen.  Now bringing this other gypsy to basically oversee his choices is another kick in the nuts...there's only so much disrespect a reputable person will deal with until he tells you to F*** off.

it is also my belief that he brought in Vezyrtzis in order force Arnesen and Tudor out. Those two will be gone in couple months I believe. Vezyrtzis with friendly help from the sleazy Thessaloniki sports media contacts will eventually force Arnesen and Tudor to resign.

Today the big buzz among Metrosport's, Arena's and Kolkas's blogs that PAOK is looking for a Tudor replacement and that they already found him in either Anastasiou or Havos. PAE PAOK comes out and denies everything, which makes me to believe that after the return match with Kalloni we will most likely have a new coach, specially if we don't eliminate Kalloni.